Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

The Thais have done enough for me to respect them

Last time Ill reply to you as I'm convinced you are on the wind up.

Why would I give them the credit, because it's Pearson's work that got us here. These clowns threw more money at Sven than they did at Pearson before they finally decided to beg him to come back (after MON and 'Arry) had turned them down to cut down on the reckeless spending they had already engaged in.

I'll give them huge credit for sticking with him last season (eventually, after more national not knowing arse from elbow embarrassment in the media), that was brave and brilliant and they fully deserved to be rewarded with another season in the division.

As for a team full of multi million pound signings, in our team towards the end of the season were Kasper, Schulpp, Albrighton, Huth, Morgan, Wasyl, James, Cambiasso, Vardy, Mahrez and Nugent - none of whom were 'multi million pound' signings.

You give them next to no credit when things go well but blame absolutely everything on them when it goes badly.

You're not even willing to give them the benefit of the doubt here by assuming that Pearson has done something to make his position untenable.

No, instead of making a reasonable assumption that there's a good reason for his sacking, you're straight in with the knives into the owners backs, all over every thread, repeatedly.

Which makes it fairly obvious you've been waiting for any chance to attack them, which makes it fairly obvious you've got a problem with them, which begs the question, what exactly, and I mean precisely, is your problem with the owners.

Having read some of your hard right wing posts in general chat, I suspect I know the answer.

Those players, particularly Kaspar and Nugent, who were pivotal in our promotion, are on big wages bank rolled by the owners. Without these owners the team that got promoted wouldn't have existed. We'd have had Tom Kennedy and what's his name, the other full back Pearson signed who never played though. We could have afforded them.

You give them next to no credit when things go well but blame absolutely everything on them when it goes badly.

You're not even willing to give them the benefit of the doubt here by assuming that Pearson has done something to make his position untenable.

No, singed of making a reasonable assumption that there's a good reason for his sacking, you're straight in with the knives into the owners backs, all over every thread, repeatedly.

Which makes it fairly obvious you've been waiting for any chance to attack them, which makes it fairly obvious you've got a problem with them, which begs the question, what exactly, and I mean precisely, is your problem with the owners.

Having read some of your hard right wing posts in general chat, I suspect I know the answer.

Those players, particularly Kaspar and Nugent, who were pivotal in our promotion, are on big wages bank rolled by the owners. Without these owners the team that got promoted wouldn't have existed.

Without these owners in 2010/11 Pearson might have taken us up anyway. We've progressed every single year under him.

Both the owners and Pearson deserve credit for what we are (sorry, were), but looking at the two eras prior to this one (sorry, last one), one with the owners we spent millions and went nowhere, one with Pearson we were improving despite spending relatively little, I think I know where the bulk of my credit would go to.

I didn't want Pearson sacked, but I could see it happening after what happened in Thailand.

The owners had no choice but to get rid of James Pearson and the others, being a father you have to support your son, no matter what happens and this is where there is a conflict.

Imagine being Nigel Pearson going home to his wife after her son just got sacked. He has family pressure because of this and what is more important to most people? Your job or your family?

Both sides did the right thing really, Pearson sticking up for his son (I can't imagine him mincing his words to anyone) and the Thais getting rid of the people who brought the club into disrepute.

A lose lose situation. Of course this is all only true IF the real reason behind the sacking is the Thai incident. But that is how I think it possibly went. Thanks James Pearson.

Also if the boss and the managers relationship has broken down something has to give. Usually it's the employee that has to leave. That is the same in any workplace, how can they continue to improve the club if they have issues with the man at the helm?

I didn't want Pearson sacked, but I could see it happening after what happened in Thailand.

The owners had no choice but to get rid of James Pearson and the others, being a father you have to support your son, no matter what happens and this is where there is a conflict.

Imagine being Nigel Pearson going home to his wife after her son just got sacked. He has family pressure because of this and what is more important to most people? Your job or your family?

Both sides did the right thing really, Pearson sticking up for his son (I can't imagine him mincing his words to anyone) and the Thais getting rid of the people who brought the club into disrepute.

A lose lose situation. Of course this is all only true IF the real reason behind the sacking is the Thai incident. But that is how I think it possibly went. Thanks James Pearson.

Also if the boss and the managers relationship has broken down something has to give. Usually it's the employee that has to leave. That is the same in any workplace, how can they continue to improve the club if they have issues with the man at the helm?

James Pearson isn't a fooking baby, I'd stand up for my lads all day long but if they are in the wrong you can't just ignore it.

Without these owners in 2010/11 Pearson might have taken us up anyway. We've progressed every single year under him.

Both the owners and Pearson deserve credit for what we are (sorry, were), but looking at the two eras prior to this one (sorry, last one), one with the owners we spent millions and went nowhere, one with Pearson we were improving despite spending relatively little, I think I know where the bulk of my credit would go to.

We've needed to be bankrolled for years including the league one season and subsequent play off season. Pearson has always had significant financial backing either in transfers or wages for the likes of Kaspar and Nugent. He has never had to do it the old way with literally no money.

Still, credit to him, he did do a good job, I just don't think these scathing attacks on the owners are justified at all.

James Pearson isn't a fooking baby, I'd stand up for my lads all day long but if they are in the wrong you can't just ignore it.

I'd wager the issue is that Nigel wasn't part of the process. The Thais sacked them without his consultation.

That would be meddling in team affairs which is very much Nigel's business.

We've needed to be bankrolled for years including the league one season and subsequent play off season. Pearson has always had significant financial backing either in transfers or wages for the likes of Kaspar and Nugent. He has never had to do it the old way with literally no money.

Still, credit to him, he did do a good job, I just don't think these scathing attacks on the owners are justified at all.

No idea how long you have been a City fan but in his first spell here, we had barely anything to spend and he won League One and then took us to the Championship playoffs, our full backs then were Michael Morrison and Bruno Berner.

Also, Sven signed Kasper and Nugent.

They're only as good as their last decision. They didn't save the club and they don't really care about football fans and their culture, nor are they the worst owners ever. They are just owners.

We'll see who they appoint since we're unlikely to hear the reasons for the sacking, and that's what they'll be judged on. Respect has nothing to do with it, I'm only interested in the club and my enjoyment in supporting it.

Everything positive they've done will be meaningless if we end up back in the championship

They're only as good as their last decision. They didn't save the club and they don't really care about football fans and their culture, nor are they the worst owners ever. They are just owners.

We'll see who they appoint since we're unlikely to hear the reasons for the sacking, and that's what they'll be judged on. Respect has nothing to do with it, I'm only interested in the club and my enjoyment in supporting it.

Everything positive they've done will be meaningless if we end up back in the championship

Not saying they get all mushy over football fans or anything... but all the free foods, free pints, free t-shirts, free breakfasts, free clappers... Well it all adds up....

My God some of our fans should be supporters of Cardiff,Leeds,Forest,hull etc to appreciate good decent owners!

And yes yes I know they are only in it for the money,but honestly think this decision was taken without speaking to footballing people beforehand.Let's just see how this evolves before hammering them.

Really don't understand why people are saying this, I understand loyalty, but Pearson isn't stupid I really really doubt he had any complaints about his son getting sacked for what he did, if he did well he didn't really deserve a job here anyway, these loyalty and there's just plain right stupid

No idea how long you have been a City fan but in his first spell here, we had barely anything to spend and he won League One and then took us to the Championship playoffs, our full backs then were Michael Morrison and Bruno Berner.

Also, Sven signed Kasper and Nugent.

Been a fan about 30 years. We had the best squad in league one by a mile. Look I'm not criticising Pearson, I liked him, he's easily my favourite Leicester manager after O'Neil, I'm just trying to be a bit positive here, assume the owners have made a tough decision for the right reasons instead of assuming the worst and criticising them to all hell.

I know Kaspar and Nugent were sven signings, their wages still had to be bankrolled. We lost a large amount of money the season before last even after Pearson had done a great job cutting the wage bill. Without owners willing to invest their own cash, we couldn't have afforded to keep the players who got us up. Just got back to the mid-2000s when we were properly broke, that's the standard of player this club could afford without backers.

The drunken utterances of sexually aroused 21 year olds were broadcast around the world because they were supposedly "racist".

Everybody, including the fans, most of you, the media, and even the friggin' Thai Government rushed to judgement.

The owners had a huge mess on their hands, and had really no choice but to sack the 3 players involved.

Nige disagreed, probably because his son did not say anything racist, and they were basically drunken 21 year olds. Nige is a man of principles, and family runs deep.  In 10 years, Leicester will be a fond memory, but his son will still be his son.

This whole thing resulted in a conflict that could not be resolved. The owners gave it some time, then realized the only choice was to make a change. Here we are.

So, are the owners to blame?  Hardly.  Is Nige to blame? Not really.  Who is to blame?

The one who decided that they would send along the video, and the media who broadcast the drunken utterances of 21 year olds to the world.  That's who.

Please place your blame where it belongs.

Peace.

My God some of our fans should be supporters of Cardiff,Leeds,Forest,hull etc to appreciate good decent owners!

And yes yes I know they are only in it for the money,but honestly think this decision was taken without speaking to footballing people beforehand.Let's just see how this evolves before hammering them.

I respect the Thais 100%, and some of the responses are puerile trash.

They've proved they don't make rash decisions this season. If they're going to sack a manager (where there was clearly a lot of mutual respect) then I respect that decision. I'm still gutted, but i'm sure it was a decision made with the club at heart.

The Thais are not the trigger happy loons that run some other clubs we could mention.

They stuck with NP the season before last where we blew up and limped across the playoff line, and they stuck with him through the terrible run this season.

They're not egomaniacs and stay out of the spotlight unlike manderic.

They've put their money  where their mouth is and written off a ton of debt, unlike others who just turn it into loans.

They've done a great deal of good for this club.

Listening to  some of the witterings on here about sacking the board and keeping NP, you're out of your tiny minds.

They've proved they don't make rash decisions this season. If they're going to sack a manager (where there was clearly a lot of mutual respect) then I respect that decision. I'm still gutted, but i'm sure it was a decision made with the club at heart.

I'm sure you're right. The issue though is whether it was the RIGHT decision. I have great respect for the owners - it's their judgement call I would question, sacking someone without a better replacement already lined up.

I'm wholly with Matt on this subject. I guess it shows how easily we are duped as consumers. Being given a free T shirt and a few beers and you will happily pour £500 into their pockets because they are good owners. All the other financial decisions are exactly that, financial. improving training facilities, clearing debt to equity is all done so the club is in the best shape possible to sell on when the time is right.

On footballing matters there is only 1 bloke to take the credit for our position and his name ain't Vichai. 

Good on-the-job results does not give a manager free reign to piss off his bosses. Different professions and different cultures might place more or less importance on this, but at a simple level, it's a universal truth.

I've been a big fan of the way Pearson has managed the team, and I'm really sorry to see him go. But Nigel Pearson doesn't just work for me, you, the players, and his staff--he also works for his bosses. There's a good chance the owners themselves realize the bind they've put the team in now, but they may still have as good a reason as any to begrudgingly make such a decision (and Pearson has irritated them and behaved unprofessionally before).

There's been a pattern on here for the last years which basically says "if there's any kind of a problem it can't be Pearsons fault, it must be the other guy". Cut the owners some slack, they've done us proud so far.

There's been a pattern on here for the last years which basically says "if there's any kind of a problem it can't be Pearsons fault, it must be the other guy". Cut the owners some slack, they've done us proud so far.

Pearson was a twat, but he was our twat.

Archived