Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Kasabian Pull No Punches

Id argue he would have as much affection for this club than anybody else.

He is the one that worked 6 days a week, everyday on the training ground over many years. Coaching players, watching them improve.

He built this team, experienced the lows and was rewarded with the highs.

Some of you turn up every other match day. He was there everyday.

He put more heart and soul into this club in 6 years than some City 'fans' have done in their lifetime.

Get a grip. He was paid a millions quid a year. I'd sleep on forest's training ground and never leave the place for that kind of money. Doesn't mean I'd be putting my heart and soul into it lol

There are plenty of first hand accounts of Nigel being difficult to deal with, he had problems with people like Rudkin, the owners and plenty of the press, I'm not sur how arguing with Rudkin is an act to protect the team. I liked Pearson but as someone who has to direct people I can understand that he was difficult to deal with, if I owned city and the manager was as difficult as NP I'd show him the door.

Even despite all the success? That just doesn't any sense. Why aren't the same accusations levelled at Rudkin? (I've met him by the way and he is a very charming man, but presumably those levelling NP haven't met either).

People clash with their colleagues all the time. They challenge each other and often it is good for business. You must know that.

I am still yet to read any genuine testimony on this. All I have to go on is the way the players spoke about him and the interaction they showed on matchdays. And the one time I met him which was an absolute pleasure.

I would really just like to know why people had it in for him throughout his tenure. Let's not kid ourselves that it started this season with various incidents. People have been calling him arrogant for 7 years and to me it's laughable.

It's over now and everyone needs to move on and support the new manager. But at the moment it's an open wound for many so of course people are going to continue to get riled when the counter argument is so full of conjecture.

Get a grip. He was paid a millions quid a year. I'd sleep on forest's training ground and never leave the place for that kind of money. Doesn't mean I'd be putting my heart and soul into it lol

So by your logic there's a level of money at which people stop being dedicated to their job and career and loyal to their employer? I've read some daft things on here but that has to be up there, bravo.

I'd give up for a while if I were you otherwise the whole place will have you on ignore and you'll end up trolling yourself.

You are so far up Pearson back side you can see the wood for the trees. I can't wait to see what club is crazy enough to take him and his son on next!! We will at least be able to laugh at him from afar.

While our succession of head coaches are struggling to gel together a team of players signed by our owners, overspending massively, with no consideration of whether those players will fit in with the existing players and getting sacked for it (that's the way we currently appear to be heading) and Pearson gets another team promoted and that team then overtakes us, run sensibly on a budget, are you going to be laughing?

I certainly won't be.

This Serge and Tom are top blokes, Ive known them since I was 13 and they have always been the way you see them today...always up for banter and always having an opinion....why cant someone have an opinion!

I have always backed Pearson, even when many on here were bashing him and saying he had to go...but at the same time Im not sad to see him go....Ill only be sad if I am not impressed with the chosen next manager.

I just don't get why I didn't hear that opinion from them last season, or even the season before?

While our succession of head coaches are struggling to gel together a team of players signed by our owners, overspending massively, with no consideration of whether those players will fit in with the existing players and getting sacked for it (that's the way we currently appear to be heading) and Pearson gets another team promoted and that team then overtakes us, run sensibly on a budget, are you going to be laughing?

I certainly won't be.

I fully supported Pearson even last season when a lot were saying he should go I could see us getting out of trouble, and if not he would have been, in my opinion, the best man to get us back up. But you have to get over it otherwise you'll become the new haters on the forum looking for and critiscising every bad result, decision, tactic and interview.

The next manager may be great, he may spend the money wisely on a better calibre of player pushing us into the top ten and beyond, Pearson isn't the only good manager out there. And likewise Pearson could have a nightmare at his next club, or turn out to be a regular relegation scrapper. Whatever happens, support the club, the owners have and are great for our club, never have we been as secure and stable as we are now and we have never shown as much ambition. Nothing much has changed at the club, a new man will come in and things will continue. Support Leicester, our club, no one is bigger than the club.

The Kasabian lads didnt say he was a shit manager so the fact that he's statistically up there with the best our club have had is by the by. They said he's basically an arsehole and with the owners firing him for non footballing reasons, you gotta think there may just be a little something in that.

That aside, defending him is fine but dont turn into a 9 year old girl doing it. Saying Kasabian are shit and nobody has heard of them outside of Leicester etc etc is laughable and frankly a bit pathetic to read and gives the extreme anti-Pearson mob ammunition to fire back.

Pearson was let go, (lets say it again) for non football reasons. His record isnt in doubt so using it for reasoning against his sacking or defence against critisism if the like the Kasabian lads have dished out is just pointless.

Think most are reading too much into what's been said.

On a red carpet at an awards ceremony, they need to publicise themselves more than colleagues. So make a throwaway comment which gets more coverage. I couldn't even tell you what awards they were at.

Yep, some very good points there, eloquently made. Fair play, but can't help but feel you've taken my comments out of context.

I'm not arguing that Pearson did a fantastic job here and of course people are going to defend him, especially when they are still reeling from the news of him leaving. There is a fine line though for me before that turns into a blind defence of all things Pearson, with anyone not in full agreement or who has a slightly different opinion lambasted and labelled as a Pearson hater. 

I most certainly wasn't a Pearson hater, but to me the words Tom Meighan used to describe Pearson were bang on the nose. Where did I say that people should be 'glad' of his exit? My comments were in relation to this thread and the Meighan/Kasabian comments, which I agree with. I have a different opinion to some people, it happens, so get over it.

Once again, were they?  Do you know the man personally?  Perhaps he described his media persona on the nose, but our players have lined up over recent months to say he is nothing like that in person.

I've said it before but I think it's telling that precious few of his former players have ever had a bad word to say about the man. 

I also can't recall many of our players asking to leave when suggestions of a potential move to bigger clubs was on the cards.

Also, if supposed arrogance and stubbornness were reasons to sack a football manager then people like Ferguson, Mourinho, Van Gaal, even people like Allardyce and Billy ****ing Davies would have been bombed out the game years ago.  :rolleyes:

I just don't get why I didn't hear that opinion from them last season, or even the season before?

Maybe because of their love for the club and close ties with LCFC, they didnt want to rock to boat by being on record whilst Pearson was still with the club. Tom and Serge are life long supporters of LCFC so will have had a personal view like all people, they just didnt share with the media until now.

Side note, I always thought Serge would end up playing for Leicester rather than become a musician...he is an amazing footballer....as a kid he had a full size goal in his garden that he would use to practice with religiously.

While the opinions of Tom and Serge are just that, the opinions of Tom and Serge, they do speak to a wider 'truth', Pearson is viewed by many outside the club as an arrogant, rude bully. The Thais, for so long seen as benevolent overlords, are in this as a promotional activity for their brand and their nation, they cannot have a man perceived in the way that Pearson as heading that brand identity.

They kept faith with him, when less patient owners would have blinked, precisely because at least one of them had faith in his ability as a motivator and organiser of men and were rewarded. Rightly or wrongly; family, loyalty and honour are non negotiables a for these owners, note how Top undertook a Buddhist cleansing ceremony during the season in accordance with his fathers wishes, contrast with the conduct of our own manager's son and the formers rumoured desire to protect his son and spare him unemployment. Precisely when a display of humility was needed it seems non was forthcoming, that probably brought about the demise of our most successful manager in nearly 20 years.

We may disagree with the owners decision, you may disagree with Tom and Serge's assessment of the man, what we may all have to accept is that for the foreseeable future is that how we are perceived is perhaps as important (if not more so) than how we do. The 'pay off' may well be that we spend money on players and a manager in order to quickly alter the perception of the 'brand'

Finally got round to hearing the interview with Tom and Sergio. 

I know this will be unsurprising to many but I couldn't agree more with what they said.

I will say this in Nigel's defence though - he deserved to be told in a better circumstance.

The Kasabian lads didnt say he was a shit manager so the fact that he's statistically up there with the best our club have had is by the by. They said he's basically an arsehole and with the owners firing him for non footballing reasons, you gotta think there may just be a little something in that.

That aside, defending him is fine but dont turn into a 9 year old girl doing it. Saying Kasabian are shit and nobody has heard of them outside of Leicester etc etc is laughable and frankly a bit pathetic to read and gives the extreme anti-Pearson mob ammunition to fire back.

Pearson was let go, (lets say it again) for non football reasons. His record isnt in doubt so using it for reasoning against his sacking or defence against critisism if the like the Kasabian lads have dished out is just pointless.

It's not laughable or pathetic to say bland rock is shit.  I honestly have no idea how well known they are because like most people with taste I have no interest in their music, the only time I ever even read about them is when they get a mention on here.  What is pathetic is the amount of people who seem to think that because Kasabian support LCFC we should all support Kasabian, as though having a rock band for fans gives us precious bragging rights over other clubs, bragging rights which we can't afford to lose by putting them off LCFC with our pointing out that their opinion is horseshit.

Guest bennytwohats

People in this thread need to take a look at themselves! You're like a bunch of 13 year old girls commenting on a Justin Bieber YouTube video.

Del Boy llama - their opinion about Pearson is as valid as yours about them. We're all entitled to one. Does that make you crap at what you do?

I don't like their music - couple of songs are ok, but whether you like their music or not is irrelevant.

Maybe because of their love for the club and close ties with LCFC, they didnt want to rock to boat by being on record whilst Pearson was still with the club. Tom and Serge are life long supporters of LCFC so will have had a personal view like all people, they just didnt share with the media until now.

Side note, I always thought Serge would end up playing for Leicester rather than become a musician...he is an amazing footballer....as a kid he had a full size goal in his garden that he would use to practice with religiously.

meh, you say not wanting to rock the boat, I say cowards.

has anyone who actually knows him ever claimed he was negatively arrogant? don't most people who actually know more than his name and his interviews think he's a genuinely great guy? 

this is a shame, kinda like when gary and nige had a needless spat after his last "sacking", we're all meant to be on the same team. he was a great manager, no need to be a dick about him now he's gone. 

Are you listening, Ian Stringer?

Del Boy llama - their opinion about Pearson is as valid as yours about them. We're all entitled to one. Does that make you crap at what you do?

I don't like their music - couple of songs are ok, but whether you like their music or not is irrelevant.

It is, which is why I don't get why people are acting like we can't have a different opinion to KASABIAN GODS OF ROCK. Have you read some of the guff in this thread?  "Best rock band from the UK" my bleeding earhole.

Some of you really are monkeys!!!

This time last year everyone was w@nking off to kasabian,now they are losers,crap etc...just for saying something most people already know.

Get a grip lads,I know its stupid season but come on!!!!

The 'arrogant' tag that Pearson has been labeled with has always irked me, as it just seems to be a lazy caricature that doesn't tie in with any of the things he says in public. When has he ever bigged up his own credentials? Has he ever tried to take all the credit for himself? Tried to shift blame onto his players or other people? No. He always credited his backroom team and the players when things went well, and stood up to take blame when things went badly.

He could be thought of as being curt, and a bit blunt with the media, but a lot of that was down to his refusal to feed into the pointless guff that the tabloid sports media likes to perpetuate. He didn't comment on transfers, because he thought it disrespectful to other managers and the players involved.

And if we are truly honest, the arrogant tag could be thrown onto almost every sodding manager in the Premier League: Mourinho is massively arrogant, Van Gaal is too. Pulis has been accused of it, Sam Allardyce has always been arrogant. Brendan Rogers is arrogant. Harry Redknapp is pretty arrogant, the guy is a shameless self promoter. Tim Sherwood comes across as one of the biggest egotists anyone has ever seen, and the media lap it up. Maybe you couldn't say it about Roberto Martinez, and who knows about Pochettino - the guy spent his first season in England doing all his interviews with an interpreter, even though his English was perfectly good enough - almost as if he wanted to avoid all the bollocks the press generates. Kasabian themselves have often been labelled arrogant, especially the way they talk about some other musicians.

Archived