Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Pearson has gone, let's move on

Whether you were a Pearson supporter or a Pearson hater, he has gone now so let's move on.

I was down Grace Road yesterday and there were some fans singing "one Nigel Pearson". Amusing at the time but then I thought, I wouldn't want to hear that at our pre-season friendlies or in our first few games of the season, as we all need to get behind the team and whoever the new manager is.

Me? I was always pretty much on the fence with regards Pearson, but it's done now anyway. Lots of people have been on this site saying how much they trust the owners and feel we have much better owners compared to other clubs (imagine being a Newcastle, Cardiff, Hull supporter), well maybe we have to accept that on this one, the owners had just had enough of Pearson. The various things he did over the year ( FOAD, strangling players, Ostrich gate, his son and then POSSIBLY (we don't know) him defending his son) may not in our moral compass be that bad. But, if the owners were genuinely embarrassed by it all, well they own the club, so they probably feel it is their privilege to do what they feel is right.

So, let's move on, let's get behind the manager whoever it is (please God, not Redknapp).

At the moment we're a rudderless ship, moving on and rallying behind a cause is possible when an appointment is made.

Ive gone from hope of continual improvement to fear of becoming a bunch of chequebook charlie's again, but if that's the way it is, then I'll still support the club despite how awful a decision I think the owners made

I would move on if any of the replacements listed and being touted around were adequate but they're simply not.

It's worrying.

I keep using the phrase 'rock the boat', it didn't need rocking and I think it could be a disastrous move and the way we seem to be conducting business since the sacking is only gonna lead to one thing, I can see it all ending in tears

My concern is the sacking of Pearson does not appear to be a strategic move but more of a reactionary one by the club as there is still no sign of a Pearson replacement and pre-season is only just around the corner.

In the opinion of most supporters, whether pro or anti Pearson, the guy who has just been shown the door is one of the best post war managers we have had at the club and he has gone for what?

Agree that at some point we have to move on but for me at present unless we move in someone who will be an improvement on Pearson or we atleast get a clear definitive reason from the club as to why he has gone then the whole thing is just one big mess. I fear for the whole infrastructure of the club if key members of the back room staff also move on. 

One week ago I was planning trips to Lincoln and Mansfield with a real buzz about the new season and now I prepare for my Summer break knowing that someone will be appointed whilst I am away but quite frankly with the names being linked it does not fill me with a whole lot of confidence.

Had I have been at Grace Road last night I would have been chanting his name too - not in the hope of re-instatement because that is never going to happen but just out of frustration for what on the face of it looks like the most bizarre Premiership dismissal in the history of the league.

My concern is the sacking of Pearson does not appear to be a strategic move but more of a reactionary one by the club as there is still no sign of a Pearson replacement and pre-season is only just around the corner.

In the opinion of most supporters, whether pro or anti Pearson, the guy who has just been shown the door is one of the best post war managers we have had at the club and he has gone for what?

Agree that at some point we have to move on but for me at present unless we move in someone who will be an improvement on Pearson or we atleast get a clear definitive reason from the club as to why he has gone then the whole thing is just one big mess. I fear for the whole infrastructure of the club if key members of the back room staff also move on. 

One week ago I was planning trips to Lincoln and Mansfield with a real buzz about the new season and now I prepare for my Summer break knowing that someone will be appointed whilst I am away but quite frankly with the names being linked it does not fill me with a whole lot of confidence.

Had I have been at Grace Road last night I would have been chanting his name too - not in the hope of re-instatement because that is never going to happen but just out of frustration for what on the face of it looks like the most bizarre Premiership dismissal in the history of the league.

I wish he was still here...but it's not bizarre if he's been sacked because a working relationship between him and the owners is no longer viable. The Club stated this. Why do we need to know more?

Oh who cares now? Pearson Pearson Pearson. The horse is dead, stop flogging it.

To me its looking increasingly like Pearson wasn't in control of everything anyway. Far as I can tell the club is still being run the same as it was before. Masterminded by Walsh, rudkin and shakey. Chill out, no point worrying

I suppose we will hear 'One Nigel Pearson' every time we concede a goal or have a bad result?

That must be the biggest threat to our season but I expect some people will be so convinced by their self-righteous outrage that they will do it anyway.

Oh who cares now? Pearson Pearson Pearson. The horse is dead, stop flogging it.

To me its looking increasingly like Pearson wasn't in control of everything anyway. Far as I can tell the club is still being run the same as it was before. Masterminded by Walsh, rudkin and shakey. Chill out, no point worrying

When we were losing it was Pearson fully in control though right?

Sure I can move on but I need a clear explanation of why our most successful manager of recent times has been shown the door ( If he has done something heinous then fair enough ).....NP represented how I wanted our manager to be, Controversial, Gruff, Does not suffer fools, sometimes impatient with the press, outrageously unpredictable, Not a yes man ... Yeap sometimes a dick but there you go...all maverick successful football managers are complete dicks sometimes.....

The emotion on this is really building up now for me since Tuesday.....I began watching City in the 70's ( by the way fans were allot more stylish then ...amazing how you rarely saw bald fans in the 70's, what has happened to the male UK barnets since the 1980's onwards ? )

I miss Filbert Street ..... I hate coloured football boots ... although they have been great I still begrudge that our club is owned by a bunch of Thai businessmen ..... Am I suddenly falling out of love with modern football I ask myself ? ... Maybe so ... maybe so......

Whatever the stand point I love all City fans......but I really do feel like vomiting.....

Normally I am very excited about manager speculation,this time under the circumstances I am not.

You can have all the ability in the world,yet if you haven't got the togetherness and team spirit then you are going to struggle.

I just hope there is no backlash from the players.

People have every right to voice their displeasure at the clubs running. Fans chant that they want the manager out all the time, seems to me what the fans at GR did is just the other side of the coin.

If we have seen a dire display in the Sunderland game on August 8th I certainly wouldn't be against the singing of the Pearson chant to show our annoyance to the owners in attendance. In my opinion most of the players wouldn't mind, either.

Well those at Grace Rd should have been shouting at the players to push more singles and knock the balls into the gaps rather than aimless swipes at the ball than be talking about our former manager.

So true, that game was so winnable yesterday.

Archived