Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Next Leicester City Manager Odds

Lennon's name would not even be mentioned on this forum if he hadn't played for Leicester. It's utter lunacy. 

Bolton have won four games this year.

penfold

what has he ever actually achieved and has he ever stayed anywhere more than 1 year?

1 time European Cup winner

6 time Eredivisie champion

1 time FA Cup winner

Amongst others but those are his main achievements, with the most recent coming in 2009 with Chelsea.

Lennon's name would not even be mentioned on this forum if he hadn't played for Leicester. It's utter lunacy. 

Bolton have won four games this year.

yea I have already said that stop plagiarizing my work 

He certainly has had a great career, but would appointing an almost 70 year old show future planning. Can't imagine him doing more than 2 seasons. What I want is a manager who is going to develop us slowly and be here for the long haul, which looked like it was going to be Pearson until Tuesday afternoon.

If its this or Lennon then I don't care if he's here for just one year frankly.

And for those comparing Hiddink to Sven, when was Sven's last trophy won? 2000. When was the last time Hiddink won a trophy? 2009. And the time before that? 2006. He's hardly past it and would be a great short term appointment in my opinion. We haven't got time to carefully select a long term option and risk getting it wrong, lets play it safe and appoint somebody of Hiddink's calibre to establish ourselves or we risk ruining all the hard work of the past couple of years.

If its this or Lennon then I don't care if he's here for just one year frankly.

And for those comparing Hiddink to Sven, when was Sven's last trophy won? 2000. When was the last time Hiddink won a trophy? 2009. And the time before that? 2006. He's hardly past it and would be a great short term appointment in my opinion. We haven't got time to carefully select a long term option and risk getting it wrong, lets play it safe and appoint somebody of Hiddink's calibre to establish ourselves or we risk ruining all the hard work of the past couple of years.

Agreed. Maybe what's best for us at this point is just someone to keep us in the division until we can get a good up-and-coming young manager in with a long-term plan. Whether Hiddink is the ideal short-term plan, who knows? To be honest, I would worry it would be like having Sven all over again. I'd be concerned that he'd have to change too much too soon, but then I think that would apply to just about everyone.

That your mate at Bolton is unrealistic?

it's hardly that unrealistic. Bolton have potential to be successful again. It isn't that long since they were in the PREM and there are hardly a string of vacancies in the prem either right now or likely soon apart from possibly the bottom 3 - that would consider Pearson. His PR issues will put off a few clubs and he's not yet got the stock to be the next Liverpool manager or similar.

We know he is a very good manager, we know he is far better than portrayed but realistically his next move is a championship club with potential

Guest Cujek

Gus hiddink 792 game - 57.58 % win ratio

Sven 1000 games 51.9% win ratio

Pretty comparable statisticaly I guess.

Some others...

Sam allardyce 921 games 39.31%

Neil lennon 266 games 64.66%

Jurgen klopp 588 games 48.98%

And for a laugh

George graham 862 games 45.71%

In the know, Neil Lennon will be approached by Leicester in the next few days.

He is quoted today by BBC, as the favourite, but although a great player, would be my third or fourth choice.

He could prove himself more than capable however, if he were to come.

Archived