Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steve_Walsh5

Pearson's best signing

Pearson's best signing.  

369 members have voted

1. 1. Pearson's best signing over his two spells.

Really tough one, but I've gone for Vardy. We bought a player from the Conference, now he's a regular in the Premier League with an England cap to his name, has anyone else ever done that in such a short space of time? Absolutely pivotal in the 2013-14 promotion and crucial in our run-in last season.

Vardy for me. Bit of a gamble for an unproven striker but my god has it paid off! To sign him for £1m and then be talking about not wanting to take £15m for him shows how important he is to us

Honourable mentions to Dyer and Cambiasso

Dyer, the proto-Pearson-kind-of-player, cheap, hungry, hard worker, good attitude with some quality added in. He played about 250 games and he loved it here and we loved him. Just a shame how it ended.

tbf that is an amazing list of signings, especially if you look at the prices to go with them. 

i won't write about how good dyer was because i'll cry but what a signing he was. for free! heroic. 

• 4 weeks later...

I voted Mahrez.

For me the money we paid to pluck a player who couldn't get into the Algerian team out of obscurity then turn him into a regular player for his country and one of our key players in the Prem makes it the best overall signing.

Jamie Vardy - here longer than Cambiasso and clearly so committed you can sense his determination every time he steps on the field whether it's a Premiership game or a friendly. His spirit and attitude was an inspiration to all around him in our survival battle last season and the bloke just seems determined to learn and improve every day of every season.

To achieve England status was testimony to all that can be achieved if you want it enough and work hard enough to mirror the wanting.  What a bloke to have around. Others go close but Vardy's a class apart. He's 100% and nothing less.  

Archived