Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Expand the stadium? The poll

1,304 members have voted

1. 1. Expand the stadium?

• Yes, asap!
    • Maybe when we're established top flight. (Another 2 years+ survival)
    • Not fussed.
    • No.

Just to be awkward can you define established.

as for me i can see the benefits for the club and for those missing out but am personally not fussed.

Just to be awkward can you define established.

as for me i can see the benefits for the club and for those missing out but am personally not fussed.

Fixed it, I think another 2 full seasons in the top flight would be what you'd tend to call "established"

Whats the problem with an expansion?  It would improve attendances whilst in the Prem and that can only be a good thing.  More empty seats if we go down again but so what? 25,000 if we go down again in a 32K stadium or 42K stadium makes no difference.  The situation we had last season was probably thousands of people wanting to go who couldn't. Thats going to be replicated again this season without question.  So the club is effectively losing money by not doing it.

Plus as mentioned, if we've got the owners right now who are willing to back it, then it puts our attendance at above 40K for the duration of our stay at the KP.  Which could be another 50 years or more.  It's not coming out of our pockets is it and it can only benefit us in the long run.

The issue now is its too expensive to buy tickets on a match to match basis which is making season tickets the only realistic way to go to keep the cost down (for those that want to go more often).  I'd love a season ticket, but stood zero chance of getting one.  And the problem for that is stadium size. 

Fixed it, I think another 2 full seasons in the top flight would be what you'd tend to call "established"

Ha! ok I wasn't suggesting you should change it but it is very subjective and nigh on impossible to achieve.

Even your 2 seasons is slightly misleading because it could mean start planning it now because it'll take two seasons to set up and build and we've already done one or do you mean don't think about it until we've done 2 seasons in which case it'll be more like 4 seasons. either way we could get relegated as the building is progressing just like we did with the current stadium.

But hey I'm being ultra pedantic now. ;)

Ha! ok I wasn't suggesting you should change it but it is very subjective and nigh on impossible to achieve.

Even your 2 seasons is slightly misleading because it could mean start planning it now because it'll take two seasons to set up and build and we've already done one or do you mean don't think about it until we've done 2 seasons in which case it'll be more like 4 seasons. either way we could get relegated as the building is progressing just like we did with the current stadium.

But hey I'm being ultra pedantic now. ;)

...Basically "not yet"!

we have struggled to sell out a few home games this season, for me it should be kept at the capacity it already is. Last thing we want is for there to be 5k empty seats a game.

What like last season and the season before that and the season before that one? Its better to have 37,000 fans and 5,000 empty seats then 27,000 fans and 5,000 empty seats. The only reason every game hasn't sold out is because nobody wants to go on their own and all that is available is single seats.

The earliest we'll do any work is next summer. Which is a perfect time, given the slightly longer off-season due to the Euros.

If we go down next season, then maybe postpone the plans, but otherwise the sooner we expand the better.

I'd like to see a minimum 5k increase, with a further 5k added later on, though I expect for financial reasons it'd be better to do it all at once.

Expand.

In an ideal world I'd build a new stadium that held 60,000.

We need to cater for our best possible attendance in the ten percentile range.

If more seats were readily available then more people will come and get the bug.

We need to let the generation of Leicester fans have the opportunity to watch their team with their parents rather than the situation now which just suits the already capped 23,000 ST holders.

Stand still and fall behind but build and they will come.

Just get on with the stadium expansion. We need to have the biggest ground in the region. Now is the time to act.

Couldn't care less if crowds get lower, due to form or League position.

We will be ready with a bigger ground the next time the good times roll by.

It is essential that Leicester city retain their status as the biggest team in the East Midlands.

Add a few hundred extra seats on top of 42,000 and we can outdo Villa. Biggest in the Midlands.

I just look to Villa park, they have a much bigger catchment than us, yet have struggled to fill it all season and it has been drab when we've been there this season. 

Or Sunderland which has half the catchment area we have, drab football but still averaged 43,000 last season.

The earliest we'll do any work is next summer. Which is a perfect time, given the slightly longer off-season due to the Euros.

If we go down next season, then maybe postpone the plans, but otherwise the sooner we expand the better.

I'd like to see a minimum 5k increase, with a further 5k added later on, though I expect for financial reasons it'd be better to do it all at once.

No doubt it would be better to do it all at one but they should plan to build 10,000 next season and postpone it if we were relegated.

I just look to Villa park, they have a much bigger catchment than us, yet have struggled to fill it all season and it has been drab when we've been there this season.

Villa have Birmingham City, wolves and West Brom on their door step and play shot football and have done for a while.

Call me lazy but I so can't be arsed I've just copied and pasted my previous post below

In our long history, we have had long periods of success but have generally sat between the top and 2nd divisions. Widely known as a yoyo club. Middle of the road if you like. For the first time in our history, we have the backing of very wealthy owners who have a vision to move our club away from being middle of the road to establishing itself as one of the biggest clubs in the uk. It appears, they have a sensible plan to achieve this over a period of time to limit risk but there will always be a level of risk.

It's time, we as fans, open up our minds, buy into this and move away from the mentality we have been brought up with and accept that we can become one of the biggest , established clubs in the uk, living without fear of relegation but instead, with aspirations of europe our goal on a season by season basis and disappointment at finishing 11th. 

If you don't think big, you don't ever stop becoming what you've always been. Stadium expansion and quick but considered growth is key to taking this club away from being a 'Norwich, a Forest, a Derby, a West Brom or a Southampton to becoming an Everton or even a spurs etc.

We need to stop thinking in terms of what we have always been and get worried about having a ground that we can't fill, or debts we may get stuck with and embrace the vision our owners have which is to take our club to the next level, to the level where our shirts are on sale in sports direct, our badge is on kids lunchboxes in shops outside Leicester and fake kits are on sale at the bazaars in Turkey!

The older of us remember Man C and Chelsea as much smaller clubs - look at them now they have been taken over my wealthy people with Vision who aim for the stars!

The Thais have a business growth plan for our club, they have a proven track record in building brands, have invested soundly and bravely and have showed no sign of walking away in the few years they have been here despite things not always going to plan.

Also -Fair plays regs - More revenue = greater spending ability on new players. The extension cost is outside of the fair play criteria so simply put, every extra penny in income it generates gives us a penny extra potential to sign better players.

We finished top 10 for 4 years in the O'Neill era. Were we established? Obviously not! To establish, we need better players and top management over time. To keep / attract these managers / players, we need to convince them we are an attractive proposition. We need to be percieved as BIG, as having a chance at titles or trophies otherwise we will win some and lose some against the Swansea's Southamptons Stokes and Broms. We will never be established, it could all go tits up at any time. 

ok so far

1] Training facilities top notch - TICK

2] Stadium beats our rivals X

3] Revenue enables us to purchase the top players and stay within fair play regs X

sort 2 and number 3 is more within our reach!

embrace it!! Don't fight it!

Archived