Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Favourite Footballing Moment Under Pearson..

313 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Footballing Moment Under Pearson..

• Leeds at home
    • Southend Away
    • Forest Away
    • Burnley championship winning season)
    • Man Utd 5-3
    • WBA Away

Swansea home 09. Weird choice, but for me it symbolises what was great about Pearson's first tenure.

The past 5 years had been dull, depressing, frustrating. Every year we had hopes to reach the playoffs, and they had usually gone by mid November. We won the 3rd division under Pearson but it was still, you know, the third division. It remained to be seen if we could actually push on and challenge for promotion to the Premiership for the first time in what seemed like ages. The first half of the Swansea game seemed to confirm all my fears, we were crap and losing and seemed ready for another season of struggle. But we turned it around to win and went on to have a good season. We weren't a great team that year but finally we looked like we could compete for promotion. It was just refreshing, after years of dross, actually winning more matches than losing.

So strange choice. But when I think of Pearson's time at Leicester, for some reason that game sticks out in my mind.

I'm not as upset as some on here that he's gone, but he did great things for my club.

I remember watching us at Bramall Lane mid August when coming back up from League 1. We drew 1-1 but we were great second half. I remember thinking that's the day the fans won their club back.

The fact that some muppets can't even acknowledge his excellent work or that he pulled off one of the greatest results, all time in the clubs history is angering and very sad.

I remember thinking that this appointment was so low profile and risky that he would be out of here quickly. His lack of experience was so uninspiring but he has turned out to be one of the best managers ever in our history. I think everyone wanted Jon Gregory at the time  lol . No one even mentioned his name.  :nigel:

Archived