Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Ben Chilwell

Most promising academy prospects seem meh but Chilwell seems a bit different

Is he Big? IMO the main problem when you see a U21 player stepping into the first team is the size difference, a lot of them can be lightweight

Is he Big? IMO the main problem when you see a U21 player stepping into the first team is the size difference, a lot of them can be lightweight

Not particularly, he's quick and a good dribbler, causes problems as an attacking fullback.

Our u21 side are renowned for being one of the more physical sides so I don't think that's the problem, it's more down to not being good enough.

No wonder Rudkin and Pearson don't get on, helps develop one of the best talents in England and we've got 3 left backs ahead of him preventing any sniff of action. Now we could end up losing him, nevermind least we've got old Konch signed up for another year.

Even his useless son has made a first team appearance.

mr-sad.jpg

No wonder Rudkin and Pearson don't get on, helps develop one of the best talents in England and we've got 3 left backs ahead of him preventing any sniff of action. Now we could end up losing him, nevermind least we've got old Konch signed up for another year.

Who says Rudkin and Pearson don't get on ?

Think it would be fair to say our 21's and first team play a lot more direct than the Academy boys are used to but they just have to adapt

Who says Rudkin and Pearson don't get on ?

Think it would be fair to say our 21's and first team play a lot more direct than the Academy boys are used to but they just have to adapt

Some bloke on another thread who heard from a bloke that some blokes who were drinking with John Rudkin when we were bottom of the league and Pearson was nearly sacked heard him say that all of our players except Schlupp were rubbish and that he wanted Pearson's job when he was sacked.....

Some bloke on another thread who heard from a bloke that some blokes who were drinking with John Rudkin when we were bottom of the league and Pearson was nearly sacked heard him say that all of our players except Schlupp were rubbish and that he wanted Pearson's job when he was sacked.....

I thought it was the brother-in-law of the bloke.

How can you apply what I say about Chillwell to the entire youth set up?

I dont think he will make it with us so I think selling wouldnt be the worst thing. If I watched him or any other youth player (as I did Heskey years ago) and thought 'wow, this kid can go far' I wouldnt want to sell.

You needn't get pissy because someone doesnt rate a youth prospect.

I'm heavily against selling off your assets when you don't need to. 

If he's good enough he will play, we were never going to blood younsters last season in a struggle team!

As well as providing players for the first, there nothing wrong with a acadmay earning it keep by developing players to sell on!

Don't worry, John. I'm sure big Nige appreciates the work you do....

• 1 month later...

Leicester City defender Ben Chilwell will be 'fantastic player' says Claudio Ranieri

By Leicester Mercury  |  Posted: July 27, 2015

By James Sharpe

10594504-large.jpg

Ben Chilwell against Lincoln last week

Comments (0)

Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri believes young full-back Ben Chilwell will be a "fantastic player" for the club.

The England under-19 left-back has impressed during City's pre-season campaign, after being included in the first-team's training camp in Austria.

The 18-year-old played 45 minutes in the 3-1 victory at Lincoln last week before featuring for 60 minutes in the 1-1 draw at Mansfield on Saturday.

Chilwell will provide competition for new signing Christian Fuchs and Paul Konchesky, who is currently side-lined with injury.

• Ranieri, who has also given game-time to Jack Barmby and made Tom Lawrence captain for the trip to Mansfield, believes Chilwell has a bright future at the club.

"He is a very, very good player and he will be a fantastic player for Leicester City," said Ranieri, who launched the careers of Gianfranco Zola and John Terry during his tenures as manager of Napoli and Chelsea.

"It is very important to give a chance to all the youth players because they are the future.

"It is important to have a very good blend of experienced players and young players.

"Of course, when the season starts it is more important to have the experienced players.

"I think it was right to give Lawrence the armband. He is a young player, with good experience."

Chilwell has been backed by team-mate Andy King to have an impact for City this season.

"If you speak to him, he will probably say that all the lads have been brilliant with him from when he came away to Austria," said King.

"The boys can see he has got bundles of ability and a real good chance of getting involved this season."

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-defender-Ben-Chilwell-fantastic/story-27492877-detail/story.html#ixzz3h6azzdxM 
Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

Leicester City defender Ben Chilwell will be 'fantastic player' says Claudio Ranieri

By Leicester Mercury  |  Posted: July 27, 2015

By James Sharpe

10594504-large.jpg

Ben Chilwell against Lincoln last week

Comments (0)

Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri believes young full-back Ben Chilwell will be a "fantastic player" for the club.

The England under-19 left-back has impressed during City's pre-season campaign, after being included in the first-team's training camp in Austria.

The 18-year-old played 45 minutes in the 3-1 victory at Lincoln last week before featuring for 60 minutes in the 1-1 draw at Mansfield on Saturday.

Chilwell will provide competition for new signing Christian Fuchs and Paul Konchesky, who is currently side-lined with injury.

• Ranieri, who has also given game-time to Jack Barmby and made Tom Lawrence captain for the trip to Mansfield, believes Chilwell has a bright future at the club.

"He is a very, very good player and he will be a fantastic player for Leicester City," said Ranieri, who launched the careers of Gianfranco Zola and John Terry during his tenures as manager of Napoli and Chelsea.

"It is very important to give a chance to all the youth players because they are the future.

"It is important to have a very good blend of experienced players and young players.

"Of course, when the season starts it is more important to have the experienced players.

"I think it was right to give Lawrence the armband. He is a young player, with good experience."

Chilwell has been backed by team-mate Andy King to have an impact for City this season.

"If you speak to him, he will probably say that all the lads have been brilliant with him from when he came away to Austria," said King.

"The boys can see he has got bundles of ability and a real good chance of getting involved this season."

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-defender-Ben-Chilwell-fantastic/story-27492877-detail/story.html#ixzz3h6azzdxM 

Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

Schlupp?

Been playing as part of a front three whenever he has come on in pre season

He hasn't though, he's been playing as a wingback in the same system we ended the season with. I'm guessing it's just the Mercury being clueless, because that would suggest that we're playing a back 4, which would contradict what Ranieri's already said and has been playing, and there's no suggestion in those quotes that he's competing with those two players rather than Fuchs and Schlupp either.

Chilwell played in the back 3 against Mansfield did he not? 

Oh yeah, think he did for both of them. More just saying that we're playing a back three so if he's going the left back route and given his talent in attack, he'd be competing with Fuchs and Schlupp you'd imagine.

This is a matter of risk... Arsenal, Chelsea United, City play an 18 year old it's good publicity and they have the quality to carry them if it goes tits up. If we let a 18 year old play in a game and he costs us 3 points we could be getting relegated.

However, we played Konchesky for the majority of last season when we have this type of talent at the club... Yet Pearson didn't give him a sniff!

It seems Ranieri likes what he sees from this lad and those who saw him play last season will agree he looks the brightest prospect from our youth players.

With CR already hinting that he will look to integrate youngsters into the first team squad could we see young Ben starting against Sunderland? Would most of us be happy with that?

Sorry mods I did search for this thread but it was in the transfer section.

Yeah as centre back I'd be a bit concerned too. Saw him play quite a bit last season for the u21's at left back and he looked boss. With the addition of Fuchs and Jeff looking decent in the prem it's going to be tough but maybe not completely out of the question

Archived