Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Nervous Feeling

Am I the only one who doubts the ability of the club to make a progressive appointment?

We've seen how Koeman has done at Southampton, an appointment in the same vein as him would be excellent, but I just don't see our board being forward thinking enough.

Look at their history - Sousa (albeit with Mandaric's involvement), Sven, and then it was third time lucky with Pearson. Though I doubt he would have been brought in if he'd have had no history with the club.

Now we're looking at new candidates; Lennon is only in the frame because he's perceived to be a fans favourite. And Hiddink is only in the frame because he's a big name. Yes, he's had a good career, but his last few roles have been ropey at best. He's certainly not a medium or long term option, he'll be here for 2 years max and then we'll be going through all of this again. 

Peolle said the same about last season, and two seasons ago, and two seasons before that etc. Premiership TV money has been going up for a long time.

Last season, the season before that and two seasons ago was prior to Scudamore's astronomical £5.61b deal - a meteoric and unprecedented increase of 70% which is (if you pardon the pun) game changing - particularly since the current  FFP regulations expire at the end of the 2016 season. 

Financially there is already a significant disparity  between the Premier League and the Championship, where clubs currently receive around £4 million a season, comprising £1.9 million central distribution from the Football League deal plus a £2.3 million solidarity payment from the Premier League. Those clubs relegated from the Premier League receive a parachute payment, which was £24 million for year 1 in the 2013/14 season, in place of the solidarity payment.

The upshot is that the majority of clubs in the Championship last season received a massive £58 million less than the club that finished bottom in the Premier League. Those clubs receiving parachute payments had £22 million more than a “normal” Championship club, but still £36 million less than the lowest Premier League club.

Crucially - from 2016/17 that gap is likely to become an yawning chasm, despite the Football League announcing what they described as “a significant financial boost on two fronts” with an extension to the current broadcasting agreement with Sky Sports and a new (higher) mechanism being put in place for the solidarity agreement. We'll see.

There is also the contentious issue of the stadium expansion scheduled for next summer to consider. 

So no, it is not the same as "last season, and two seasons ago, and two seasons before that etc."

Well, I was feeling a little bit down after the Pearson sacking, and logged on to Foxestalk today expecting to see nothing more to cheer me up, but it looks as though transfers are still being processed (Kante, Austin, etc), and I am starting to feeling happier again, even a little excited.  We are being linked with some players that will be useful additions to the squad.

Am I the only one who doubts the ability of the club to make a progressive appointment?

We've seen how Koeman has done at Southampton, an appointment in the same vein as him would be excellent, but I just don't see our board being forward thinking enough.

Look at their history - Sousa (albeit with Mandaric's involvement), Sven, and then it was third time lucky with Pearson. Though I doubt he would have been brought in if he'd have had no history with the club.

Now we're looking at new candidates; Lennon is only in the frame because he's perceived to be a fans favourite. And Hiddink is only in the frame because he's a big name. Yes, he's had a good career, but his last few roles have been ropey at best. He's certainly not a medium or long term option, he'll be here for 2 years max and then we'll be going through all of this again.

And Pochettino before him

Our owners only know enough to want a 'name' for their King Power vanity project, Sousa... Flopped... Sven could've ruined us... When the 'names' didn't work, they didn't know ow anything beyond looking up ex-managers. MoN (thankfully) turned them down so Pearson...

And boy did they strike it lucky with £70m-ish last season as well as the forthcoming one, plus a parachute payment of another £60m if we go down

I'm surprised they never made Pearson a prince

Anyway, now we know their true colours and we've just to hope the 'name' they emoy is a damn site better than the last two... And if it's Hiddink, let's hope it works out better than his past 10years

Well, I was feeling a little bit down after the Pearson sacking, and logged on to Foxestalk today expecting to see nothing more to cheer me up, but it looks as though transfers are still being processed (Kante, Austin, etc), and I am starting to feeling happier again, even a little excited. We are being linked with some players that will be useful additions to the squad.

Bad press?

I know, stick and unrealistic bid in for a forward when we already have 10

Sad as it is whoever gets the gig we've got to get behind them and the team 100%. There is no other way. Unless is Dyche - in which case mass protests, bonfires of season tickets and whatever else we can think of.

Mind you might be fun to hear him say that we are the market leaders.

The club is going through a transitional period, nobody knows what's going to happen.

Pearson divided people. For the record, I never liked him, but I was happy with the job he was doing and thought he'd be in charge until at least October. Despite my personal feelings on the manager, I always backed the team.

Some people on here and Twitter are acting like the club is going under. It's almost like some people are in bereavement because a manager has gone. Why?

Leicester City has existed for a hell of a long time before Pearson and the Thais, it'll exist for a hell of a long time after.

Who cares how many strikers we have on the books? I don't. As long as whoever is on the pitch sticks the ball in the net.

In all seriousness, with the new TV deal kicking in after the upcoming season, do you really think the owners are going to jeopardise with that sort of income?

If we end up as the next Portsmouth, god forbid, I'll still be there.

If we end up as the next Manchester City, I'll still be there and proud to say I have been since birth.

It's sport. It's a gamble. Let's roll the dice.

Enjoy the ride, it's part of being a Leicester City fan. 

It's exciting, appointing Hiddink would show how ambitious our owners are. Sacking Pearson was probably their biggest and controversial decision since they've arrived at the club. So far most of there decisions have worked.

One

-----

If it is to be him, let's hope he can find what he used to have, not what he brought to his last 3 jobs Turkey, Anzhi Makhachkala & Dutch national team

In answer to your question, I was confident we were on a path forward and now we've gambled on taking another path and I don't know where it leads. I'm frustrated by this.

That's understandable but what's annoying is other people saying we are doing a QPR and will get relegated and be bankrupt.   All I can see is that we are looking for a new manager and have bid on a top English striker. People need to calm down and stop with all the doom and gloom!

I definitely didn't want Pearson gone but I am not going to write of the season already and declare us the new QPR  :blink:

Guest MattP

It's really no different to when O'Neill left except there was no social media and no target for anger.

It's massively different, MON chose to leave.

This is the first time in this club's history we have actually dismissed a successful manager. Something we have always found so hard to find.

So a few days ago we had Pearson in charge and thought we'd be going in to the new season with him at the helm. We knew his preferences in the transfer market, we knew the effort he demands from the players and we knew he can keep us in this division. Everything seemed to be heading in the right direction.

Now it feels like their is a huge decision to make and that our premier league future depends on the owners getting this next appointment right. So far they've got a 50% success rate in that field so it's really a flip of the coin as to whether they'll get it right.

They could play it safe and go for Allardyce which looks the closest to a like for like swap with Nige. Not the most exciting prospect but it keeps us on a similar path imo

They could also plump for Hiddink who has an impressive cv at some of the top top clubs and also has PL experience. The thing that worries me with him is I'd expect him to sign some big names on big money and we've seen how that can go wrong (QPR, Sven). Infiltrating these big time Charlie's into our honest hard working squad could present problems

Other targets like Lennon, Dyche and Redknapp just don't seem in any way viable to me but you never know.

Hopefully the owners are still 100% committed to us and make a sensible and well reasoned appointment that keeps us where we belong. Time will tell

Austin is the only Charlie we have been linked with so far.

Sorry I couldn't resist :ph34r:

I genuinely wouldn't be that against dyche, he isn't perfect by any means but he ticks more boxes than most on the list, imo.

My nerves are for people like hiddink, redknapp etc. I hate the thought of a short term appointment, it's that kind of mentality that puts me off football altogether.

Someone up and coming who will patiently build, and has a strong character and decent ethics please.

It's exciting, appointing Hiddink would show how ambitious our owners are. Sacking Pearson was probably their biggest and controversial decision since they've arrived at the club. So far most of there decisions have worked.

Appointing Pearson.  That's one.  What else?

Guest Cujek

Last season, the season before that and two seasons ago was prior to Scudamore's astronomical £5.61b deal - a meteoric and unprecedented increase of 70% which is (if you pardon the pun) game changing - particularly since the current  FFP regulations expire at the end of the 2016 season. 

Financially there is already a significant disparity  between the Premier League and the Championship, where clubs currently receive around £4 million a season, comprising £1.9 million central distribution from the Football League deal plus a £2.3 million solidarity payment from the Premier League. Those clubs relegated from the Premier League receive a parachute payment, which was £24 million for year 1 in the 2013/14 season, in place of the solidarity payment.

The upshot is that the majority of clubs in the Championship last season received a massive £58 million less than the club that finished bottom in the Premier League. Those clubs receiving parachute payments had £22 million more than a “normal” Championship club, but still £36 million less than the lowest Premier League club.

Crucially - from 2016/17 that gap is likely to become an yawning chasm, despite the Football League announcing what they described as “a significant financial boost on two fronts” with an extension to the current broadcasting agreement with Sky Sports and a new (higher) mechanism being put in place for the solidarity agreement. We'll see.

There is also the contentious issue of the stadium expansion scheduled for next summer to consider. 

So no, it is not the same as "last season, and two seasons ago, and two seasons before that etc."

When you put it like that, it seems kind of unsustainable, no?

I wiuld love to know the last manager to be sacked in this country after winning seven of his last nine games.

Only club I can think of anywhere who have probably done it at least once is Real Madrid.

Jorn Anderson whilst managing Mainz?

Bit of a guess though!

(Edit: misread post, so obviously not in this country!)

I wiuld love to know the last manager to be sacked in this country after winning seven of his last nine games.

Only club I can think of anywhere who have probably done it at least once is Real Madrid.

We are massive.

I think I'll edit just to point out that the hobgoblin is easing my nerves superbly. I reckon I could be arguing the benefits of coterill by the end of the night. lol

Whatever happens we have to thank NP for dragging our club into 21st century .The back up team both in terms of player fitness/management and recruitment appears to be first class.For that reason I am less worried than when past managers have left

As fans I think we deserve to know the reasons why one of the most successful managers in our clubs history has been sacked.

Though to be honest I wouldn't trust them to tell the truth and explain what has really gone on. People praise them for keeping a low profile and not saying much, but when something like this happens I think we deserve to know the reasoning behind it.

My worry is that with Pearson, it felt like he would be here for the next 10 years, slowly building us up.

With Guus, he'll be year a year or two, and then he'll leave when he his 70...and he's not going to have the same affinity with our club as Pearson had. He won't have the same energy and will he be as commuted to the club? Is it just one final big pay packet?

I'm gutted Pearson's left, but I'd rather see a slightly younger manager come in who will steer us to safety next season and then be with us for 4-5 years, minimum.

Neil Lennon. 

Whatever happens we have to thank NP for dragging our club into 21st century .The back up team both in terms of player fitness/management and recruitment appears to be first class.For that reason I am less worried than when past managers have left

I agree. Without Pearson we wouldn't be where we are today. 

So a few days ago we had Pearson in charge and thought we'd be going in to the new season with him at the helm. We knew his preferences in the transfer market, we knew the effort he demands from the players and we knew he can keep us in this division. Everything seemed to be heading in the right direction.

Now it feels like their is a huge decision to make and that our premier league future depends on the owners getting this next appointment right. So far they've got a 50% success rate in that field so it's really a flip of the coin as to whether they'll get it right.

They could play it safe and go for Allardyce which looks the closest to a like for like swap with Nige. Not the most exciting prospect but it keeps us on a similar path imo

They could also plump for Hiddink who has an impressive cv at some of the top top clubs and also has PL experience. The thing that worries me with him is I'd expect him to sign some big names on big money and we've seen how that can go wrong (QPR, Sven). Infiltrating these big time Charlie's into our honest hard working squad could present problems

Other targets like Lennon, Dyche and Redknapp just don't seem in any way viable to me but you never know.

Hopefully the owners are still 100% committed to us and make a sensible and well reasoned appointment that keeps us where we belong. Time will tell

I flipped a coin, i got heads... what's heads?

Archived