Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

This is just a thread about Neil Lennon

To many people to quote. But I'm still not convinced he was the best player in that side.

Good at his role yes. But so were a few in that era.

Past that. Gary mac. Muzzy. Esteban. Not sure lennon would make my top 5 and I'm only 35.

Not for me. I'd give him a chance, don't get me wrong, but this all just smacks of when Forest brought in Pearce to me - they appointed him because they knew they'd ****ed up and wanted to keep the fans on side, so got someone popular with the fans.

Are they really seeing 18th place in the Championship last season as better than what we've just gotten rid of?

The motives behind this, and the sacking of Pearson, do not sit right with me in the slightest.

If he had never played for us nobody here would be talking about him as a potential manager.

A 34% win percentage so far with Bolton Wanderers in the Championship does not get somebody a job in the biggest league in the world, unless that person used to play for them, or the club is desperate (so he's probably a shoe-in then)

To play devil's advocate, Bolton's win percentage last season before appointing Lennon a quarter of the way into the season was 9%.

To play devil's advocate, Bolton's win percentage last season before appointing Lennon a quarter of the way into the season was 9%.

So that says to me he needs more time in the second tier to prove himself.

Of the main 4 or 5 names being mentioned he's the one I least want. Hardly pulled up trees at Bolton has he?

We can do better.

More worrying is Cotterill being on there. What the **** are we league one all of a sudden?

having added significant risk to our near future, I believe the owners will demand an appointment which not only greatly mitigates  the risk of relegation but also has potential to get us the top 10 position they crave.

For me, Lennon has no prem experience as a manager and has not got a CV of achieving success at a club like us in a position like the one we are in.

Too much risk. They will wait to get the right man and Lennon isn't that man 

having added significant risk to our near future, I believe the owners will demand an appointment which not only greatly mitigates the risk of relegation but also has potential to get us the top 10 position they crave.

For me, Lennon has no prem experience as a manager and has not got a CV of achieving success at a club like us in a position like the one we are in.

Too much risk. They will wait to get the right man and Lennon isn't that man

Good post....I hope you're right about the owners.....

Complete different players mate,

Lennon and Izzet were completely different players? Sorry, didn't realise, I'm new to football.

Plus hes not running for manager

Didn't suggest Izzet was. Just expressing my thoughts on the two men as players for us. Apologies.

Complete different players mate,

The point being raised tho was best player.

Clearly lenny makes a list if best holding midfielder.

But if I ask you who the top 5 brazil players are does dunga make the list.

Lennon and Izzet were completely different players? Sorry, didn't realise, I'm new to football.

Didn't suggest Izzet was. Just expressing my thoughts on the two men as players for us. Apologies.

Your name rather suits you tbf

Archived