Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Guus Hiddink

My feeling is that they'll meet Hiddink in London over the weekend and it's his if he wants it (sticking point could be money), Lennon if not and he'll definitely take it. Announced either way by Wednesday at the latest.

Does that sound about right?

Probably bang on the money as usual mate.

I hope so because Hiddink is an old giffer ready for his zimmer. If that old croc gets it might send my ticket back. Already seen Sven Mk1 dont want to see MK2 epic failure. Brought to you by King Power in association with Air Asia - Thailand always amazing.

Just return it now. I know someone who'll have it regardless of who the manager is.

If the board are seriously looking at Hiddink and it doesn't work out why Lennon

Why not Klopp or Bielsa?

I think trying to get Klopp would be like trying to get a 2009 Hiddink.  Only reason Hiddink is even a realistic option is due to his age and drop off in reputation recently.

Hiddink as Director of Football, Lennon as Coach ?

but Hiddink only wants to coach - not all the shit associated with the DOF role and that means Rudkin negotiates himself out of a job although if he is a really good negotiator he may be successful then think Oh Fu*k! 

JESUS give the guy a chance !!!!!

Have you seen his record? Apart from managing in a league that made Craig Levein look like Alf Ramsey and Billy McKay (Former Leicester youngster who was deemed not good enough before Pearson came along in 2008) look like Cristiano Ronaldo. His record at Bolton is quite frankly atrocious and I for one would be mortified if he was appointed.

I'll stick pins in my eyes and eat them like cheese and pineapple sticks lol lol

The list of things I'd do rather then see Neil Lennon as Leicester manager is extraordinarily long, strangely enough your suggestion is on there along with having a w*nk with sandpaper and sticking my head in a hornets nest.

Maybe we're not going to hire anyone.

If we don't have a manager do we get an extra man on pitch? Maybe that's why we're signing all these strikers. 

but Hiddink only wants to coach - not all the shit associated with the DOF role and that means Rudkin negotiates himself out of a job although if he is a really good negotiator he may be successful then think Oh Fu*k! 

According to the Talksport's Dutch Correspondent, Hiddink definitely does NOT want to Coach - and is only interested in a DoF role, with a Head Coach working with him.  That's what he's done at all his recent Club Management jobs and with Holland (with Blind being the Coach there).

According to the Talksport's Dutch Correspondent, Hiddink definitely does NOT want to Coach - and is only interested in a DoF role, with a Head Coach working with him.  That's what he's done at all his recent Club Management jobs and with Holland (with Blind being the Coach there).

well then different sources are claiming different things. I think there may be some misunderstanding as to what he wants or what the term DOF means in different clubs.

I think it means he wants to head up a coaching team, observe, agree strategy, motivate and guide rather than bring in players, negotiate terms etc etc and rather than get his hands dirty actually leading all the coaching sessions

Maybe we're not going to hire anyone.

If we don't have a manager do we get an extra man on pitch? Maybe that's why we're signing all these strikers. 

if that's the case sack all the coaches, staff and tea lady and we will rock up with our new 1 - 1 - 26 formation

well then different sources are claiming different things. I think there may be some misunderstanding as to what he wants or what the term DOF means in different clubs.

I think it means he wants to head up a coaching team, observe, agree strategy, motivate and guide rather than bring in players, negotiate terms etc etc and rather than get his hands dirty actually leading all the coaching sessions

So basically he wants to get paid a shit ton of money and let everyone else do the work

So basically he wants to get paid a shit ton of money and let everyone else do the work

Pretty much - yip -  rather than head coach or DOF, ... call it consultancy - and what you just said describes exactly what consultants do!

Archived