Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Guus Hiddink

Lovely, foreign players, foreign manager, foreign owners, were losing our identity now. :( This is a sad time. I am proud that out club has built a young squad that is mostly British and hungry for success. Wave goodbye to that approach if we appoint Hiddink.

The only positive is Hiddink is kinda like Humpadink.

schneichel, huth, was, schlupp, cambiasso, kram, ulloa etc etc

Where is all this Sven 2.0 bollocks coming from. Because they are both experienced and foreign? Sven wishes he had the cv of Hiddink. He will attract players and commands a great deal more respect than Sven. On top of that this isn't the championship which is notoriously harder for managers to adapt too.

Take a look at his recent record, Russia, Turkey, Anzhi Makhachkala

It's all about the €$£€$£

Hiddink is the very definition of Sven 2.0, under whom it never felt like 'my' club as mercenary after mercenary signed for a pay day rather than the club

He's no Klopp, that's for sure - although as one of Europe's hottest properties we'll have no chance of attracting him

Lovely, foreign players, foreign manager, foreign owners, were losing our identity now. :( This is a sad time. I am proud that out club has built a young squad that is mostly British and hungry for success. Wave goodbye to that approach if we appoint Hiddink.

Think u need to check the nationalities of main eleven in the run in.

Kasper, Huth, Was, Cambiasso,Schlupp, Mahrez, Ulloa, all foreign.

Plus the rest of the squad.

Brilliant he waits all this time to give the job to someone who only just kept his team up and sent us down, then got the sack! what a cv that is. Who else applied for the post if this is the best we can get? I thought Pearson was more of a coach than a manager anyway, this club has lost the plot, Mandaric will probably sack him by christmas after we win 2 in a row. Milan is helping sub-standard managers get their homes paid off by signing them to contracts that are far too long but he knows best i guess, its only money.

lol, just saying.

Roll on the Hiddink wagon.

Not too keen, would prefer someone younger and it's bringing back nightmares of Sven, however you can't really argue too much with his CV.

But I'm not really sure who I want at the end of the day and not sure I'll be happy with anyone other than Pearson, but that's not gonna happen.

is this going to be spend stupid like Sven all over again, i hope not .

no doubt he is a very good manager but he would be on a very high wage and not here for to long imo. I would rather like someone who would build something for the long term here like i was hoping NP would. 

oh well if its Guus then i hope he does well and buys wisely .

Hiddink didn't too badly with Chelsea did he.  Pretty sure he turned them around right off the bat after Scholari was sacked and nearly got them to the Champions League final.  I know Chelsea is a different kettle of fish but it wasn't that long ago and he proved somewhat he has what it takes to hit the ground running in the prem.  That alone, is good enough for me.

Huth

De Laet

Mahrez

Schlupp

Kramaric

Ulloa

Cambiasso

Fuchs

Okazaki

Wasilewski

Knockaert (prior to departure)

Schmeichel

Morgan

We kinda had loads of foreign players before now. And of the British players, 3 spring to mind that we can hardly be proud of.

Take your point but Think your comment is a good few years too late. We've been foreign owned for years and our previous manager was also foreign

Hiddink didn't too badly with Chelsea did he.  Pretty sure he turned them around right off the bat after Scholari was sacked and nearly got them to the Champions League final.  I know Chelsea is a different kettle of fish but it wasn't that long ago and he proved somewhat he has what it takes to hit the ground running in the prem.  That alone, is good enough for me.

73 win percent ratio at Chelsea no bad.

Archived