Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Sky live fixtures...

Dunno but you'd think it'd have to be bloody soon, the season begins in 5 and half weeks!

For fans wanting to book away travel for the opening week (we're lucky as we've got an extra week) giving them just 5 weeks to arrange travel and/or accommodation is not good enough,

My mate is a Villa season ticket holder and can't book his train, hotel and time off work for Bournemouth because it's likely to be moved to the Sunday but cannot guarantee it

Obviously SKY/BT don't give a shit about that though

They're hoping to get them done by the end of this week by all accounts. If they haven't announced August and September's fixtures by the end of the week it's a shambles. I think every fan who travels away is on pause until these fixtures are announced.

Can vouch for that. It's pissing me off. Is there any reason they can't do it on the same day, or even during the time the actual fixtures are announced? Annoying.

Watch them go and move Bournemouth away to a Monday for us. Hit the jackpot on the fixture date to then have it taken away. That'd be SKY-like.

Can vouch for that. It's pissing me off. Is there any reason they can't do it on the same day, or even during the time the actual fixtures are announced? Annoying.

Watch them go and move Bournemouth away to a Monday for us. Hit the jackpot on the fixture date to then have it taken away. That'd be SKY-like.

Now Sky have to fanny around with BT it's worse than ever. There is a huge technical aspect of the TV rights, meaning Sky can "pass" on some rounds so BT have first pick. Of course with teams having maximum quotas in each package, maximum number of times shown, minimum number of times shown, this is why it gets complex and takes so long. The passing might be because it's a poor week of fixtures, but it might be to force BT to go with a game that will in the long term cost them a pick for another match because of these pack quotas.

Their negotations last year were difficult because of this, so if they do get them by the end of the week then it's probably an achievement.

Horrible though, it's likely Tottenham and Arsenal will be the most lilely games moved in the first two months for us, though the one actual away fixture I really care about at the moment, Norwich, won't be decided until August :rolleyes:

Archived