Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Thanks Nige

I ****ing love the guy. Shenanigans and all. Just a few days ago I was chatting with a Leeds fan at work and saying what a brilliant manager we have and that next season we would really be kicking on.

I'm absolutely gutted that he's been sacked. If reports of the way it happened are true then that's a disgraceful way to treat a modern legend.

once loved  - soon forgotten #fickle

No chance.  I'm more worried his LCFC team will become one of those great 'what if's of football, along with the likes of Arsenal keeping Cesc, VP, & Nasri at the peak of their power.

I'll never forget him. So many great moments from both his spells. Who could ever forget putting 5 goals past Man U, thrashing Derby (these blur into one a bit though, thrashed them too many times recently), Knocky vs Forest to get in the playoffs, putting 6 past Ipswich and Huddersfield, winning League One, winning the Championship.

So many great games, so many great performances, so many great goals and moments. Doing such a good job the first time, then, when everyone says you should never go back, coming in and surpassing his first spell, taking us back to the Prem, keeping us up against the odds. Putting pride and professionalism back into our team when he found it in a shambles. Giving us players we could like and get attached to, instead of a load of journeymen or wastrels wandering through.

And all the time, every time the naysayers tried to put him down, he'd prove them wrong again and again. Couldn't manage in the championship - wrong. Playoffs the best he could manage - wrong. Not good enough for the Prem - wrong. Can't handle big names - brings in Esteban Cambiasso.

The worst part of this is we'll never find the limit to what he could achieve, every year he's taken us higher than the previous season. I fully believe he was good enough to keep us up for a few seasons in the Prem. He could have won a cup, he's had several decent cup runs in the past, with a proper push, he could've won a League Cup or maybe an FA Cup, and matched the highest honours anyone has won with this club. He's an excellent manager, and hopefully he goes on to achieve plenty more in the game, he's certainly good enough.

Thanks for the memories Nigel, because they've been so many, and they've brought a lot of joy to a lot of people who didn't have anything to get excited about at the football for a dreadfully long time.

No chance.  I'm more worried his LCFC team will become one of those great 'what if's of football, along with the likes of Arsenal keeping Cesc, VP, & Nasri at the peak of their power.

ok - time for a perspective alert.  You are referring to a team that spent the majority of the previous season at the foot of the table.  I'm not diminishing the achievement of survival but in context we are not, nor were we four days ago, on the brink of becoming a great team.

ok - time for a perspective alert.  You are referring to a team that spent the majority of the previous season at the foot of the table.  I'm not diminishing the achievement of survival but in context we are not, nor were we four days ago, on the brink of becoming a great team.

Not what I mean.  If we now regress and slide backwards into obscurity I can imagine a lot of people would wonder what could have happened to LCFC the Premier League team if their quirky ostrich man hadn't got the sack.  Obviously this is all hypothetical, but to me it's a far larger concern than Pearson the club legend ever being forgotten which is absurd.

Yeah thanks Nig for lots of very good times and a fair few wtf moments.

Just a few days ago I was confident of pushing for top ten next season with the Nig at the helm but it's all gone teats up.

Hopefully we crack on in the manner we left off, but who knows.

As i'm only 16 he's the only stable or successful manager i've ever known. As I live in the north west i am surrounded by Liverpool and Man U fansso i'd like to thank you Nige for stopping me from being the only championship club supporter in the area

As i'm only 16 he's the only stable or successful manager i've ever known. As I live in the north west i am surrounded by Liverpool and Man U fansso i'd like to thank you Nige for stopping me from being the only championship club supporter in the area

Fair play young man....

Good post

I supported Nige when most wanted him gone.

I was saying we would stay up when most said we were gone.

I can only thank Nige and would love him back.

If he has gone supporting his lad after what he was part of (the racism bit was the icing on the cake for me) sorry Nige without comments them lads let our great club down and needed to go.

Thanks for everything Nige but if you think your son did nothing wrong and did not deserve the sack you are not the man I thought you was.

I supported Nige when most wanted him gone.

I was saying we would stay up when most said we were gone.

I can only thank Nige and would love him back.

If he has gone supporting his lad after what he was part of (the racism bit was the icing on the cake for me) sorry Nige without comments them lads let our great club down and needed to go.

Thanks for everything Nige but if you think your son did nothing wrong and did not deserve the sack you are not the man I thought you was.

The story of the Thai trip connection came from Pat Murphy, whom we all know to have some severe anti-Pearson issues, and I imagine the board are very happy to let it linger because their intention is obviously the same as Murphy's - to paint Pearson in a bad light. Of all the things in the world, what load of hogwash would City fans be willing to believe which simultaneously diminished their anger at the club and their support for Pearson? Well, the idea that Nigel personally supported a widely vilified son would be a good start. And, thanks to comments lifted from this forum which were reproduced across the press, they already knew that the fans loved their manager, but thoroughly detested his son.

But even if Pearson did object to the board's handling of the Thailand trip, it's unlikely he was ever of the view that James had been anything other than a complete prat. Far more likely he felt he was by-passed in the disciplinary process, or that there was a better way of handling their punishment, or even - bearing in mind this was a sacking, not a mutual parting - that the board in some way blamed him for the incident. I see no reason to assume that he was in some way making a martyr out of himself in the name of a son who could do no wrong.

To me Pearson was a record break won games that i fort was unwinnable, won games after games and i definitely fort wow we have a long term manager who obviously wanted to manage us after going once.

I fort we had somthing different from other teams we was fearless and breaking records. I remember tell my wife the MON era was "Foxes never quit" and NP era was "Fearless" and "record breaking" (not really a football fan but love the never die attude Leicester play & went on to love my lcfc :) ).

I wonder what the next manager era would be? Title winning foxes? Who knows only time will tell i guess.

Anyways I think he rightfully has earned himself and lcfc legend status along with the rest of them. So Thank you Mr Pearson for giving me that believe that to dream that some day my mighty foxes will go on to winning something and doing unbelievable things just sad you won't be here to enjoy them moment with us thank you and good luck :'(

Nigel Pearson. I have had many of the best Leicester times under his management. Not as intense as under MON though. (or Jock Wallace - but that is an age thing). But if he does sue my club I will think a bit less of him.

Always thought that he was one of the pro's, who thought the fans were an irritating distraction - but produced the best football I've seen from a City side including O'Neill and Bloomfield as well as some strange lows - Barnsley away. Yet the team always seemed to get better and produced a team that finally looked the part.

Last game against QPR may become a horrible high watermark - Cambiasso's goal, just knowing he was going to slot it away and the bow that followed - as good as it gets really

Moreover a team that somehow fitted with the supporters, imperfect, exciting, passionate.

Watching City dominate Arsenal at the Emirates but still losing - supporters full of pride but fearful for the seasons conclusion - Pearson spluttering inelegantly again in front of the cameras

Whoever replaces has some big white trainers to fill

I don't even think that saying thank you will ever come close to what I feel for what he has done. I never doubted that we would stay up and I think we would have gone from strength to strength by marginal gains and become a strong force to reckon with in the Premier League but I guess that'll never happen under him with us and the Thai's want it quick and now.

Thank you for the memories of this season especially Stoke away. Walking away from the ground I knew that we would stay up and that feeling never seemed to disapear even though the loss amongst lost amongst lost. The infuriating nature of Leicester City that we will lose 1-0 to WBA or won't put a fight when Hull come to town but to beat Manchester United 5-3 that will be with me 'til the grave. We could have beaten anyone that day. I could go on and on about last season but for me it's the season before that I'll always be thankful of. 4-1 vs Derby, beating them three times in one season is always nice. Yeovil in the rain, Blackpool in the sun, Bolton to win the league, I never thought I'd see the day of us winning a league title (one of merit that is). I'll never forget the Barnsley's mid-week and the fact that there is only one Stephen Dawson, the Millwall fan who I still laugh about today at the New Den. The lights might have gone out a couple of times that season but we're Leicester City and we play in the dark.

Thanks for everything Nigel, It's been one hell of a ride.

Archived