Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Will the Poznan celebration continue next season?

Guest CityFan 06

What does everybody think? I know the Poznan divides opinion amongst City fans, but will be interested to reckon if it will continue next season.

From where I sit in SK1, I have to say when some of the Family Stand and L1 do it, it looks ok. But, I'm 50/50 whether I like it or not to be honest.

amazed it still happens and genuinely don't remember seeing it all season. probably still celebrating like a normal person by the time these lot have done their goal music/turn round/"poznan"/go quiet routine 

What does everybody think? I know the Poznan divides opinion amongst City fans, but will be interested to reckon if it will continue next season.

From where I sit in SK1, I have to say when some of the Family Stand and L1 do it, it looks ok and decent. But, I'm 50/50 whether I like it or not to be honest.

When some people do it, it looks terrible. Can we all please stop?

Guest CityFan 06

Agree it would be better and look better if the whole ground did it, but the likelihood of that is not much.

i say the whole stadium remain deathy quiet til lthe oppo goalie gets a touch, then 32000 fans shout BOO, scare him into an own goal.

Go one step further, and instead of having 30,000 clappers, we can get one massive one that creates a sonic wave big enough to knock him over.

Infact like years ago the Kop singing YNWA hated it.

Is not our song.

But beating them 2-0 yesssss that was fun raming there song down there throat.

at my first away game (Bolton away in the cup in 05 or 06? 1-2 loss in extra time) two pissed up blokes behind me were singing it on their own. Odd

I'm not really a fan but I don't see it going away any time soon.

The fact is, a majority of people (although of course not all) in the ground are reasonably happy to have a choreographed form of atmosphere (inlcuding a ritualistic post-goal celebration, drum, clappers, etc.).

The reason why they are happy with this is because we don't really have any tradition in the new ground of being able to create a (consistent) atmosphere in any other way.

An uncomfortable truth perhaps, but that's my sense of it...

Archived