Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Favourite Footballing Moment Under Pearson..

313 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Footballing Moment Under Pearson..

• Leeds at home
    • Southend Away
    • Forest Away
    • Burnley championship winning season)
    • Man Utd 5-3
    • WBA Away

It's like we didn't exist before Pearson

No, we appreciate that he's given us some great memories during his time here and built a team to be proud of. Two titles, numerous records broken, play-offs and the greatest escape of all time.

Tonight I raise my glass to Sir Nige and thank him because for the rest of the last 15 years it has been beyond dross and without him we could be further down the football league pyramid than when he first took us over.

To Sir Nige!

It's like we didn't exist before Pearson

Mate, we get it, you don't like the bloke. Why don't you **** off to one of the threads where everyone's shooting their loads over Lennon or Hiddink? Seriously, what do you get out of taking the piss out of people who genuinely like the bloke and genuinely want to remember all the brilliant stuff he did for our club?

Mate, we get it, you don't like the bloke. Why don't you **** off to one of the threads where everyone's shooting their loads over Lennon or Hiddink? Seriously, what do you get out of taking the piss out of people who genuinely like the bloke and genuinely want to remember all the brilliant stuff he did for our club?

nothing. It just you're all acting like a shit boy band with one good album has split up

nothing. It just you're all acting like a shit boy band with one good album has split up

Two titles, two play-off campaigns and a great escape in 5 full seasons. More like a solid, dependable band with 2 excellent albums and 3 solid efforts have split up.

Cheltenham away, Orient away, Max Gradel at MK Dons, Howard against Leeds, snowballs at Walsall, Hereford in the Sun.

Then it continued, a comeback against Swansea, revenge against Forest, the late run to secure the playoffs, that night at Cardiff which will stay with me for the rest of my life as Hobbs and Howard walked off with arms over each other. The Friday night at QPR.

He went for two years of awful, overhyped crap. Then he came back - beat Palace, went to Norwich saw them off in the cup after hammering Forest again under him, we ran out of steam but looked well positioned. We hit six for the first time since the 80s and before that the 60s.

It started again - we beat Forest away like O'Neill couldn't manage, we hit the top of the league at a point and then an awful day at Watford which did nothing more than fire him up.

We broke records. Winning runs. Record points tally. Unbeaten records. It's easier to name the crap games than the good ones. Watford dismissed. Derby crushed again. QPR seen off. Burnley surpassed.

Man United beaten like never before. Liverpool exposed at Anfield. Arsenal holding on at the Emirates. That magic run. The greatest escape. We stepped out against Newcastle and you just knew we'd score. A week later, I worried that the pressure would get to us, it didn't. We pushed Chelsea to their best performance in the second half of their season. WBA away.

And yet folk still can't be big enough to praise him. Or even balance their opinion.

Cheltenham away, Orient away, Max Gradel at MK Dons, Howard against Leeds, snowballs at Walsall, Hereford in the Sun.

Then it continued, a comeback against Swansea, revenge against Forest, the late run to secure the playoffs, that night at Cardiff which will stay with me for the rest of my life as Hobbs and Howard walked off with arms over each other. The Friday night at QPR.

He went for two years of awful, overhyped crap. Then he came back - beat Palace, went to Norwich saw them off in the cup after hammering Forest again under him, we ran out of steam but looked well positioned. We hit six for the first time since the 80s and before that the 60s.

It started again - we beat Forest away like O'Neill couldn't manage, we hit the top of the league at a point and then an awful day at Watford which did nothing more than fire him up.

We broke records. Winning runs. Record points tally. Unbeaten records. It's easier to name the crap games than the good ones. Watford dismissed. Derby crushed again. QPR seen off. Burnley surpassed.

Man United beaten like never before. Liverpool exposed at Anfield. Arsenal holding on at the Emirates. That magic run. The greatest escape. We stepped out against Newcastle and you just knew we'd score. A week later, I worried that the pressure would get to us, it didn't. We pushed Chelsea to their best performance in the second half of their season. WBA away.

And yet folk still can't be big enough to praise him. Or even balance their opinion.

It's just that people don't like his personality. There's a lot of people who support this club who have never liked him since he first got the job. I get the feeling if he was a bit of a 'character' like Redknapp, or Holloway, or Mourinho - whoever - then there would be a lot more people gutted that he'd been sacked

Ive posted in this thread already.

He gave us some incredible memories, he was a very good Leicester City manager.

Can we PLEASE move on.

Can we PLEASE move on.

This is just a thread to look back at memories. No different to remembering a popular player, a season, another manager.

We'll all move on soon enough but we've many threads remembering certain things before.

How did it go from this to not being able to work together in 12 short months?

Can we PLEASE move on.

It's been about a ****ing day, if threads like these bother you so much, don't post in them. Simple as.

West Ham at home last season.

After being so shit for so long the euphoria of actually winning and looking ok was incredible. You had Cambiasso backing up all his talk with a wonder volley then dying minutes King doing what old (young) King would do and scoring when it mattered in a 'big' game. After that game, one by one, every champ player stepped up and contributed to us staying up. That's the game, that's the one.

Dunno if it's been mentioned but definitely my favourite moment was from a video someone posted on here. Sunderland away from a phone in the crowd. He went mental giving it the big one to the fans, throwing his hands up in the air time and again, clenching his fists, screaming. Job done. To think from that to this. Sickening.

One thing about Pearson's sides is we were always in the game. Even when things weren;t going our way,'

I remember a game at home to Plymouth, I think in our 09-10 play-off season where we absolutely battered them, had about 25 shots on goal and it jus wouldn't go in - I think we hit the post, skewed shots wide and it just seemed like "one of those days". Then Andy King popped up in the 93rd minute when it looked like we'd never score and we won 1-0.

Similarly, being 1-0 down to Bristol Rovers in 08-09 and looking like we';d never score, then Fryatt scored twice in injury time to win 2-1.

Oh and even though we lost against Cardiff, when we were 2-0 down on aggregate and looking buried and then we suddenly scored 3 goals in about 20 minutes either side of half-time. I went absolutely bananas when King made it 3-2 on aggregate.

Another few great late goals - Dyer vs Middlesbrough twice - I think in both 09-10 and 13-14. Vardy and Huth vs WBA this season. Drinkwater vs Watford last season and Kasper's last minute penalty save vs Boro in the snow. Damn, we've dicked over Boro in injury time a few times under Pearson.

Dunno if it's been mentioned but definitely my favourite moment was from a video someone posted on here. Sunderland away from a phone in the crowd. He went mental giving it the big one to the fans, throwing his hands up in the air time and again, clenching his fists, screaming. Job done. To think from that to this. Sickening.

That's one of my favourites too but it was at Burnley.

Guest ttfn

Some great shouts in there, particularly QPR away in 2009. Probably the best away performance I saw from a Pearson side (relative to the ability of the players on display). Rangers were flying and we barely gave them a sniff.

I've been to probably 60% of the games under Pearson and it seems like I've missed about 3/4 of people's greatest moments - wasn't there for Cheltenham, Hereford or Leeds in League 1, Forest in the Championship, Liverpool at Anfield, West Ham at home - thank god I was there for the man united game!

Cardiff's post :cry:

King's header at Cardiff in the playoffs, Lloyd's unintended lob at Huddersfield. Ulloa at Stoke. King last minute home to Plymouth or him again at Preston to get us in the play offs. Christ.

Drinky at home to Watford. Knocky going to the dentist at Hudds. Another Lloyd late one at Boro one Tuesday night.

This man made you travel from Sheffield to Yeovil and back the night before an exam without even thinking about it. We might get someone invoking as many similar memories but it'll be a miracle.

Forest away (2-3). I bought a ticket from Nugent's sister on the morning of the game via twitter. What a game.

Other highlights:

Knockaert's scorpion kick away at Huddlesfield.

Man Utd 5-3.

7 wins from the last 9.

Thanks, Nige.

Archived