Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danizen

Give It To Shakey and Walsh.

Shakespeare did his Uefa Pro license a few months back.

However, all three are a tight-knit bunch so I can't see them staying. They are Pearson's men. I think they've only agreed to take temporary charge out of respect for the players and other staff, due to the timing of it all.

Sky bet 5/4 on Lennon today. Hes got the job.

Means absolutely nothing. If yesterday they were still drawing up candidates, then we won't see an appointment for at least a week.

Those odds will be off the back of a few articles based on nothing but speculation.

Means absolutely nothing. If yesterday they were still drawing up candidates, then we won't see an appointment for at least a week.

Those odds will be off the back of a few articles based on nothing but speculation.

Do we have a good source to say they were drawing up candidates yesterday? I didn't see that. If so, your right.

Yes they are Pearsons men, but before that they were other peoples. Walsh at one point was Allerdyce's man.

From Walsh's perspective, if your job is recruitment. Would you rather be scrabbling around looking for bargains in the championship for 500k... or looking around Europe for £10m signings. It very much depends on who we get in as to whether he could or would work with them.

Yes they are Pearsons men, but before that they were other peoples. Walsh at one point was Allerdyce's man.

From Walsh's perspective, if your job is recruitment. Would you rather be scrabbling around looking for bargains in the championship for 500k... or looking around Europe for £10m signings. It very much depends on who we get in as to whether he could or would work with them.

As was Pearson himself

As an aside, do we 'own' the scouting work that Walsh has done during his time here

I still find it v interesting that we havent heard of any conclusion to the EC situation. Is it beyond possibility that he will be offered a player manager role here. Given that Sherwood was allowed to manage without his badges whilst at spurs.

Has this been a thought of the owners awhile. Have they indeed been taking progressive footballing advice from him. Could it be this is where the difference of opinion and perspective really lies.

As was Pearson himself

As an aside, do we 'own' the scouting work that Walsh has done during his time here

Depends how much of it is done in house now via video and stats. I'm sure there is a section of it we'd retain. The man on the ground stuff from his contacts, probably not. But it's hard to know how much was still left.

Pearson currently doesn't have a job, I don't know how quickly he will find one, or if he is even looking at the moment, they can't follow him if there is nowhere to go. There is only one vacant managerial role in England at the moment, and I'm guessing NP won't be applying for that one.

For now, at least.

We were all looking forward to the new season under Pearson positive about what could be achieved. Walsh and Shakespeare would be able carry on from last season with minimal disruption and hopefully maintain the momentum we built up in the last 10 games. Most of the time, promoting from within is a disaster but that usually applies to clubs that were already in huge trouble and were unable/unwilling to spend money to bring in a permanent replacement (Carver at Newcastle Connor at Wolves ETC.). An interim manager usually works if the squad is united and the backroom staff are talented and there are no egos which is the case at Leicester City. 

If you look at successful interims like Avram Grant at Chelsea, Luxembergo (sp?) at Real Madrid or most recently, Tactics Tim at Spurs, there are downsides to this arrangement. Firstly, it isn't a long term solution but it will buy the owners a bit of time to bring in the right man. Secondly, it hands too much power to the players since, in their minds, they're essentially managing themselves (but if certain people are to be believed, that was happening during our survival run anyway).

Since they're both assistant managers, it might be a bit tricky deciding which one to promote but surely this is a better option than bringing in Lennon or Cotterill. 

Like I said, it's not a long term solution but I believe if we bring in Lennon or Cotterill we will be looking for a new manager again at some point this season so why not carry on with the two considerably talented assistants we already have on our books?

I agree with this totally! There isnt currently anyone out their, especially the kind of names who are being linked to us, that will actually take us forwards! We are in the best position we have been in for ages and i feel like the likes of Lennon, Big Sam, Moyes etc would only send us backwards. Give these guys the 1st 5 games of the season and see how they get on!! 

these two are pretty loyal to Pearson, I doubt they would want to step over his corpse.

They would be doing a job, signed a contract accordingly.They wont be worrying about NP ...would you???

I agree with this totally! There isnt currently anyone out their, especially the kind of names who are being linked to us, that will actually take us forwards! We are in the best position we have been in for ages and i feel like the likes of Lennon, Big Sam, Moyes etc would only send us backwards. Give these guys the 1st 5 games of the season and see how they get on!! 

None of the usual suspects named fill me with confidence in the way NP would this coming season

Walsh has a lot  of loyalty for Leicester. His home is here and he runs  a footballing school for youngsters. If stuck for work he could do that full time. Not sure  of Shakeys history but he may like the job. He stepped up to talk to the media a few times and was always in the dugout encouraging the team.

Walsh has a lot  of loyalty for Leicester. His home is here and he runs  a footballing school for youngsters. If stuck for work he could do that full time. Not sure  of Shakeys historty but he may like the job. He stepped up to talk to the media a few times and was always in the dugout encouraging the team.

Not sure if serious.

Walsh has a lot  of loyalty for Leicester. His home is here and he runs  a footballing school for youngsters. If stuck for work he could do that full time. Not sure  of Shakeys historty but he may like the job. He stepped up to talk to the media a few times and was always in the dugout encouraging the team.

For the avoidance of doubt, I was talking about this Steve Walsh:

stevewalsh-4-3280-1957512.jpg

Not this one:

cropped-lcfcsteve4.jpg

Or this one:

stevewalsh_2514642b.jpg

Or even this one:

steve_walsh_0_1404405017.jpg

I think that would be such a waste of a transfer window and a good pre season that a new manager can have with the team. What's the point of keeping them for 5 games and then sacking them once the transfer window has closed? 

They are not in the same league in terms of management quality as people like Moyes, Big Sam etc. 

Walsh has a lot  of loyalty for Leicester. His home is here and he runs  a footballing school for youngsters. If stuck for work he could do that full time. Not sure  of Shakeys history but he may like the job. He stepped up to talk to the media a few times and was always in the dugout encouraging the team.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

a lot of people saying we wont get this man we wont get that man hes to big a name is total rubbish in my eyes for 2 reasons .

1. money talks if you said to (lets say klopp) heres 1 million pound a year plus a bonus of 5 million if you get us in the top 7,europe or a trophy within 3 years , he would seriously consider it 

2. a lot of these top managers want to prove they can be a good manager at any team regardless , i am sure a guy who takes charge of a team like man city with 100s of millions of pounds of talent  and finishes 2nd or 3rd in the league would be seen as just doing his job,  but a manager who takes charge of a team that sits below half way in the league and with shrewd signings and his input takes them to 6th or 7th will be seen as exceptional and his standing in the game will be much much highly regarded and some managers like to do this to test themselves . 

so for me klopp,hiddink or any other massive name is not unrealistic yes its a gamble for them but it may be something they want to have on their c.v yes it may fail and im looking at you sven  lol 

lmfao

a lot of people saying we wont get this man we wont get that man hes to big a name is total rubbish in my eyes for 2 reasons .

1. money talks if you said to (lets say klopp) heres 1 million pound a year plus a bonus of 5 million if you get us in the top 7,europe or a trophy within 3 years , he would seriously consider it 

2. a lot of these top managers want to prove they can be a good manager at any team regardless , i am sure a guy who takes charge of a team like man city with 100s of millions of pounds of talent  and finishes 2nd or 3rd in the league would be seen as just doing his job,  but a manager who takes charge of a team that sits below half way in the league and with shrewd signings and his input takes them to 6th or 7th will be seen as exceptional and his standing in the game will be much much highly regarded and some managers like to do this to test themselves . 

so for me klopp,hiddink or any other massive name is not unrealistic yes its a gamble for them but it may be something they want to have on their c.v yes it may fail and im looking at you sven   lol

I think you would need to times that offer by about 10 to get them to consider it!

Haha Big Sam and Moyes would take us backwards? Do you smoke crack in your spare time?

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

I dont understand the confusion. I was also talking about the Walsh involved in football not acting or music. Thought it obvious as this is a football thread. If I was wrong about him running a school for kids (occasionally) I apologise for getting the wrong person. I cannot remember Shakeys background whether he came with Pearson or not. Maybe that part needs clearing up.

I see no reason for the pisstake.

I think we need to keep hold of Walsh at the very least. He's already shown how important to the club he is when he is and when he isn't here. Do you really think we'd have signed Beckford, Mills and Danns if Walsh was head of recruitment at that stage? 

I think, though, that wherever Pearson goes Walsh and Shakespeare will follow. They did it when they went to Hull and I don't see why they'd stay here this time around. 

Archived