Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Nervous Feeling

So a few days ago we had Pearson in charge and thought we'd be going in to the new season with him at the helm. We knew his preferences in the transfer market, we knew the effort he demands from the players and we knew he can keep us in this division. Everything seemed to be heading in the right direction.

Now it feels like their is a huge decision to make and that our premier league future depends on the owners getting this next appointment right. So far they've got a 50% success rate in that field so it's really a flip of the coin as to whether they'll get it right.

They could play it safe and go for Allardyce which looks the closest to a like for like swap with Nige. Not the most exciting prospect but it keeps us on a similar path imo

They could also plump for Hiddink who has an impressive cv at some of the top top clubs and also has PL experience. The thing that worries me with him is I'd expect him to sign some big names on big money and we've seen how that can go wrong (QPR, Sven). Infiltrating these big time Charlie's into our honest hard working squad could present problems

Other targets like Lennon, Dyche and Redknapp just don't seem in any way viable to me but you never know.

Hopefully the owners are still 100% committed to us and make a sensible and well reasoned appointment that keeps us where we belong. Time will tell

Was full of hope that we'd continue building, was very happy with our signings and possible midfield interests and confident we'd not only have a more 'even' season than last, but go the next level and establish ourselves as a top 10 team.

Gutted we've rolled the dice on a short-termism, has-been mercenary who's record over past decade is nothing more than collecting big paydays, which he has in common with his signings for Anzhi Makhachkala et al

Sven 2.0!

It may work, but to what end? We'll have to get another manager in a year or so anyway and that's no way to build anything, they've essentially rolled the dice.

Just like Sven's 'Championship all-star' team, get ready for it not to feel like our club again as player after player arrives for nothing more than payday and quality player after quality player is forced out for a bunch of mercenaries.

Hardwork, spirit and talent trumps talent alone

My worry is that with Pearson, it felt like he would be here for the next 10 years, slowly building us up.

With Guus, he'll be year a year or two, and then he'll leave when he his 70...and he's not going to have the same affinity with our club as Pearson had. He won't have the same energy and will he be as commuted to the club? Is it just one final big pay packet?

I'm gutted Pearson's left, but I'd rather see a slightly younger manager come in who will steer us to safety next season and then be with us for 4-5 years, minimum.

My worry is that with Pearson, it felt like he would be here for the next 10 years, slowly building us up.

With Guus, he'll be year a year or two, and then he'll leave when he his 70...and he's not going to have the same affinity with our club as Pearson had. He won't have the same energy and will he be as commuted to the club? Is it just one final big pay packet?

I'm gutted Pearson's left, but I'd rather see a slightly younger manager come in who will steer us to safety next season and then be with us for 4-5 years, minimum.

He'll be fine , he'll have a bus pass and a mobility scooter, so commuting won't be a problem.

I couldn't agree more, this will be short termism from Hiddink and not a project.

Let's bring in a bright young manager with drive and ambition. Qualities that I feel will be lacking with Hiddink.

I couldn't agree more, this will be short termism from Hiddink and not a project.

Let's bring in a bright young manager with drive and ambition. Qualities that I feel will be lacking with Hiddink.

I agree with the sentiment, but who?

Lennon would be a mistake imo and can't think of many others that fill me with hope. If Hiddink comes in with a younger assistant and hands the reigns over after a season or two then I can accept that but as you and others have said it does seem short term

I agree with the sentiment, but who?

Lennon would be a mistake imo and can't think of many others that fill me with hope. If Hiddink comes in with a younger assistant and hands the reigns over after a season or two then I can accept that but as you and others have said it does seem short term

Lennon hasn't showed anything like he's got an ounce of the quality required

Very suspicious of Hiddink, both his motives and his ability since WC2002, 13 years ago. None of the other names mentioned are any better and some of them a whole lot worse than NP

The owners don't seem to have any knowledge whatsoever to unearth a Pochettino type, I can't believe Karanka isn't being looked at.

If Pearson did as well as some people think he would have, ie top ten finish, he'd more than likely be looking at moving on to a bigger club anyway, so we'd have only ended up in the same position.

Only substantially wealthier. Premiership survival into 2016 -2017 is imperative. 

If Pearson did as well as some people think he would have, ie top ten finish, he'd more than likely be looking at moving on to a bigger club anyway, so we'd have only ended up in the same position.

We'd have secured another season in the Prem, Nigel would have got the reward his hard work deserves and the transition would be easier for us because the fans and players wouldn't feel like they've been stabbed in the back by the owners. Not exactly the same position.

Guus has a proven track record in management and he doesn't strike me as the kind of manager to buy mercenaries. Sven on the other hand never had a plan B for when we were not getting the results, he was not the right man for us at the time.

Now we are a premiership team with better facilities, better finances, better infrastructure... perhaps now is the time for a manager like Hiddink to push us forward, after all... who else is there? Cotterill? Nah! 

We'd have secured another season in the Prem, Nigel would have got the reward his hard work deserves and the transition would be easier for us because the fans and players wouldn't feel like they've been stabbed in the back by the owners. Not exactly the same position.

I don't feel stabbed in the back and you don't speak for the players either so that's just utter nonsense.

Archived