Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Ben Chilwell

Arsenal Interested 

Arsene Wenger is targeting Leicester teenager Ben Chilwell.

Gunners boss Wenger has despatched scouts to make regular checks on 18-year-old left back Chilwell.

Chilwell is a regular for Leicester’s under-21 side as well as England under-19s and has caught the eye with a string of impressive displays.

Arsenal have competition at in that position at senior level with Kieran Gibbs and Nacho Monreal but they are looking to bolster their youth ranks.

Leicester-City-v-Manchester-City-FA-Yout

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfers-leicester-youngster-ben-5829861

Hands off Wenger!

Only seen this lad once v Man City but he looks very good indeed and lived up to all of the hype. He ought to be part of our plans for the future.

On another note, we should go in for the Man City youth Brandon Barker who played left wing that night at the KP because he looked something special too and out-classed the Foxes lad who played right back! :D A name to watch out for.

He has a way better chance of making it with Leicester. Just a number at Arsenal.

To be fair on Arsenal they are the best club out of the top four to be at if you are a youngster. Wenger seems to prefer developing players from youth level.

Just making an observation, although I expect I could be way off the mark, but City seem to have a few prospects in the youth / development squads and we keep hearing how good they look etc but they never really seem to make the push into the first team and to be honest I don't think 20 is young these days (I know Chilwell is younger). There are downsides to keepng the youth in the development squad forever and never giving them a go in the first team. Other teams seem to manage to get the younguns out (Southampton, Everton, Liverpoor, Arsenal and even United and look at Grealish at Villa) so why don't we? I often hear people saying 'He's too young' or 'He's not ready' about players even into their 20's and I really don't get the though process? I suspect if Arsenal really are interested then Chilwell would be off, and I for one wouldnt blame him.

What? Like Cesc Fabregas and Raheem Sterling? I could go on.

Clearly some players will graduate from the academies of bigger clubs. If not the whole youth system would be pointless.

The indisputable point being that should Chilwell go to Arsenal he will find it significantly harder to break into the first team there than he would at Leicester. Why would you even try and argue that? 

If it's true he'll leave in a heartbeat. I've heard he's been unhappy here for a while. His Dad thinks he should be in the first team. 

With Konchesky holding his place seemingly unchallenged for a large part of the season even at times where he made some real errors I wouldn't have seen anything wrong in giving Chilwell a run out now and again to be honest.

Clearly some players will graduate from the academies of bigger clubs. If not the whole youth system would be pointless.

The indisputable point being that should Chilwell go to Arsenal he will find it significantly harder to break into the first team there than he would at Leicester. Why would you even try and argue that?

"Academy players that go to big clubs go on to disappear". No they really don't. I'd bet the same amount of players graduate from the top teams as players that graduate from lesser teams. Arsenal also have better facilities then us and that will aid any youth players development significantly. As a result, I'd say he has as much chance of making it at Arsenal as he does Leicester. If not then I'm sure they would be capable of developing him into a Premier League class player and selling him to a Stoke or a Newcastle or whatever for a few million, either way would be a success for Chilwell. I'm not saying it will happen because its paper talk, probably his agent stirring things to get a better contract.

Just making an observation, although I expect I could be way off the mark, but City seem to have a few prospects in the youth / development squads and we keep hearing how good they look etc but they never really seem to make the push into the first team and to be honest I don't think 20 is young these days (I know Chilwell is younger). There are downsides to keepng the youth in the development squad forever and never giving them a go in the first team. Other teams seem to manage to get the younguns out (Southampton, Everton, Liverpoor, Arsenal and even United and look at Grealish at Villa) so why don't we? I often hear people saying 'He's too young' or 'He's not ready' about players even into their 20's and I really don't get the though process? I suspect if Arsenal really are interested then Chilwell would be off, and I for one wouldnt blame him.

King? Schlupp? Moore? Mattock? Stearman?

King? Schlupp? Moore? Mattock? Stearman?

Sclupp has made the step up into a premier league first team regular. King kindof. Spose they all had pretty big roles at a lower level though, so yes, we have played a few younguns in the first team. Not quite the resounding success of Southampton/Arsenal et al though.

Wenger is a great manager and he is obviously impressed with us, so he is a bit of a worry if he is interested in any of our players. On Wenger's desk I imagine there's a list of our players with a price next to each of them! It must be how Man U fans feel when Nige comes in and robs all of their young players! :ph34r:

Archived