Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danizen

Give It To Shakey and Walsh.

If we can't get one of the 'big' names (Klopp, big Sam, moyes) then Shakey would be my next choice. Continuity is the best thing for the club at the minute, and he's the best man to provide that from a coaching perspective.

For similar reasons I'd be happy to have Cambiasso on board (maybe as Shakey's assistant/player-coach), even though he's not a qualified coach yet.

I dont understand the confusion. I was also talking about the Walsh involved in football not acting or music. Thought it obvious as this is a football thread. If I was wrong about him running a school for kids (occasionally) I apologise for getting the wrong person. I cannot remember Shakeys background whether he came with Pearson or not. Maybe that part needs clearing up.

I see no reason for the pisstake.

You do understand that Steve Walsh is not actually Steve Walsh?

You do understand that Steve Walsh is not actually Steve Walsh?

I do now.I thought he had always been part of the backroom staff. Apologies for a stupid mistake for confusing Steve Walsh with Steve Walsh. I shall leave this thread to the better informed and more intellegent posters.

I think, though, that wherever Pearson goes Walsh and Shakespeare will follow. They did it when they went to Hull and I don't see why they'd stay here this time around.

There's a fair chance Pearson won't go anywhere else - at least not immediately.

He's had health issues in the past couple years, and the stress of last seasons events would have taken its toll tremendously. I wouldn't be surprised if he opted to take a year out - particularly with his sizable pay off - to let everything settle down again.

If he did that I don't see why Walsh and Shakespeare would leave unless forced out by the new manager

I think a Premier League club in a solid financial position and on the up, should be looking higher than appointing an assistant manager. 

We would be an attractive club for a lot of good managers.

I'd be happy with Shakey for the time being.

Are there two Walsh's? I thought this one at the club now was ex-City.

better informed but not more intelligent - don't undersell yourself. I've made far worse screw ups in my time and I have the IQ of Einstein

Einstein was my old dog btw

There's a fair chance Pearson won't go anywhere else - at least not immediately.

He's had health issues in the past couple years, and the stress of last seasons events would have taken its toll tremendously. I wouldn't be surprised if he opted to take a year out - particularly with his sizable pay off - to let everything settle down again.

If he did that I don't see why Walsh and Shakespeare would leave unless forced out by the new manager

Good point, completely forgot about his health issues in all honesty. If he does stay out of football for a while then, as you say, I can't see Shakespeare and Walsh leaving unless they are asked. Keeping them will help to ease the transition period. 

I think that would be such a waste of a transfer window and a good pre season that a new manager can have with the team. What's the point of keeping them for 5 games and then sacking them once the transfer window has closed? 

They are not in the same league in terms of management quality as people like Moyes, Big Sam etc. 

Im not saying definitely sack them after 5 games, hopefully they will do well obviously and there would be no need too! They could maybe use this transfer window the same way in how it would have been used with Nige in charge? and finish the job rather than after a few signings change the targets etc because a new man is in?!

Haha Big Sam and Moyes would take us backwards? Do you smoke crack in your spare time?

I think they would yeah! Not saying that they arent better managers than Nige but this bunch are all Niges players and he knows how to get the best out of them when many other managers probably wouldnt!! 

Also, is big Sam capable of taking us forwards?? I really doubt that. He could save us from relegation no doubtedly but imo he not really a manager who is going to lead us into the top 10. You only have to look at his record to see that.

I think they would yeah! Not saying that they arent better managers than Nige but this bunch are all Niges players and he knows how to get the best out of them when many other managers probably wouldnt!

Also, is big Sam capable of taking us forwards?? I really doubt that. He could save us from relegation no doubtedly but imo he not really a manager who is going to lead us into the top 10. You only have to look at his record to see that.

You hit the nail on the head here! Nigel is a good manager and knows how to get the best out of the players. Walsh and Shakey are not Nigel! They are his deputies and take commands from Nigel. There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest they would make good managers.

I personally think that Nigel wouldn't be a good boss as he has been if it weren't for both Walsh and Shakey.

Of course he wouldn't be as good. You only have to look at Brian Clough. A good set-up is vital for any manager, but Nigel Pearson was both able to identify good people to put around him and was willing to take on board the views of everyone at the club. He deserves more credit than anyone else for our recent successes even if they were somewhat dependent on other people. No one can run a football club on their own.

Mark Chapman, Jason Bourne & Steve Claridge made that mistake on Radio 5 too.

Well at least some proffesionals with research facilities making the mistake makes me feel a little less foolish. In all the time he's been here I just assumed the two were the same and saw nothing to counter that thought. I know now.

And Claridge played with him didnt he? (the player not scout)

Guest MattP

Walsh has a lot  of loyalty for Leicester. His home is here and he runs  a footballing school for youngsters. If stuck for work he could do that full time. Not sure  of Shakeys history but he may like the job. He stepped up to talk to the media a few times and was always in the dugout encouraging the team.

I'd be happy with Shakey for the time being.

Are there two Walsh's? I thought this one at the club now was ex-City.

Well at least some proffesionals with research facilities making the mistake makes me feel a little less foolish. In all the time he's been here I just assumed the two were the same and saw nothing to counter that thought. I know now.

First time I've properly laughed for a couple of days, cheers Ken lol

As for the subject, I really do think we are kidding ourselves a bit, I'd love for Walsh and Shakey to still be around but I've got no doubt as soon as NP is appointed elsewhere they'll be off to join him, they are a team and they have always appeared to be as tight as anything

First time I've properly laughed for a couple of days, cheers Ken lol

As for the subject, I really do think we are kidding ourselves a bit, I'd love for Walsh and Shakey to still be around but I've got no doubt as soon as NP is appointed elsewhere they'll be off to join him, they are a team and they have always appeared to be as tight as anything

I'm not in the football section as much as others so do not see all the info. I only normally look in match days.

Anyway I am sure you are right if they have always worked together then the other two do not owe City any special loyalty despite having the name of a legend. They'll be off when Peason beckons them.

Tbh, I wouldn't mind letting Shakespeare have a go as interim manager until Brendan Rodgers gets sacked by Liverpool, which I don't think will take long.

Never gonna happen though, and waiting would probably screw us on transfers.

Archived