Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

This is just a thread about Neil Lennon

Seems to be the favourite then. A long way to go in the process no doubt but what are your memories of him as a player? I bet quite a lot on here have met him too.

Still probably the best player I've seen play for us.

Weird thread title I know but didn't want anyone to think from the title that there was any news about him being approached or whatever...

He was a great player for us in a great team, hugely influential in a midfield with Izzet, Savage and Guppy. I'm not convinced he'd be the guy for us, yeah he did well at Celtic but the competition wasn't anywhere near as high as it is in the EPL, but I must acknowledge some notable scalps in European competition so he has to be a credible candidate.

He's done ok in management but is still unproven at this level,

I've always been impressed with him whenever I've seen/heard him as a pundit. He'll need to reign that temper in though if he does get the job or else we'll have a few more FOAD and McArthur incidents on our hands.

As a player it was simple, if he wasn't playing we were crap. He was the irreplaceable core of that O'Neill team.

I think he was the best player from that era. Parker was the superior ball player but Lennon made the whole team tick. He was our Souness / Keane / Gerrard. Maybe I was too young to appreciate him, I preferred the spectacular goals and slightly exotic background of Muzzy Izzet, but looking back Lennon was exceptional. Easily in our best ever XI.

I think he was the best player from that era. Parker was the superior ball player but Lennon made the whole team tick. He was our Souness / Keane / Gerrard. Maybe I was too young to appreciate him, I preferred the spectacular goals and slightly exotic background of Muzzy Izzet, but looking back Lennon was exceptional. Easily in our best ever XI.

surprised thought you were old school

Pretty unexceptional at Bolton although kept he kept them up. His signings of Gudjohnsen and Emile worry me a bit. Achievements in Scotland (most of them post Rangers) should be discounted. The fact he went to Bolton in the first place shows lack of ambition.

I'd not be overly keen. Great player but his character doesn't sit well with me. I tried to convince myself he'd be a good appointment when we were heavily linked in 2013 but I'm worries if he's the chosen one.

Pretty unexceptional at Bolton although kept he kept them up. His signings of Gudjohnsen and Emile worry me a bit. Achievements in Scotland (most of them post Rangers) should be discounted. The fact he went to Bolton in the first place shows lack of ambition.

Hes had no money to spend. Financial situation

Archived