Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Expand the stadium? The poll

1,304 members have voted

1. 1. Expand the stadium?

• Yes, asap!
    • Maybe when we're established top flight. (Another 2 years+ survival)
    • Not fussed.
    • No.

Guest CityFan 06

I'm considering doing a poll on this but how much do you think we need to expand to, and what would we realistically sell each home game? I'm going to say I'd like an 45k expansion with the East Stand and Kop as additional tiers, I reckon we would sell 38-40k on a regular basis. A lot of it is determined by success on the pitch, last season we would of sold 42k regularly no problem, I'd have thought.

Would anyone want me to do a poll asking the two above questions? For me it'd be interesting to see who wants what, as our first expansion on the site of Filbert Way.

21 minutes ago, LeiFosse 06 said:

I'm considering doing a poll on this but how much do you think we need to expand to, and what would we realistically sell each home game? I'm going to say I'd like an 45k expansion with the East Stand and Kop as additional tiers, I reckon we would sell 38-40k on a regular basis. A lot of it is determined by success on the pitch, last season we would of sold 42k regularly no problem, I'd have thought.

Would anyone want me to do a poll asking the two above questions? For me it'd be interesting to see who wants what, as our first expansion on the site of Filbert Way.

I trust the owners to make the right decision on this, the existing stadium is a bit flat pack and if they want to finance a new build within the City or on the existing site i'm behind them. I just think sticking another tier on a already badly built stadium might be a bit short cited.

Guest CityFan 06
12 minutes ago, Quorndon_Fox said:

I trust the owners to make the right decision on this, the existing stadium is a bit flat pack and if they want to finance a new build within the City or on the existing site i'm behind them. I just think sticking another tier on a already badly built stadium might be a bit short cited.

I'm not going to lie I'd prefer to have a more unique look to our ground, it's not 'bad' by any means, and it's a very tidy English stadium. I'm thinking though with development (if possible) it would look more original to us. 

I'm for staying myself, as we have already made major history inside the stadium within 14 years. The location is ideal, I'd worry, if we were to move, as to where our new stadium would be postioned.  

17 hours ago, LeiFosse 06 said:

I'm not going to lie I'd prefer to have a more unique look to our ground, it's not 'bad' by any means, and it's a very tidy English stadium. I'm thinking though with development (if possible) it would look more original to us. 

I'm for staying myself, as we have already made major history inside the stadium within 14 years. The location is ideal, I'd worry, if we were to move, as to where our new stadium would be postioned.  

Build the new ground on Viccy park.

On 29 July 2016 at 17:08, LeiFosse 06 said:

Yep stay where we are and expand please

only sensible option really 

On 29/07/2016 at 16:53, Quorndon_Fox said:

Is this a pun I don't get?

I suppose population increase is another number to factor in:

"The population density of Leicester is 4,494 for every square mile. In the 2011 evaluation, the number of inhabitants in the Leicester unitary power was 329,839, an increment of 11.8% contrasted with the United Kingdom Census 2001 figure of 279,921. The more extensive Leicester Urban area, demonstrated an expected population of 509,000."

And the fickle Man United supporters may decide to shorten their Journey up from London and decide to stop off at a more recent Premier League Winner, it's been a while since they won it. :P

52 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Community Shield tickets all sold out

further proof we need to expand (as if any was needed) 

wasn't that 27,000 seats for a one off game at Wembley?

not that i'm disagreeing.. 

Just now, sdb said:

wasn't that 27,000 seats for a one off game at Wembley?

not that i'm disagreeing.. 

Know what you are saying buddy but it's still good really, I didn't get a sniff of a ticket and really it's a fairly meaningless game that is only an indication of how pre season is going in reality

19 hours ago, norwichfox said:

I suppose population increase is another number to factor in:

"The population density of Leicester is 4,494 for every square mile. In the 2011 evaluation, the number of inhabitants in the Leicester unitary power was 329,839, an increment of 11.8% contrasted with the United Kingdom Census 2001 figure of 279,921. The more extensive Leicester Urban area, demonstrated an expected population of 509,000."

And the fickle Man United supporters may decide to shorten their Journey up from London and decide to stop off at a more recent Premier League Winner, it's been a while since they won it. :P

lol

think Man U might have a major upturn this season somehow but hey ho

anyway Up the Foxes and let's get this stadium expanded

10 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Our charity shield allocation is a couple of thousands less than we get at home every week, and we only just sold it out! 

20 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Know what you are saying buddy but it's still good really, I didn't get a sniff of a ticket and really it's a fairly meaningless game that is only an indication of how pre season is going in reality

As I've already replied to somebody with the same thoughts I thought I would quote my own reply to that person 

Guest CityFan 06

I was briefly reading articles on the new Ashton Gate expansion, and there was an excellent quote within there which I for one, can really relate to. It's spot on IMO.

'Build it with soul, and they will come.'

I think although most of the fanbase want this expansion, it's important to remember within all the discussion, that this expansion needs to have soul to it. Uniqueness could be another word for it.

'Build it with soul, and they will come'.

Whatt utter b0llocks, for a start half of that quote is taken from a film.

Have you been to Ashton Gate?

If not I'll let you know, it was a shite hole, the place needed rebuilding but while they were kicking around the third tier I guess it was a low priority.

Oh, a bit of trivia for you, the blocks of flats behind the ground are where they filmed 'only fools and horses', most of the market scenes were done locally too.

8 hours ago, promised land said:

'Build it with soul, and they will come'.

Whatt utter b0llocks, for a start half of that quote is taken from a film.

Have you been to Ashton Gate?

If not I'll let you know, it was a shite hole, the place needed rebuilding but while they were kicking around the third tier I guess it was a low priority.

Oh, a bit of trivia for you, the blocks of flats behind the ground are where they filmed 'only fools and horses', most of the market scenes were done locally too.

In all fairness though they have done a very nice job with the ground. Will kind of miss the hideous away end though.

Oh re Only Fools most of the external scenes (and some of the internal) were filmed in Bristol. Batman and Robin, outside of Nags Head, scene where Dell nonchalantly falls through the empty bar space etc. Used to love that show. 

Great to play at Wembley but being sat much further back from the pitch did make me feel more detached from team. Makes me more greatful for our stadium and being almost right on top of the action. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Any news on potential stadium expansion?

i heard a nasty rumour that we won't expand whilst European games are at the KP? Something to do with rules and regs etc, there again my source is unreliable and untested so probably mega bollox 

Sean from enderby?

On 8 August 2016 at 10:55, Larry_LCFC said:

Great to play at Wembley but being sat much further back from the pitch did make me feel more detached from team. Makes me more greatful for our stadium and being almost right on top of the action. 

Imagine adding a few thousand to an already great atmosphere?

expanding the stadium is the only way forward

1 hour ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Imagine adding a few thousand to an already great atmosphere?

expanding the stadium is the only way forward

Adding seats doesn't necessarily mean better atmosphere, look at Old Trafford. The expansion needs to be sensible and some proper work put into the acoustic design to keep the sound in. Most importantly the people who fill the seats need to be as up for it as everyone else! :scarf:

Guest CityFan 06

Double decker Kop would be outstanding. I hope in this supposed expansion we expand the Kop and East Stand equally to have double tiers.

We've "expanded" our attendance by about 10k since the Championship days and our atmosphere is as good as its ever been.

Adding another tier or two won't harm us at all to take our attendance to 40k. 

We should do it but I don't know how the East stand will cope! Almost forgot how rickety it gets when the fans stat bouncing. Perhaps a tier on each end?

Archived