Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Have we got it all wrong?

It's not to do with the recruitment policy at all. If the board wanted to bring in a higher calibre of players them Pearson would have welcomed that. There's no loyalty in football when it comes to quality and results on te pitch

Again it wasn't directly a result of his sons actions. More the conduct of the group as a whole when they were in Thailand. They treated it as a lads piss up holiday (Pearson included). I mentioned that Nugent got sent home 3 days after arriving with alcohol poisoning. Other stories will come out over te next few weeks

In short the board lost trust and respect for Nigel and the way his attitude began to rub off on the players

Can't the modes merge all the "Pearson sacked - what/who's next.- I'm pissed off - blame them - they don't know what theyre doing - he was the greatest manager ever" threads into one collossal topic?

Or would that need servers the size of those of NASA?

When Nigel got sacked everybody assumed it was because of the scandal involving his son. I have a different theory. The press release said it was because the board and the manager had fundamental differences in perspective. Could it be that the owners wanted to buy certain players that Pearson didn't want? It all seems very strange.

'Non footballing reasons'

:shrug:

It's not to do with the recruitment policy at all. If the board wanted to bring in a higher calibre of players them Pearson would have welcomed that. There's no loyalty in football when it comes to quality and results on te pitch

Again it wasn't directly a result of his sons actions. More the conduct of the group as a whole when they were in Thailand. They treated it as a lads piss up holiday (Pearson included). I mentioned that Nugent got sent home 3 days after arriving with alcohol poisoning. Other stories will come out over te next few weeks

In short the board lost trust and respect for Nigel and the way his attitude began to rub off on the players

The same attitude that rubbed off on the players and kept us in the PL last season, not a dig at your post Qwerty.

I'm going to just copy and paste what I wrote in response to this in the Kasabian thread:

If that's the truth, then it's a fvcking disgrace.

If that's true, then it's like the owners either have very short memories, or just haven't been paying attention.

If that's the real reason that NP's gone, then I'd find it extremely difficult to forgive the owners, to be honest.

Why on Earth would you want to gamble big money, when you're achieving steady improvement, year after year, on a fairly modest budget?

If we end up relegated this season (which isn't unlikely now), and I found out this was true, I would be absolutely fvcking livid. It would mean we had wasted the one chance in 15 long years (and probably a lot longer, considering the quickly increasing gap to the Football League) to cement our place at the top table, over petty, idiotic bull5hit. I think I'd find it very difficult to ever get enthusiastic about football again after that point.

When you get hold of a manager like Pearson, who gets you higher up the league every season without fail, while spending sensibly, you should be doing everything in your power to keep hold of him and keep him happy. To think that we might have lost him because he wanted to spend LESS than the owners did! Sickening.

like i said the other day i heard from a friend who was at wba the day nigel got sacked as he is itk there. he told me pearson had been sacked about 6 hours before it hit the news but i didnt beleive him lol

he also said the thais were not happy that we only just survived relegation by a couple of games and they were looking at the bigger picture and the whole season and wanted to buy big and seriousley improve the squad . 

nigel thought the squad didnt need much apart from two or three signings and that where the differences happened. 

i caled it when okazaki was signed but nigel was nowhere to be seen but my thread was hammered by the usual grammar police and stupid replies squad and was closed :(

I think this is spot on. Usually managers walk because they dont get enough money but I think NP wanted to spend low and the owners wanted to splash the cash.

Hiring a new manager means you HAVE to give the money to work with and with approaching someone like Hiddink who likes a big transfer or two,it certainly points to that being the case!

This sounds feesable, I'm sure if these incidents had happened in Spain it would have blown

over quite quickly. The apparent tense relationship with the DOR will not have helped.

We will never fully know the truth unless vichai or top come clean and let the fans know what really went on but all we can say about this is that this is a brand-new era for Leicester City and whoever gets the Leicester hot seat can surely and fundamentally know that our owners will be backing financially giving the new boss huge amounts of money to make sure that one we stay in the premier League and two They want us to push for a European place ;) !

So we will just have to wait and see whether it is Hiddink,Klopp or Lennon and I think this shows the fans that doubt our owners how much they want success for Leicester city football club and with all the cash they are pumping in for both facilities and players shows you that they are in for the long haul !

The issue with letting the owners spend big is that suddenly everybody knows we are spending big. Prices inflate and wages go up. And as more players come in, the rest of the squad, who have actually delivered success for us, grow frustrated and want higher wages - leading to discontent.

Nigel knew this.

Well if i was to say what i`ve been told regarding Pearsons sacking, from a so called "reliable source", i would need to employ a very good lawyer in order not to be sued!

All i will say, is that if what i was told is true, then it was very much Thailand trip related! 

Whatever the truth, the fact remains that Pearson has gone, and the club and the fans need to move on, and fans need to stop with the blame game.

The owners have come in for some fearfull stick on here, but they have been a massive plus for our club, and the chances are pretty high, that without them we would be languishing in the bottom half of the championship at best.

Spending big money isn't the problem, never has been, and never will be. It's how you spend it that is important.

There is so much conjecture, and anger at Pearson's sacking, which is ludicrous, when no one truly knows the reason for it.

It is possible that his so called "sacking" during last season is in some way connected. He may have been given an ultimatum, which he did not adhere to. That however is again, mere conjecture, and not fact; and it is fact alone, upon which any judgement should be based.

The issue with letting the owners spend big is that suddenly everybody knows we are spending big. Prices inflate and wages go up. And as more players come in, the rest of the squad, who have actually delivered success for us, grow frustrated and want higher wages - leading to discontent.

Nigel knew this.

So, so true.

If a club suddenly starts splashing the cash (QPR + Man City) , other clubs will tag on to that.

Pearson's transfer policy was the way forward.

Well if i was to say what i`ve been told regarding Pearsons sacking, from a so called "reliable source", i would need to employ a very good lawyer in order not to be sued!

All i will say, is that if what i was told is true, then it was very much Thailand trip related! 

Whatever the truth, the fact remains that Pearson has gone, and the club and the fans need to move on, and fans need to stop with the blame game.

The owners have come in for some fearfull stick on here, but they have been a massive plus for our club, and the chances are pretty high, that without them we would be languishing in the bottom half of the championship at best.

For me it is a trust thing. The owners go on about honour and respect, but this doesn't seem to filter down to the fans. If they were honest with us and stopped hiding behind gobbledygook wording, everyone would then be able to move on. A man has lost his job, if he was in breach of contract say so, if he was not in breach of contract, then we know the owners say one thing, but do another. In thelatter case the "fearful stick" would seem warranted.

Naive of me to think we will ever know what truly happened, but now we are staying in the prem, the owners seem to want a more hands on approach in an industry they don't know much about. A recipe for disaster, only time will tell, but I ain't too confident.

If you can't say what you know, why say anything? You might as well have said he was sacked 'due to a breakdown in relationship with the owners.'

My Mrs goes shopping every week at Asda, she really likes a couple of the staff. Well if she goes in next week and finds out one as left the job don't think she will be able to storm into the managers office and demand and get an explanation. There are 2 sides to this  story and I haven't seen one yet. (Would be ironic if the Sunday Mirror has a Pearson exclusive tomorrow.)

I think this is plausible.

Seeing as Walsh came out and said they'd been watching Okazaki for 2 years, and tried to sign him before etc - either he was lying, or maybe the scouting network had differences of opinion with NP in terms of recruitment.

I had assumed that Walsh (and Shakey...) would follow NP out, but this suggests they - or a least Walsh - might not.

I would consider it quite possible that the scouting network were given a direct order from vichai to find a player who would increase our marketability in the Asian sub-continent. That could be why we have watched him for so long..

For me it is a trust thing. The owners go on about honour and respect, but this doesn't seem to filter down to the fans. If they were honest with us and stopped hiding behind gobbledygook wording, everyone would then be able to move on. A man has lost his job, if he was in breach of contract say so, if he was not in breach of contract, then we know the owners say one thing, but do another. In thelatter case the "fearful stick" would seem warranted.

Naive of me to think we will ever know what truly happened, but now we are staying in the prem, the owners seem to want a more hands on approach in an industry they don't know much about. A recipe for disaster, only time will tell, but I ain't too confident.

too much information could divide opinion further

too much information could give rise to a legal claim

no matter how much info they provide, there will be challenge so best to keep it short and sweet for all concerned, them, the club image, Pearson even

If they slate him, it's no good for him and our next manager may think - fook that i'm not going there

they are hardly going to say - we screwed him

they say it was breach of contract, they aren't saying anything

oh and they are grateful for what he has done too I imagine so it won't go down with most people if you do slate him even if you give good reasons

etc etc

if we are to be the next Manchester City or Chelsea,we have got to take risks with signings,i wonder how their fans felt when they started throwing money about.

its an exciting time and lets just enjoy the ride

Yes t subscribe to this theory - if it was Thailand tour related it would surely have happened weeks ago. The problem is we are trying to sign players with no consideration as to what formation/style we want to play, the new arrivals will unsettle those already here as they did under Sven, and the whole thing took NFP two years to unravel. I really can't believe he ownerS are about to make the same mistake again. I don't mind us signing Austin at all ( if we can) but you look at the squad and don t think what that needs is another striker. We need a 4 4 2 right back and midfield reinforcements.

"It has become clear that fundamental differences in perspective exist between us," was the reason for NP leaving according to LCFC.

I had been puzzled why the sacking was several weeks after the Thailand tour and the subsequent sacking of 3 players; that time line does not make sense. However, disagreement about transfers does, and fits in with the official reason for NP going. This theory is reinforced by the bid for Austin days after NP left; he was not involved with who was brought in which would explain why he 'went missing' from the media. 

(I'd prefer to have Austin, a proven goal-scorer at QPR's asking price, than the over priced Okasaki: better at Mainz but 13 goals in 83 games at Stuttgart suggests he is not any better than we have already.)

like i said the other day i heard from a friend who was at wba the day nigel got sacked as he is itk there. he told me pearson had been sacked about 6 hours before it hit the news but i didnt beleive him lol .

he also said the thais were not happy that we only just survived relegation by a couple of games and they were looking at the bigger picture and the whole season and wanted to buy big and seriousley improve the squad .

nigel thought the squad didnt need much apart from two or three signings and that where the differences happened.

i caled it when okazaki was signed but nigel was nowhere to be seen but my thread was hammered by the usual grammar police and stupid replies squad and was closed :(

YOU CALLED IT INDEED went back to bump it ant the thread was locked !!!! you were right on the ball there lad

Archived