Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Music streaming.

Not a thread for the music purists on here but with Apple entering the market, Spotify already being the established force, and then other smaller services such as Tidal and Google Play, what is the peoples preference?

Never had a subscription to any of them but I may be tempted by Apples new service somewhere down the line.

i thoroughly enjoy spotify tbh. 

find someone with a student card and it's £4.99 a month and you can stream it on 4 (i think) devices, as well as being able to set unlimited amounts of albums/playlists to be available offline on your devices, so you don't need to use up your data etc and you can listen to it on things like planes or when you go abroad which is handy. 

main downside being that some artists are against it for different reason so pull their songs, and i've noticed from time to time that some albums seem to take a few days to actually get onto it compared to their release date. not sure if that's meant to happen or just sometimes an error. hardly the end of the world tbf, you can stream it elsewhere for a first listen then save it on spotify when it's available. 

i'd probably be quite lost musically if i didn't have spotify these days. 

i thoroughly enjoy spotify tbh. 

find someone with a student card and it's £4.99 a month and you can stream it on 4 (i think) devices, as well as being able to set unlimited amounts of albums/playlists to be available offline on your devices, so you don't need to use up your data etc and you can listen to it on things like planes or when you go abroad which is handy. 

main downside being that some artists are against it for different reason so pull their songs, and i've noticed from time to time that some albums seem to take a few days to actually get onto it compared to their release date. not sure if that's meant to happen or just sometimes an error. hardly the end of the world tbf, you can stream it elsewhere for a first listen then save it on spotify when it's available. 

i'd probably be quite lost musically if i didn't have spotify these days. 

Same here. I pay the full £9.99 a month, considering I have it on most of the day at work and on weekends I'm probably listening to it 200-250 hours a month. Really handy for building up playlists for festivals. I can type in pretty much any artist at leeds festival and have their songs to listen to.

Same here. I pay the full £9.99 a month, considering I have it on most of the day at work and on weekends I'm probably listening to it 200-250 hours a month. Really handy for building up playlists for festivals. I can type in pretty much any artist at leeds festival and have their songs to listen to.

yeah i used it as an "in" when i started my new job, too. they used to listen to heart radio and occasionally spotify but then everyone would complain cos they had the adverts, so i saved the day and used work as my fourth device :D 

so like you i have it at home, i have it in work, i have it in the car and then i have it when i go away. got more songs available offline on my phone then i ever had on my old ipods etc. i've got a suggestions playlist too for when you go out with a mate or whatever and someone says "you heard the new ......", can search it and bang it in a playlist for the way home haha. so easy. 

i assume with apple getting involved the game will be upped even more. which can only be a good thing. 

• 3 weeks later...

How?

Not had a look yet

The interface is superb as expected being an Apple product. The integration with the music you currently have is very clean. Beats 1 Radio is a great concept and will only get better, and Connect will over time really improve as artists use it more and more. Never used music streaming before as I never got on with Spotify but this could change that.

Price wise after the 3 month free trial it's 9.99 a month which is pretty the same as Spotify I think, and then there's a family and a large for 15quid that allows 6 different people to use the same account.

• 1 month later...

Weird question but I'm useless with technology, I know enough, I know how to use things that's as far as it goes.

Does listening to music on your phone through Apple Music take up or use memory?

Since I've been using it I've had messages popping up saying low memory, and now I seem to have hardly any/if any memory on my phone left.

I've not downloaded any more apps (in fact I've deleted some) the same goes for music, I haven't added any, I've actually deleted music off my phone yet memory is getting less and less.

Cheers for any help.

Weird question but I'm useless with technology, I know enough, I know how to use things that's as far as it goes.

Does listening to music on your phone through Apple Music take up or use memory?

Since I've been using it I've had messages popping up saying low memory, and now I seem to have hardly any/if any memory on my phone left.

I've not downloaded any more apps (in fact I've deleted some) the same goes for music, I haven't added any, I've actually deleted music off my phone yet memory is getting less and less.

Cheers for any help.

If you set songs and albums to be available offline then it will download them and take up memory

I'm well into my second month with Apple Music and after initially being very impressed with it, it is now rarely used (just as I feared)

I think for people who really want to find new stuff, it is fantastic value but I just don't have the time. The only real time I get to listen to music is when I'm driving or on the train somewhere and Apple Music doesn't work unless you're connected to wifi (unless you do what the poster above says) but that takes away the exploring element. Therefore I still end up taking my old Ipod with me.

I sometimes get to listen to it when playing my playstation but I'm usually up against a time limit (usually before the missus gets back and puts Nashville on or some other rubbish) so I haven't got time to scroll through its vast library which is a real shame so I also play it safe.

Archived