Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
4everfox

LCFC Foreigner Appreciation Thread

No he wanted to play international football.

I think at the time the Turkish government let him off with national service to play.

Would he have done national service to play for them me thinks not.

Ok smartarse, players to represent nations other than British ones regardless of birthplace. How about Joey Gudjonsson? The best of a bad bunch. Speaking of Icelandic players, Arnar Gunlaugsson. I remember the whole of Filbert Street screaming at him to shoot from 25 yards and he obliged and smashed it into the back of the net, forgotten the opponent though.

Cambiasso

Kaamark

Schmeichel

Wasilewski

Berner

Keller

Mahrez

Knockaert

Zagorakis showed glimpses but was always 2nd choice behind Lennon and never really got a proper run. Tunchev looked very good for his half season, but then got that horrible injury and unfortunately we never saw what he could've been above League One level (though I'm sure he would've been great at Championship level at least). Gunlaugsson, Abe and Rantanen were fun and a bit cult-heroish but in all honesty, a bit shit. Dabizas was just a mediocre Championship defender. Kermorgant, well, we all know the story of that one.

Muzzy Izzet was a full blown cockney. Even though he played for Turkey, I very much doubt he defines himself as Turkish. Similar to players like Morgan and Sinclair with Jamaica.

Pontus Kaamark has to be noted among our overseas players for me. His man to man marking of Juninho was master class. It was one of the reasons we lifted the league cup in 97 against Middlesbrough.

Very capable player and one of the best imports in my view.

Archived