Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grey Fox

Should Pearson have been sacked? Yes or No?

Should Pearson have been sacked?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. From what we know so far. Do you agree that Pearson should have been sacked?

no it wont, because the forum doesnt have the majority of the fans, as members.

I dont know for sure but I presume not even 35% have posted on on foxesforum.

Plus, who wants to vote on something, where reasons are unknown...

#shocked, many are.Hurt many are.

#Lets see now what and who the owners can produce

#lets wait and see who our next manager will be.

#lets give the new guy some space.

Have this poll in October, in Febuary, then EOS...Analyse the difference, then accept it will never be a true reflection of majority

of fans.

Well it will to me.  That's one fact I do know for sure :thumbup:

You don't have to survey every single fan to be able to draw a few conclusions on what the majority probably thinks.  There will be a margin of error yes, but that doesn't mean the poll is completely useless.

Take a look at this link (section 3) if you have nothing better to do and would like to learn more about survey sample size:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/sample-size/  (I warn it may send you to sleep)

It's a 'no' from me, based upon lots of assumptions and not knowing the full picture. Also based upon keeping us up brilliantly at the end.

That said, Pearson has done some barmy things this season. I feel quite angry toward him. He's been our best manager for decades and he's given the owners the bullets to fire him by not maintaining his composure in a number of situations.

Like it or not, these things matter.

I thought those posters who were metaphorically 'egging him on' at the time of these incidents (go on Nigel, you're your own man...etc) were daft then. And still think this now.

Being a contemporary football manager is not only about success on the field. Rightly or wrongly, it's so much more than that.

In terms of the bizarre incidents, Nige has not only let himself down, he's let us down too because the catalogue of nonsense has probably contributed to his sacking.

And I didn't want him sacked.

Who are the 17 (and counting) idiots who voted yes? Are you blind? Crazy? Or both?

Far from it. I stuck by him all season, I was one of those chanting his name when half the rest of you were calling for his head (amazing how people forget). The same lot that are now declaring him the messiah.

Trouble is, if he causes the board problems all the time then they have every right to get rid. Am I the only one surprised by this? Did the circus antics of last season not give you a clue to his volatile nature?

For getting us into the premier league and the great escape last season I have a lot of respect for Pearson. But I also respect the owners, and the fact that this was clearly not a football decision makes me think that they DO have the clubs best interests at heart.

It would appear that he has done something wrong behind the scenes, but what it was we may never know. I presume he has, so on that basis I tend to say yes.

This is certainly a farcical poll, because we don't know the reason

Bye bye, Pearson.  :wave:

For what he has done for this club absolutely not. Ok he has had a few moments this season where he's been a bit strange but look at his record for what he has done first time and on his return 3.5 years ago. 

Maybe there's a lot more in his sacking than we know or will ever know. 

I suppose we are not in possession of the full facts although its a shame given the great escape from relegation and he would appear to have the respect of the players.

That said, if, and, only if, this is the last straw in a string of controversial event's, and it is because of a difference of opinion as to whether his son should have been sacked,  I personally don't see how the owners were left with any option.  The idiots go on a goodwill tour of the owners native country, have some sort of orgy, make racist remarks and are then stupid enough to film it. Having the "orgy" was one thing, and they are all single men, but for one keep it to yourself for heavens sake, and for two don't behave like idiots when you are effectively on club business. Particularly when one of them's dad is the manager. Surely and seriously, Pearson can have no complaint that his son along with the 3 others were sacked. The man is clearly prone to spells of being a bit of a dick and is an unpredictable PR nightmare.

What we do not know is whether he was on borrowed time and was going to get the sack anyway who knows. It is a shame as he has obviously been the best manager since Martin O'Neill. That said I cannot see him writing any book soon on how to win friends and influence people.

I suppose the final irony in it all is that if he did object to his son's going, and that was the final straw, he must have been the biggest Ostrich ever, if he thought himself untouchable because of the relegation escape. A little too arrogant for his own good.

A surprise but not a surprise, but still a huge shame, especially given the absence of any obvious alternative.

I voted Yes, he should have been sacked.

I was completely shocked by his dismissal. I didn't want him to leave. I remained 100% pro-Pearson through most of the season. Check my post history if you don't believe me. 

BUT 

I also trust the owners. They have shown rationality and calmness throughout the season. I fully trust that they would only sack Pearson if they deemed it totally necessary.

If they deem it necessary, then so do I. They have never shown themselves to make rash decisions in the past. They offer nothing but kindness and support (and money). 

That's not blindly accepting them like the 'tyrants' that some reporters are describing them as. It does seem, however, that many people are blindly supporting Pearson. I'm looking at threads about protests and thinking "why". What do we know? 

Yes, they are business people but those who use that as a reason for them sacking Pearson are surely struggling with economics. They will make more financial gains when Leicester are succeeding. They have most likely weighed up all the pros and cons and have come to the decision. This is not a decision they would have made lightly.

There must be a significant reason why it was done.

Either things were never as rosy in the garden as they were portrayed and this was the final straw, or that there has been a coming together that simply cannot be resolved to maintain a working relationship.

If that was the case, then yes he should have been sacked.

Failing that, and if we never know the real reasons why, or the real reasons were simply just a convenient excuse to get rid of him, then no.

I've since changed it.  If you would like me to change it again then please help and suggest a better question.

Thanks

How about

"Should we wait until we know the facts before running a poll as to whether the reasons were justified"

I've no problem with the sacking of Pearson although it's a pity the owners felt it their best or only choice, it's also a pity that Pearson didn't show more leadership/class and it's a pity he ever engaged his son at the same club as himself because clashes of loyalties were almost inevitable. Pearson's stood on the edge of dismissal several times and might easily have been pushed.

Management is a senior executive position. Premiership football clubs and their people are in the public eye at all times. Corporate image is important - especially for potential sponsors - and, ideally, corporate managers need to be able to handle the media appropriately. Pearson was colourful without a doubt but vulnerable too and it was a major weakness.

I don't know the reasons/thinking of our owners with regard to their final parting with Pearson but I do believe it'll be sound and that they honestly believed there was no sensible alternative given their own mindset.

Bottom line is that it's their club, their money that's paying the bills and they who direct it's progress for better or worse. If Pearson couldn't or wouldn't accept that then I understand his being moved on, hopefully to learn that the same applies at every other club unless he buys a club himself.

Unfair dismissal? Bottom line is that the football manager is in charge of his footballing staff. An underling might screw up a recipe in a restaurant but the head chef is responsible in the end. He's there to ensure the staff have sufficient capability to do their job and know their responsibilities in doing it. The embarrassment caused by the happenings in Thailand was beyond defending - and so were one or two other things in Pearson's chequered past at the club.

He's got many top qualities as a leader and as a football man but, while I'm marginally disappointed that he's gone,  I've never been fully convinced and have said why on various occasions ever since he joined us.

If he takes a long, hard look at himself and learns from the past he can possibly go to the top or close. But his flaws will take some obliterating and not a lot of people are that ruthless when acting against their nature. There is arrogance in many an achiever but, at times, it comes over as Pearson's worst enemy.

In the end he'll either have to learn the requirements of working for others or he'll have to do as I did, and work for himself. With his money he probably has the choice.                 

Archived