Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Expand the stadium? The poll

1,304 members have voted

1. 1. Expand the stadium?

• Yes, asap!
    • Maybe when we're established top flight. (Another 2 years+ survival)
    • Not fussed.
    • No.

• 2 weeks later...

If this does not happen for the first time in 30+ years I fear if we are doing well I may never get to see a single game next season.

I played football myself at good level for a long time, moved away for a year, work, marriage, death of the named ST holder and the birth of my son who takes up a lot of time as he is autistic meant It was unrealistic to hold a ST. Please give me one opportunity next season.

Even when I threw away my ST away in anger when we were demoted to Div1 I still went to three home games. I always felt if you don't pay your money, you can't complain.

Surely there are thousands like me ? Perhaps even some of you?

If this does not happen for the first time in 30+ years I fear if we are doing well I may never get to see a single game next season.

I played football myself at good level for a long time, moved away for a year, work, marriage, death of the named ST holder and the birth of my son who takes up a lot of time as he is autistic meant It was unrealistic to hold a ST. Please give me one opportunity next season.

Even when I threw away my ST away in anger when we were demoted to Div1 I still went to three home games. I always felt if you don't pay your money, you can't complain.

Only went to three home games because we were in Div 1 ?? :rolleyes:

Won't be a ground expansion ready for next season. Perhaps season after.

If this does not happen for the first time in 30+ years I fear if we are doing well I may never get to see a single game next season.

I played football myself at good level for a long time, moved away for a year, work, marriage, death of the named ST holder and the birth of my son who takes up a lot of time as he is autistic meant It was unrealistic to hold a ST. Please give me one opportunity next season.

Even when I threw away my ST away in anger when we were demoted to Div1 I still went to three home games. I always felt if you don't pay your money, you can't complain.

I only managed to get to see 1 game last season and 1 game the season before but strangely in our championship winning season I went to 10/12 or so

I do a 24/7 shift job which means I automatically can't get to half to two thirds of games and although I have a membership to try and get to the other games available it is really difficult re tickets and that's if I can actually afford a ticket that week

Getting a bit fed up of not having much chance when I've been going since 1979/80 season with a mixture of season tickets and membership cards in all but a couple of seasons since

We need to expand desperately IMHO

The demand is there

My Mrs gave her season ticket up when we started a family, now the youngest is old enough she wants to get a season ticket again with the kids, she had two family memberships this season as season tickets sold out and it looks like it will be a struggle for next season too.

Only went to three home games because we were in Div 1 ?? :rolleyes:

Won't be a ground expansion ready for next season. Perhaps season after.[/quote

Haha, yeah I had bit of a strop. Also went to 3 away games.

Strange how everyone I talk to now was a season ticket holder in Div 1 ??

The point is many established fans of many years won't be able to watch.

The price of success I guess. Sigh.

Won't be a ground expansion ready for next season. Perhaps season after.

Will depend on the scale of the expansion.

Liverpool's new stand is taking 18 months in build time alone (piling started in Feb '15, will open Aug this year) but they are redeveloping their whole main stand, including some re-profiling of the existing lower tier. Plus it's in a heavily residential area.

Cardiff's took a year (they announced plans in Aug '13, build started Oct '13 and was ready for Aug '14) but was literally bolting on a second tier. They only added 5,000 seats - I'd imagine we'd be looking at a larger number than that?

I would imagine any extension  will be high quality that will maximise capacity including executive boxes and business expansion including conference facilities. I'd  be amazed if it was some half arsed  Cardiff like bolt on.

These guys don't do yhings by half amd seem to want to go the whole mile.

Double edged sword really, the positive is extra capacity and increased revenue eventually, the down side is potentially reduced capacity (if we were to do it now) in the most successful period in our history.

What impact if any could it have on season ticket holders if the east stand was closed or partly closed for 12 months.

I would imagine any extension will be high quality that will maximise capacity including executive boxes and business expansion including conference facilities. I'd be amazed if it was some half arsed Cardiff like bolt on.

They are very good owners and I trust them to make a decent job of it when the expansion does finally get sorted

I would imagine any extension will be high quality that will maximise capacity including executive boxes and business expansion including conference facilities. I'd be amazed if it was some half arsed Cardiff like bolt on.

Yes everything up to now how been the best for the club, cardiffs add on looks awful, it will be far better than that.

Someone told me on Sunday that the club would like to add 15,000 seats which would included a large number of hospitallity areas and have already been in contact with the council. If they can't get the planning the club is considering relocating.

I would love to see the club add 10-15,000 to the capacity.  West Ham have just sold 50,000+ season tickets and have some of the cheapest tickets in the PL next year (£99 for children). If we did something similar I would get a ST for myself and 2 kids ... there may be others out there in a similar position?

Someone told me on Sunday that the club would like to add 15,000 seats which would included a large number of hospitallity areas and have already been in contact with the council. If they can't get the planning the club is considering relocating.

Really wouldn't like this, surely the KP is the only ground in the country where a team has won all three top division titles? 

Really wouldn't like this, surely the KP is the only ground in the country where a team has won all three top division titles? 

I'm inclined to agree.

The big reason for not moving out of any stadium is that you'll leave behind the history you've made.

We've been in the Walkers Bowl/Walkers Stadium/King Power Stadium for 14 years now and we've won 3 league titles and 4 promotions. Expansion should be number one priority in my eyes but if we can't get permission for it then I think moving is in the club's best interests.

Not really sure why a "large number of hospitality areas" should be a priority in any plans. Any expansion should be made with the intention of helping more "rank and file" (for want of a better phrase) supporters see games live, otherwise we face the very real threat of a generation of Leicester kids not being able to see their own team play in the flesh.

I'm inclined to agree.

The big reason for not moving out of any stadium is that you'll leave behind the history you've made.

We've been in the Walkers Bowl/Walkers Stadium/King Power Stadium for 14 years now and we've won 3 league titles and 4 promotions. Expansion should be number one priority in my eyes but if we can't get permission for it then I think moving is in the club's best interests.

Agreed, if it's a choice between staying at the KP at 32K or moving away, then I'd probably side with the latter, but only if the new site was in the city centre somewhere. A site on the edge of town would be terrible imo. 

This never registered with me but we must be, although man city were in the third tier but wasn't that before the Etihad move, plus they went up through the play offs, so it's got to be a fact.

Also I'd hate a move, all the STH you sit around and have done for years, to then all be apart in a new ground, no thank you.

As new grounds go, being 200 yards from our old one has allowed our fans to retain much of the same feeling on match days (same pubs, routine, travel arrangements etc). Any further move would surely ruin that as it would pretty much have to be some awful out of town site. No thanks.

This never registered with me but we must be, although man city were in the third tier but wasn't that before the Etihad move, plus they went up through the play offs, so it's got to be a fact.

Also I'd hate a move, all the STH you sit around and have done for years, to then all be apart in a new ground, no thank you.

Exactly, in the short time we've been here, a lot has bloody happened  lol 

- Best ever finish

- Worst ever finish

- 3 league titles

- Administration 

Given that there have been 14 year spells within our history when NOTHING has happened, I think the KP has a lot more character than a lot give it credit for. Plus the fact we've just got the place rocking, if we think it's hard making noise where we are currently, we'd have no chance in somewhere like the Emirates or the Olympic Stadium! 

A relocate has to be the latest of last resorts. 

Archived