Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Captain...

Hypothetical situation #4568

Big Sam  

263 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take Big Sam as our manager if it guaranteed survival next season

Most opinions so far is that Big Sam wouldn't be a step forwards, I have also seen it repeatedly said that Big Sam would definitely keep us up next season.

In the post season predictions thread most people said they would be happy as long we didn't get relegated (obviously hoping to finish top half, but wouldn't be upset with 17th) and that was before that happened.

So in a hypothetical world where appointing Big Sam meant guaranteeing we didn't get relegated next season, would you take him?

I don't think he's a step up or down, I'd take him here but I wouldn't have sacked Pearson for him.

Personally not, if survival was guaranteed then the season would be too dull and boring unless we also had a decent cup run

I didn't realise we had to play the west ham way too

I don't think he's as much of a dinosaur as people make out - West Ham played some great attacking football in the first half of last season. They just went downhill when they got injuries and it became clear he wasn't staying.

So yes, I'd definitely take him here. Especially considering the alternatives.

well, yes obviously. Usually hypotheticals need negatives 

A lot of people are against him coming, his style of football, his transfer policy, his personality, even if he keeps us up next season he will probably undo the progress we made on the pitch to be an attacking footballing side. The long term damage to the team could be worse than the short term gain of surviving next season.

Maybe it should have been finishing 17th when we all know we can finish higher than that.

Or maybe I just misjudged the negative reaction towards him, seemed a lot of people don't want him here.

No, we stayed up last season. I want to see my club have a bit of ambition, we're big enough to trouble the top half and aim to win the cup.

More importantly, there is a duty to entertain people with football, that is the whole reason it's so popular. Finishing 17th watching hoofball is nothing to hope for.

Taylor had us 4th going into March at one stage.

cricket, didn't know that, however Allardyce is a safe choice, not very appealing but he is when you look at the other candidates.

Until we're an established Premier League side (Stoke, West Ham etc) then we can't afford to decide how we play as long as we win games.

I'd take hoofball if it meant success.

Besides, we didn't exacly play pretty football under Martin O'God.

Allardyce seems like a safe pair of hands for a while. I don't think we'll make significant progress under him but we'd probably be fairly stable.

The other candidates seem extremely risky.

Until we're an established Premier League side (Stoke, West Ham etc) then we can't afford to decide how we play as long as we win games.

I'd take hoofball if it meant success.

Besides, we didn't exacly play pretty football under Martin O'God.

I'm  glad you're  not the manager.

Archived