Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

This is just a thread about Neil Lennon

He was a top top player and could have played for one of the top sides imo. As a manager though, I don't see him being the type to outthink opponents and being one dimensional. I'm only judging on what I've seen.

He was a top top player and could have played for one of the top sides imo. As a manager though, I don't see him being the type to outthink opponents and being one dimensional. I'm only judging on what I've seen.

Celtic were one of the best teams in Europe. Plus he wanted to play for them with his Irish roots. So who do you want big Sam ? hes not 1 dimensional ?

Jon Rudkin, who was appointed director of football in February, and Andrew Neville, the club’s director of football operations, know Lennon well – as well as Martin O’Neill, another name in the frame – and both men will be involved in the process of liaising with Leicester’s board and Thai owners about Pearson’s successor.

Seems to be the favourite then. A long way to go in the process no doubt but what are your memories of him as a player? I bet quite a lot on here have met him too.

Still probably the best player I've seen play for us.

Weird thread title I know but didn't want anyone to think from the title that there was any news about him being approached or whatever...

For some reason the fact you think lenny is the best player you have seen play for us worries me.

There's just something in my me that would love Lennon as manager. I mean, I don't think he's the best candidate, just that seeing him in that dugout would send shivers down my spine.

Hes got balls not a yes man would love him here 

Quality player but quite unproven as a manager, he should prove himself at Bolton first before stepping into the Premier League.

Reports say owners want top 10, can't see Neil Lennon achieving that, appointing him would be a step backwards.

For some reason the fact you think lenny is the best player you have seen play for us worries me.

maybe he wasen't around in the 60's 70's or 80's. Hes one of the best players I've seen in a City shirt I've been watching since 85.

As a player top class. His managing CV is still pretty bare though. I honestly think it's much more of an achievement to get Celtic not to win the league than it is for them to win it. Bolton wasn't exactly a great escape, he took over when they were 22nd and ended up finishing 18th in the 25 games he was in charge of. Following the 'new manager syndrome' his performance was close to relegation form, and having watched a bit of them the football was turgid at best.

If he had never played for us nobody here would be talking about him as a potential manager.

A 34% win percentage so far with Bolton Wanderers in the Championship does not get somebody a job in the biggest league in the world, unless that person used to play for them, or the club is desperate (so he's probably a shoe-in then)

Archived