Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NeilLCFC

WTF is going on?!

it is clear now - they want high 1st team top 10 quality not just to start games but in every position on the bench and even with some of equal quality not making the bench.

Hammond is the only exception and I think he signed damn quick when he realised his contract offer may get withdrawn if he hesitated.

this puts at risk many such as Nugent, drinkwater, Maybe even Morgan, etc

Agree with this, Vardy cut it at the back end of last season, but can he consistently perform week in week out for the next 2-3 seasons? Same goes for Nugent.

Personally I think a mass re-vamp will either make or break the club. Pearson seemed to do it bit by bit, this transfer window seems like they're doing it in one swoop!

it is clear now - they want high 1st team top 10 quality not just to start games but in every position on the bench and even with some of equal quality not making the bench.

Hammond is the only exception and I think he signed damn quick when he realised his contract offer may get withdrawn if he hesitated.

this puts at risk many such as Nugent, drinkwater, Maybe even Morgan, etc

I think their ambition is greater than we can comprehend

Feels like Vichai and Top have been let off the leash. They prob always were a bit mental (look at the Sven era), but having NP on charge reigned them in a bit. Now they're acting like kids whose teacher had to leave out the classroom. Fun, but they aint learning anything.

I'm not too concerned that Top and Vichai are on some mad shopping spree. I think these were targets we have had in place for some time now and they are simply giving Rudkin the green light on how much he can spend. I think Walsh is still very much on top of things, otherwise surely he would have left with Pearson if his role was being bypassed.

Don't forget that these owners are damn rich! They want European football, and sooner the better so they have to splash some cash to give that a go and no one can moan about the type of signings we have made or are trying to make so far.  Onwards and upwards!!

Feels like Vichai and Top have been let off the leash. They prob always were a bit mental (look at the Sven era), but having NP on charge reigned them in a bit. Now they're acting like kids whose teacher had to leave out the classroom. Fun, but they aint learning anything.

This is the Mad Dod and Sven days all over again.

Oh, well. It was nice while it lasted.

This is the Mad Dod and Sven days all over again.

Oh, well. It was nice while it lasted.

This doesn't make sense though.  We could be sat here right now with Pearson still in charge and all these bids etc would probably have still gone through on the same day for the same value.  We are never going to know.  But the point is, had we have bid 12 million today for Austin and Pearson was in charge, the fans, universally would have been over the moon.  But all of a sudden, because its happening and he's not here its like we've gone off the rails, but in effect, these bids were all probably going to happen anyway.

WTF did you think they would do? Panic? hide? Cease to function as a club?

We have identified targets and will not wait and see what happens. It is commonplace these days and how most clubs are run, hopefully the targets have been identified to complement our footballing philosophy.

Archived