Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Ben Chilwell

That's harsh...

It was playing too many young players that seemed to cost us a few years back.

May, 2013, Watford vs Leicester

Schmeichel: 26

De Laet: 24

Morgan: 29

Keane: 20

Schlupp: 20

Knockaert: 21

James: 21 

King: 24

Dyer: 30

Nugent: 28

Wood: 21

Bench:

Logan: 27

Konchesky: 32

Vardy: 26

Kane: 19

Marshall: 22

Drinkwater: 23

That's not exactly an old team! Compared to now where our benched goal keeper is 42, Wes Morgan's defensive partners are 34 and 30 and our main man in midfield is 34 - I'd much rather have the team we have now! 

Pearson doesn't have an issue playing young players; it's just that when we do, we lack that bit of essential experience. Chilwell may be the next big thing but at the moment, he's not first-team quality. He's a ridiculously good dribbler and can move at a decent pace but as an actual left-back, I'd much rather have Schlupp, Fuchs or Konchesky. 

You are right as I did not make my point clear.

When he has played young players as above how many have come trough our youth system.

Getting youth in on loan and playing them is not helping our young players get experience.

You are right as I did not make my point clear.

When he has played young players as above how many have come trough our youth system.

Getting youth in on loan and playing them is not helping our young players get experience.

Brought through Gradel, took King from bit part player to regular, brought through Moore, gave Schlupp his move to wing/wing back where he's looked much improved... If they're good enough he'll play them, but it's the same as every other manager we've had this century: the youth don't tend to come through in big gluts because they aren't good enough: for the prospects like Stankevicus, Panitayiou, Blyth, see Billy Kee, Billy McKay, Ryan Beswick etc. 

That's harsh...

It was playing too many young players that seemed to cost us a few years back.

May, 2013, Watford vs Leicester

Schmeichel: 26

De Laet: 24

Morgan: 29

Keane: 20

Schlupp: 20

Knockaert: 21

James: 21

King: 24

Dyer: 30

Nugent: 28

Wood: 21

Bench:

Logan: 27

Konchesky: 32

Vardy: 26

Kane: 19

Marshall: 22

Drinkwater: 23

That's not exactly an old team! Compared to now where our benched goal keeper is 42, Wes Morgan's defensive partners are 34 and 30 and our main man in midfield is 34 - I'd much rather have the team we have now!

Pearson doesn't have an issue playing young players; it's just that when we do, we lack that bit of essential experience. Chilwell may be the next big thing but at the moment, he's not first-team quality. He's a ridiculously good dribbler and can move at a decent pace but as an actual left-back, I'd much rather have Schlupp, Fuchs or Konchesky.

Still looks weird seeing Kane on our bench. In the championship Spurs must have some good coaches

We should nip in for Gomez.....

Up the City.....

I love your posts whether I agree (or even read) with what you say.

Christ on a bike.

Ok let me rephrase.

If they offer anything over £1m, I think we should take it as I dont see him making it with us.

Just as a sidenote, every post on here about the future of any player is an opinion on what might happen as time travel isnt possible. Do people really need that to be disclosed every time?

By that logic, we might as well not have a youth academy / development squad if we're going to sell our best prospect off for 1m. 

Gives no hope to the rest of the Dev Squad who have finished 6th in their league this season, or the youth teams who have done incredibly well in cup competitions playing the best of youth talent from Europe. It's fine to have an opinion on whether or not the lad will make it, and to be honest most of the time our youth academy players don't make it above League 2 and if they're lucky they have a season in League 1. Chilwell excelled at LB for the U19s, and as a result was bumped up to the U21s where he's stood out as a consistent performer, those who have gone to the U21 games or seen them on streams would agree that Chilwell definitely has talent and attacking ability too. He needs a season on loan at a competitive club before we can asses whether or not he'll end up as a member of the LCFC 25 in the future. He seems to be one of the most composed and professional youth players in our organisation - being an established England U19s LB helps too. 

I'd rather chance it on him becoming something than settling for £1m - nothing in the grand scheme of things

But a club can also take £1m and spin it into just as good, if not better, business. In addition to their academy prospects, Southampton have also bought cheaply and sold high. FC Porto have essentially run their whole business model around buying young and/or undervalued players at knock-down prices, then flipping them for massive profits.

But a club can also take £1m and spin it into just as good, if not better, business. In addition to their academy prospects, Southampton have also bought cheaply and sold high. FC Porto have essentially run their whole business model around buying young and/or undervalued players at knock-down prices, then flipping them for massive profits.

That's all well and good IF we'd make a 'massive profit' on him. £1m is - rightly or wrongly - next to nothing nowadays, particularly with the TV deal and our owner's deep pockets. There is absolutely no need to sell whatsoever. If he lives up to even half of the hype about him, he'll be worth far more than that in a few years time.

6/12 months on loan at a strong championship side, followed by a similar time in and amongst the first team squad (without the pressure of being the first choice left back, unless he earns it) and then he should be in a position to make the step up, if he's capable.

That's all well and good IF we'd make a 'massive profit' on him. £1m is - rightly or wrongly - next to nothing nowadays, particularly with the TV deal and our owner's deep pockets. There is absolutely no need to sell whatsoever. If he lives up to even half of the hype about him, he'll be worth far more than that in a few years time.

6/12 months on loan at a strong championship side, followed by a similar time in and amongst the first team squad (without the pressure of being the first choice left back, unless he earns it) and then he should be in a position to make the step up, if he's capable.

Completely agree with this post other than I think he should be loaned out to a league one side as a 2nd choice left back fighting for his place whole new experiacne for him. Then following season after that send him on loan to a league two side where he is Guranteed first team football & take it from there. This kid will need experiacne he's only just 18 so there is no need to rush him into anything!

By that logic, we might as well not have a youth academy / development squad if we're going to sell our best prospect off for 1m.

Gives no hope to the rest of the Dev Squad who have finished 6th in their league this season, or the youth teams who have done incredibly well in cup competitions playing the best of youth talent from Europe. It's fine to have an opinion on whether or not the lad will make it, and to be honest most of the time our youth academy players don't make it above League 2 and if they're lucky they have a season in League 1. Chilwell excelled at LB for the U19s, and as a result was bumped up to the U21s where he's stood out as a consistent performer, those who have gone to the U21 games or seen them on streams would agree that Chilwell definitely has talent and attacking ability too. He needs a season on loan at a competitive club before we can asses whether or not he'll end up as a member of the LCFC 25 in the future. He seems to be one of the most composed and professional youth players in our organisation - being an established England U19s LB helps too.

How can you apply what I say about Chillwell to the entire youth set up?

I dont think he will make it with us so I think selling wouldnt be the worst thing. If I watched him or any other youth player (as I did Heskey years ago) and thought 'wow, this kid can go far' I wouldnt want to sell.

You needn't get pissy because someone doesnt rate a youth prospect.

Keep Ben as he will definately be a future star and I've seen it as 'Time Travel' is possible, I've been to the year 3000, not much has changed but we love under water, oh and Freddo's are 30 feckin quid....

Up the City......

Keep Ben as he will definately be a future star as 'Time Travel' is possible, I've been to the year 3000 and Freddo's are 30 feckin quid....

Up the City......

I'm more amazed that it took to the year 3000 for Freddo's to reach £30 than you discovering time travel.

I'm more amazed that it took to the year 3000 for Freddo's to reach £30 than you discovering time travel.

Well I've been to the year 3000. Not much has changed except we live underwater. Also Freddos are £29.95

No wonder Rudkin and Pearson don't get on, helps develop one of the best talents in England and we've got 3 left backs ahead of him preventing any sniff of action. Now we could end up losing him, nevermind least we've got old Konch signed up for another year.

Even his useless son has made a first team appearance.

No wonder Rudkin and Pearson don't get on, helps develop one of the best talents in England and we've got 3 left backs ahead of him preventing any sniff of action. Now we could end up losing him, nevermind least we've got old Konch signed up for another year.

Even his useless son has made a first team appearance.

Bit of a bold statement saying that he's never played a competitive first team match....

Archived