Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc_ben

Will we hear Nigel's story?

If Nigel says anything about this he'd probably call a journalist a **** etc, and/or *give answers that suggest he wants to avoid them (*like he often did with Ian Stringer).

i really like the rudkin is the leicester city version of frank underwood theory, means i can somehow justify how the owners made the worst decision this club has made and blame it on some youth coach

re this

http://www.mirror.co...-after-6003978?

Nigel has been quoted as saying he didn't realise he had a waning relationship with the owners. This may be true.

It's quite possible he said the things reported in the paper.

It's quite possible he sounded off to those he works with more closely than the Thai's

It's quite possible one is Rudkin thinking it was just between them as Rudkin pushed for his son's exit but had to accept it

It's quite possible Rudkin put in on record Nigel's position to the Thai's to seal N. Pearson's exit and

it's quite possible the source close to Pearson in the article is....

Rudkin, having leaked this to the press to start re-building bridges with the fans.

It's quite possible I've just typed a load of crap.

End of the day If Nigel's son wasn't a willy puller we wouldn't be in this situation.

Further to that, I'm starting to get the impression that no body actually liked Nigel...it seems funny how so many of the people closely linked with the club seem to be quite relaxed about it, I know someone who works for the club, and he said that he's a tosser.

I don't think this will rattle the squad like many think, my opinion is that most respected him for football reasons, but didn't actually like him as a person, I can't imagine Albrighton putting in the owners door demanding answers, after all he was frozen out of the side for most of the season.

Well looking at the Mirror it looks like someone has put 2 and 2 together. If NP has stated the worse thing about it was being caught his PR skills are beyond repair. When the Thai trip orgy story broke pretty much everybody on here was calling for the players to be sacked and pretty much everybody on here agreed with the final outcome supporting the clubs decision to sack the players. It looks like due to the racist comments Hopper was shown the door pretty much straight away and the other 2 had their contracts terminated following due process.

The club could have followed the easy option and just let James Pearson's contract run out and not renew it, again have not seen any on here state he deserved a contract extension prior to the Thai trip. Perhaps just perhaps the club thought the matter resolved and Nigel had gone away on holiday to come to terms with it, there has been little heard from Nigel these last few weeks highlighted by not being around with the new signings brought in. They all look Nigel's sort of players and those we are linked with/bid on also seem Nigel's sort of players so the inability to resolve the Thai trip and move on would have come to a head.

Also lets be fair to the owners, Nigel's off field antics have been a PR disaster and he must have been walking on very thin ice and if failing to support the clubs actions over the Thai trip was the last straw something had to give and  the manager will go before the owners and if that is the case the owners got it right. Family loyalty is all well and good but sometimes that loyalty has to include admissions of being wrong.

Not sure if there was a poll on if FT supported sacking the players but thought everyone supported the club and if Nigel couldn't/wouldn't accept that it was a difference to far.

Also with the Thailand trip, it was the right thing to do ruined by a few supposed to be representing the club. After all Top and Vichai have done for the club is it that hard to go on a luxury all expenses paid jolly and behave yourselves. The 3 should have been honoured to have been invited.

Well looking at the Mirror it looks like someone has put 2 and 2 together. If NP has stated the worse thing about it was being caught his PR skills are beyond repair. When the Thai trip orgy story broke pretty much everybody on here was calling for the players to be sacked and pretty much everybody on here agreed with the final outcome supporting the clubs decision to sack the players. It looks like due to the racist comments Hopper was shown the door pretty much straight away and the other 2 had their contracts terminated following due process.

The club could have followed the easy option and just let James Pearson's contract run out and not renew it, again have not seen any on here state he deserved a contract extension prior to the Thai trip. Perhaps just perhaps the club thought the matter resolved and Nigel had gone away on holiday to come to terms with it, there has been little heard from Nigel these last few weeks highlighted by not being around with the new signings brought in. They all look Nigel's sort of players and those we are linked with/bid on also seem Nigel's sort of players so the inability to resolve the Thai trip and move on would have come to a head.

Also lets be fair to the owners, Nigel's off field antics have been a PR disaster and he must have been walking on very thin ice and if failing to support the clubs actions over the Thai trip was the last straw something had to give and  the manager will go before the owners and if that is the case the owners got it right. Family loyalty is all well and good but sometimes that loyalty has to include admissions of being wrong.

Not sure if there was a poll on if FT supported sacking the players but thought everyone supported the club and if Nigel couldn't/wouldn't accept that it was a difference to far.

Also with the Thailand trip, it was the right thing to do ruined by a few supposed to be representing the club. After all Top and Vichai have done for the club is it that hard to go on a luxury all expenses paid jolly and behave yourselves. The 3 should have been honoured to have been invited.

No, they haven't. You'll find most fans laughing at it or at most looking at it somewhat irritated - his sportive achievements with the club (winning run towards the end, achieving safety) have overshadowed the three "incidents" by far.

The only PR disaster I can think of was our former youth players taking on local hookers in a Thai hotel owned by the consortium that also unfortunately owns our own club. But even that debacle was handled with care and swiftly dealt with.

Guest bennytwohats

No, they haven't. You'll find most fans laughing at it or at most looking at it somewhat irritated - his sportive achievements with the club (winning run towards the end, achieving safety) have overshadowed the three "incidents" by far.

The only PR disaster I can think of was our former youth players taking on local hookers in a Thai hotel owned by the consortium that also unfortunately owns our own club. But even that debacle was handled with care and swiftly dealt with.

I'd disagree with that. Got a lot of non-Leicester mates as I'm living in London. Every single one of them has been of the opinion 'he had to go'. Personally I thought a lot of the PR gaffes like the ostrich situation were fairly embarrassing for the club. Despite the football success he has brought us I would agree that as a person he comes across as a bit of a weapon (whether he is or not in real life I don't know and is also irrelevant to the point).

Can pretty much guarantee that if it was someone like Dyche making these gaffes at another club the opinion on here would be a lot less forgiving.

I completely agree with everything in the quoted post. If Nige opposed the decision to sack the three players then I am glad the club got rid. Would have been an unforgivable position.

To be fair most of my mates support other teams and nearly all of them think Pearson is a pillock. Couldn't believe he was still in position.

I think most people in football applaud the dramatic Great Escape but just don't think Pearson really grasped the importance of PR.

To be fair most of my mates support other teams and nearly all of them think Pearson is a pillock. Couldn't believe he was still in position.

I think most people in football applaud the dramatic Great Escape but just don't think Pearson really grasped the importance of PR.

If Nigel Pearson was manager at Derby, Forest, Leeds or any other midtable championship club and he had as much success here as he did with them then their fans would love him no matter what he did in the press.

He's like a Robbie savage if he plays/ manages your club you'll like him and find it funny. If your an opposing fan you'd think he's an arrogant t*at.

Like the whole ostrich thing people thought he was an idiot and out of order, the players and staff found it hilarious and the chef even made him ostrich burgers the next day.

Personally really supported and rated Pearson but his media dealings can certainly split opinion, telling a fan to FOAD is not very clever, certainly not when you are bottom of the league and was a poor response. Having a public spat with Gary Lineker or falling out with the press was not good PR. He could have easily opted to speak to radio Leicester and should have been more than capable of putting Stringer in his place.

However it was not any old youth team players, his son was involved and that is what made the story so big. Agreed the owners handled the debacle with care but the facts are his son was involved. Perhaps as I posted earlier the  club could have taken the easy option and just let his son's contract run out, hindsight is a wonderful thing and probably all those on here calling for all 3 to be sacked would now have settled for Hopper being sacked, the keeper moving on and James Pearson not having his contract renewed.

Hate to think how much damage these 3 clowns did to the King Power image in Thailand and it now looks like they helped make Nigel's position untenable.

Who wouldn't when he's the person who's took us from League 1 to premiership survival in 5 whole seasons. 2 in which he won league titles and 2 in which we ended up in the playoffs.

Obviously Pearson is loved by some Leicester fans, because he was the public face of our success, rightly so, but he was just one man he wasn't indispensable and he can be replaced.

I think either he didn't realise this or didn't care, I find it hard to believe he didn't realise his relationship with the owners/people running the club was waning when he had been "sacked" not that long ago and seemingly not for the results on the pitch but his behaviour.

He must have known he was on thin ice and on a last warning which is why if he did shoot his mouth off over the sacking of his son he is totally to blame for this situation, or he just believed the great escape meant he was untouchable.

I don't know how much of that mirror article is genuine, but there is enough real evidence out there for me to easily believe he brought this on himself. Unfortunately so for him and the club, but the club moves on with another exciting season in the premier league while Pearson will be at home thinking about what could have been. Hopefully he uses his time in between jobs to get some media training as that is a huge part of the game at the top level and one he needs to learn to use to his advantage.

Personally really supported and rated Pearson but his media dealings can certainly split opinion, telling a fan to FOAD is not very clever, certainly not when you are bottom of the league and was a poor response. Having a public spat with Gary Lineker or falling out with the press was not good PR. He could have easily opted to speak to radio Leicester and should have been more than capable of putting Stringer in his place.

However it was not any old youth team players, his son was involved and that is what made the story so big. Agreed the owners handled the debacle with care but the facts are his son was involved. Perhaps as I posted earlier the club could have taken the easy option and just let his son's contract run out, hindsight is a wonderful thing and probably all those on here calling for all 3 to be sacked would now have settled for Hopper being sacked, the keeper moving on and James Pearson not having his contract renewed.

Hate to think how much damage these 3 clowns did to the King Power image in Thailand and it now looks like they helped make Nigel's position untenable.

Hadn't Pearson Junior already been offered a new contract? So wouldn't they have to actively retract that offer?

Either way sacking them sends out a clear message rather than letting their contracts run out.

Hadn't Pearson Junior already been offered a new contract? So wouldn't they have to actively retract that offer?

Either way sacking them sends out a clear message rather than letting their contracts run out.

That solves it then Captain if James Pearson had been offered a new contract it clearly shows the owners had a different plan to the manager. :ph34r:

I have always stood by Pearson and still believe that most of the PR stuff was done intentionally to take the pressure off of his players. Making everything about him allowed the players to be shielded from the wrath of the media. A huge contributing factor to our great escape! The guy is a legend and as for supporters of other teams who slate him they are clearly envious of his successes or desperately wanted to see us fail..  

:pearson:

The fact that Walsh fronted the new signing press conference for the first time and Pearson disappearing does add to the theory that he was asked or took time out to reflect.....and the outcome was dark.

If it was his son being the reason, we cant forget the amount of respect the club got for dealing with that in what is seen as the right way.

Archived