Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
psb

Gary Lineker's major error last night on FA Cup documentary

Lineker's memory must be playing tricks on him. He said his main memory of the 1969 FA Cup Final were "Peter Shilton's white shirt, of course".

Wrong, Lineker. As any City fan knows, Shilton played in GREEN that day. He didn't start wearing the white shirt until the 1973-74 season.  lol

Thought it was an excellent programme. I found the bit about Fabrice Muamba very touching, remember that well. Also nice to see Ryan Donaldson getting some mention, feel he is capable of doing a job in league 1 or even a newly promoted championship side

Thought it was an excellent programme. I found the bit about Fabrice Muamba very touching, remember that well. Also nice to see Ryan Donaldson getting some mention, feel he is capable of doing a job in league 1 or even a newly promoted championship side

Agree, I only caught the end of it but i'll definitely be watching the beginning on iPlayer tonight.

I started watching as Mourinho was talking about his dog putting him in jail.

I was quite surprised by Lineker's glaring lack of Leicester knowledge during the World Cup last year - the game where Holland subbed the goalie in the last minute of extra time in readiness for the penalty shoot out. In discussion afterwards Lineker said he had "never seen of or heard of such a thing before"

I was quite surprised by Lineker's glaring lack of Leicester knowledge during the World Cup last year - the game where Holland subbed the goalie in the last minute of extra time in readiness for the penalty shoot out. In discussion afterwards Lineker said he had "never seen of or heard of such a thing before"

Great player for us but he's not quite the fan he makes himself out to be.

If he said 'watching Leicester lift the cup' that'd be a massive error!

Getting the Goalkeeper jersey colour wrong from a memory 46 years old from when he was 8 is a bit different, I think I'll let him off,

Just shows he was doing it properly from personal memories not just reading from a pre-planned BBC checked script

Maybe he was really small back then and could only see the shorts? :)

Getting the Goalkeeper jersey colour wrong from a memory 46 years old from when he was 8 is a bit different, I think I'll let him off,

Just shows he was doing it properly from personal memories not just reading from a pre-planned BBC checked script

No, in my pedantic mind it IS a massive error. Hence my signing up to come on here just to make my pedantic point.

Maybe he was remembering the act that City took to the field wearing white track suit tops?

Lineker's memory must be playing tricks on him. He said his main memory of the 1969 FA Cup Final were "Peter Shilton's white shirt, of course".

Wrong, Lineker. As any City fan knows, Shilton played in GREEN that day. He didn't start wearing the white shirt until the 1973-74 season.  lol

Remember, psb, a person who never made a mistake never made anything!!

Furthermore, he said "white shirt of course" as if we all should remember it, forgetting totally that the white shirt dates from 1973-74 and, notably, the semi final v Liverpool, where Keegan lobbed Shilton because he found him easier to locate in his white shirt. Lineker would have been 13 by that point.

To be fair I can't remember what colour Keller's jersey was in the League Cup Final in 99 which I was at and I was 13,

What it green? Or white?

Good point, I can't remember either, because goalkeepers had started wearing all sorts of colours by then. Back in 1969, they wore green, unless they were playing Plymouth when they wore red. International goalkeepers, on the whole, wore yellow. Shilton totally bucked the trend with his white outfit. It was big news at the time. Lineker should have remembered it.

To be fair I can't remember what colour Keller's jersey was in the League Cup Final in 99 which I was at and I was 13,

What it green? Or white?

Wasn't it that multiple greenish triangles colour they all seemed to wear in the 90s?

Archived