Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

The Thais have done enough for me to respect them

So the day after and I have cooled down somewhat... I have reflected a little bit. I know the things im mentioning will of been mentioned somewhat in other threads, i just wanted to centralize the positivity into one thread

The reality is, no matter what the speculation has been, no one really knows why Pearson was sacked. yet.

Have the Thais made some footballing mistakes in the past? Of course, but so did Pearson for some pretty big sections of last season. He learnt from them, and so maybe have the Thais.

What i'm getting at is, the Thais have done enough for us to suggest they really do care about what is best for the club. Even if their long term gain is their own financial well being, they are sensible enough to of learnt that they need to be deeply comitted to the football club to do that.

Wether its, at first (rather naively) throwing money at Sven, or paying off the debt, or even swallowing their pride and bringing back Pearson Or even just the simple gestures they have made for the fans.... i mean... which other club owners have done that?

So... Am i a pearson supporter? Definitely. I was devestated when he went. But i'm a Leicester supporter first and foremost. We were around before Pearson and we will be around after him. I'm also kind of a fan of the owners too and what they have done.

So im giving the owners the benefit of the doubt... and im trusting them! I'm not going to hate them even if i don't understand why Nigel has been sacked. I'm still quite emotional about it actually.

Come onTop And Vichai!!! lets make a great appointment  to keep this club on the crest of a wave!!!!   :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:

I still fully back the owners.

However if Cotterill, Redknapp or Dyche become our next manager im going to punch Vichai and Top square in the face

I'm angry at them, and they have lost a lot of my faith and goodwill.

That said, I can understand why they did it, given their culture, especially since they had given NP chances before.

If it was due to the damage to the KP brand then that's harder to take even if also understandable.

I'll back them but do feel like they are the ones responsible for ending a legacy in its infancy - doubt if LCFC will  finish any higher than 14th in Prem in the next 10 years

So the day after and I have cooled down somewhat... I have reflected a little bit. I know the things im mentioning will of been mentioned somewhat in other threads, i just wanted to centralize the positivity into one thread

The reality is, no matter what the speculation has been, no one really knows why Pearson was sacked. yet.

Have the Thais made some footballing mistakes in the past? Of course, but so did Pearson for some pretty big sections of last season. He learnt from them, and so maybe have the Thais.

What i'm getting at is, the Thais have done enough for us to suggest they really do care about what is best for the club. Even if their long term gain is their own financial well being, they are sensible enough to of learnt that they need to be deeply comitted to the football club to do that.

Wether its, at first (rather naively) throwing money at Sven, or paying off the debt, or even swallowing their pride and bringing back Pearson Or even just the simple gestures they have made for the fans.... i mean... which other club owners have done that?

So... Am i a pearson supporter? Definitely. I was devestated when he went. But i'm a Leicester supporter first and foremost. We were around before Pearson and we will be around after him. I'm also kind of a fan of the owners too and what they have done.

So im giving the owners the benefit of the doubt... and im trusting them! I'm not going to hate them even if i don't understand why Nigel has been sacked. I'm still quite emotional about it actually.

Come onTop And Vichai!!! lets make a great appointment to keep this club on the crest of a wave!!!! :scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf:

I agree with much of this. I too respect the owners. They want the best for the club and have put their money where their mouth is.

BUT...the question is do they know HOW to achieve the best? Sacking NP without a better successor already lined up, which seems to be the case, makes me really wonder

Our boys are still going to play for that shirt, that badge, and in our stadium in front of our fans. Of course I loved Nigel, as an American he is the type of manager I love seeing in any sport (we love that sort of thing). But if you need some reassurance go back and watch some of the goal celebrations from last season. Our team plays for LCFC, and yes NP did a great job with them, but I have to believe they will continue that next season.

We don't even know what happened. Ultimately, I am disappointed that our best manager in years has gone for reasons nothing to do with football, but there are situations where it is right for the club. I just wish we could get an explanation at least, but we can't.

After the first year they were here I thought they were very generous people but hopeless at making football related decisions.

Second year I thought they are still generous people and might just be starting to learn from their mistakes.

Last year I was convinced they are generous people and was certain they have learnt from their mistakes and I thought we were seriously on the verge of a serious long term project with this squad and management team.

Now I think again they are hopeless at making football decisions and have to live in hope they'll get lucky, I also have a slight doubt as to whether now the money they invested has been recouped we might see a change in the way we spend.

I'm angry at them, and they have lost a lot of my faith and goodwill.

That said, I can understand why they did it, given their culture, especially since they had given NP chances before.

If it was due to the damage to the KP brand then that's harder to take even if also understandable.

I'll back them but do feel like they are the ones responsible for ending a legacy in its infancy - doubt if LCFC will  finish any higher than 14th in Prem in the next 10 years

I don't really understand this? It's a bit of a nonsensical statement to me.

Pearson, as good as a job he did, wasn't without fault. Who's to say that, despite what a bitter pill this is to swallow, a new manager won't come in and allow us to progress and move up a level, similar to what Southampton did?

They've put themselves in a difficult position with this, whatever happens next has to be a success or they'll be turned on by fans despite none of us really knowing what would have happened this season under Pearson.

I think they have to offer a better explanation though and explain the real reasons.

Pearson, as good as a job he did, wasn't without fault. Who's to say that, despite what a bitter pill this is to swallow, a new manager wouldn't come in and allow us to progress and move up a level, similar to what Southampton did?

The Southampton situation has changes how football fans think, they are quite prepared now to sack long term managers who have done well on the off chance they might do similar.

People do forget the youth system Southampton have to compliment the squad though, we don't have that.

If they f**k up this appointment and we're relegated - all the hard work will be thrown away.

And the fans will rightly turn on them.

Now this i do agree with.... They have taken a gamble....

They've done a lot of good off the field work for the club, buying the stadium, new Desso pitches, upgrading the training ground etc. but a lot of their on field decisions have been mystifying at the best of times. 

Replacing Pearson with Sousa the first time round, letting Sven spend millions, having to settle on Pearson, sacking and re-hiring Pearson and now (what seems like) a bizarre decision to sack Pearson despite having back him with £10million in the last week have all been extremely controversial so far. 

They need to make sure they get the next appointment spot on otherwise the players and fans won't be happy and we could see a very swift return to the Championship, a year before the big money TV deal comes in. 

I don't really understand this? It's a bit of a nonsensical statement to me.

Pearson, as good as a job he did, wasn't without fault. Who's to say that, despite what a bitter pill this is to swallow, a new manager won't come in and allow us to progress and move up a level, similar to what Southampton did?

All this talk of Southampton..... that was a one-off and not the rule! They are a well-run club with a vision of how the teams play going right down to their academy.

The team spirit and togetherness NP was able to create is what has got us to 14th in the Prem rather than any great quality or club strategy, and it's gone now

They've done a lot of good off the field work for the club, buying the stadium, new Desso pitches, upgrading the training ground etc. but a lot of their on field decisions have been mystifying at the best of times.

Replacing Pearson with Sousa the first time round, letting Sven spend millions, having to settle on Pearson, sacking and re-hiring Pearson and now (what seems like) a bizarre decision to sack Pearson despite having back him with £10million in the last week have all been extremely controversial so far.

They need to make sure they get the next appointment spot on otherwise the players and fans won't be happy and we could see a very swift return to the Championship, a year before the big money TV deal comes in.

Sssh. We don't talk about how well we were run when Nigel Pearson wasn't here.

The Southampton situation has changes how football fans think, they are quite prepared now to sack long term managers who have done well on the off chance they might do similar.

People do forget the youth system Southampton have to compliment the squad though, we don't have that.

All this talk of Southampton..... that was a one-off and not the rule! They are a well-run club with a vision of how the teams play going right down to their academy.

The team spirit and togetherness NP was able to create is what has got us to 14th in the Prem rather than any great quality or club strategy, and it's gone now

Yep, those are fair points - but, the precedent is there for decisions like this working out, whether you like it or not.

By no means am I in agreement with the decision to get rid of Pearson, but I'm willing to wait and see who the Thai's bring in before going full on doom and gloom.

Guest MattP

For the first time yesterday they appear to have made a decision based on not what was best for Leicester City Football Club but for themselves and the King Power brand, that causes some concern for me.

As has been pointed out above, the club was ran very poorly by the same owners in the times Nigel wasn't here, we can't go back to that, they will probably be judged now on their next appointment, they have to get it right. It's the biggest gamble I've seen since Vincent Tan got rid of Malky Mackay.

Can we be sure that the Okazaki signing was Pearson's?

Come onTop And Vichai!!! lets make a great appointment  to keep this club on the crest of a wave!!!!   :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:

could not have put it better myself - My exact thoughts as mirrored in the thread of doom now rightly locked!!

For the first time yesterday they appear to have made a decision based on not what was best for Leicester City Football Club but for themselves and the King Power brand, that causes some concern for me.

As has been pointed out above, the club was ran very poorly by the same owners in the times Nigel wasn't here, we can't go back to that, they will probably be judged now on their next appointment, they have to get it right. It's the biggest gamble I've seen since Vincent Tan got rid of Malky Mackay.

I dont think its fair to say the club was ran poorly when Nigel wasnt here and well when he was here.

Paying off the debt, upgrading the training facility, getting plans ready for the upgrade of the stadium can hardly be attributed to wether Pearson was here or not... so they made some decent descisions in running the club..

Did they make some Howling mistakes? of course... but so did Pearson last season... and as i said above he seems to of learnt from his mistakes.  and maybe the owners have too...

And as mentioned above... we still don't know why Pearson was sacked... that might be a mistake but until we know the reason we can not really say either way....

I have a lot of respect for the owners. If sacking Pearson had to happen due to the off field events or his handling of James' departure than I also don't really think I have a right to argue about it. They have learnt a lot over the past few years, and hopefully will appoint someone to match our ambition and with a lot of new ideas and talent.

We could still come out of this situation well, there are a couple of names being banded about which could be a good step for us.

Guest MattP

I dont think its fair to say the club was ran poorly when Nigel wasnt here and well when he was here.

Paying off the debt, upgrading the training facility, getting plans ready for the upgrade of the stadium can hardly be attributed to wether Pearson was here or not... so they made some decent descisions in running the club..

Did they make some Howling mistakes? of course... but so did Pearson last season... and as i said above he seems to of learnt from his mistakes.  and maybe the owners have too...

And as mentioned above... we still don't know why Pearson was sacked... that might be a mistake but until we know the reason we can not really say either way....

Correct on top point, it wasn't ran poorly, it wan ran hideously. We actually managed to slide down the league whilst running up a debt of 90million. You actually would be hard pushed to be able to do that if you tried, it would make an interesting challenge to see if someone could try and spend that much money and move a team down the Championship table, hard to achieve.

The debt I've covered, they caused it and whilst it was wonderful they cleared up their own mess they now have more than their money back with two years in the PL and the free advertising they get from the football club for their company.

I still don't get how this decision in any way can show they have learnt from any mistakes, it's the same decision that was made four years ago that we all now agree was an absolutely ridiculous decision that set us back years. And this time there will no phone call going in for him to rescue the situation again.

We still don't know exactly why he was sacked and quite rightly most people are absolutely baffled by it as it makes no sense in footballing terms, it's akin to us sacking Martin O'Neill after he had just guided us to Premier League survival, back then though the owners hadn't thrown money at the club so they simply wouldn't have managed to get away with it.

Guest MattP

If we finish midl-table 10th or above people will be sucking iff the new manager and pearson will be forgotten

That's certainly true, fickle nature of football.

If that doesn't happen though, they'll be hell to pay for them, their reputation will be in tatters and they will be seen as an even bigger laughing stock as most football fans/pundits etc are seeing them now.

Archived