Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Stadium Works

Longer Pitch, trench for the electronic score boards and new 3g running track.

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/king-power-stadium-works-continue-2527866.aspx

While the summer sun may have had many dreaming of the beach, LCFC's ground staff have been working hard to ensure King Power Stadium’s pitch is once again ready for Barclays Premier League football.
Their meticulous efforts last season helped King Power Stadium build a solid reputation as one of the finest surface’s in the top-flight and in 2015/16 they’ll have even more work to do. 
That’s because from 1 June construction began on an extension to the pitch with the length being increased from 100m to 105m, along with a host of other works inside the ground. 

The Club have also installed sockets for rugby posts at either end in preparation for the Rugby World Cup this coming October. To accommodate this, 1.7 cubic metres of concrete was put in place to hold the 1.77m sockets that support the 17m high posts. 
As far as the pitch itself goes, it was seeded on 18 June and germinated after just six days. The first cut then took place this week as it begins to take shape ahead of the opening fixture against Sunderland on 8 August. 
Plenty of work has also been going on in the pitchside areas too, with new trenches dug to house the LED advertising boards and a brand new 3G artificial grass track. 

This track is a 2015 Rugby World Cup requirement and includes a 25mm shock pad and 60mm rubber infilled carpet to minimise the rise of injuries to players.

A lick of paint (particularly on the white pillars outside) would do no harm, too.

Unless it's a requirement for the rugby world cup, I can't see it happening.

why the running track, was Birch fúcking up the grass that bad?

It will be just down the one side I'd imagine.

Longer pitch is interesting, requested by Pearson to suit our counter attacking style or just simply for the Rugby World Cup?

The distance between each set of posts in Rugby is 100m, so I imagine they've had to make it longer to accommodate the try zone, or whatever the bit they fall over in is called.

Longer pitch is interesting, requested by Pearson to suit our counter attacking style or just simply for the Rugby World Cup?

We had to extend as It's to comply with premier league rules of having a pitch size of 105m x 68m

The only exceptions that are allowed 'if it is impossible to comply with rule K21 due to the ground's construction.'

The replica pitch at the training ground has also been extended to the same dimensions

Plenty of work has also been going on in the pitchside areas too, with new trenches dug to house the LED advertising boards and a brand new 3G artificial grass track. 

Because they were planted at the incorrect depth to start with - cost £100k - all paid for out of our season tickets no doubt

Because they were planted at the incorrect depth to start with - cost £100k - all paid for out of our season tickets no doubt

I'd imagine so, how else would they pay for improvements?

My immediate thought was, we're increasing the length to suit our counter attacking game, which we may no longer play. The Rugby World Cup theory makes more sense though.

All the money invested in these will be recouped within a match or two I suspect, and further more the world's attention on our sponsored stadium should also bring a few quid in for our owners.

I really hope the pitch doesn't get obliterated, we need it for Klopp's style of play...  :ph34r:

how long has the right hand foxes head been removed from the south stand? i hadn't noticed it before at matches.

Bloody years, ever since it changed from Walkers to King Power stadium. Family stand's the same.

They needed the white seats for the letters otherwise it could've stayed looking at the gaps.

It's the new frieze above on the roof that gets my OCD at every game, they just couldn't get the middle bit symmetrical.

I sit bang middle of SK2 and see the family stand one every time I get to my seat, drives me nuts.

ETA, not a great picture of it but this is my problem with the frieze. ;)

99da119a6736af5443d3193503d97c05_zpsvoxn

All the money invested in these will be recouped within a match or two I suspect, and further more the world's attention on our sponsored stadium should also bring a few quid in for our owners.

I really hope the pitch doesn't get obliterated, we need it for Klopp's style of play...  :ph34r:

All references to King Power will be covered up and the ground will be referred to as the City of Leicester Stadium of something similar.

I'd imagine so, how else would they pay for improvements?

My immediate thought was, we're increasing the length to suit our counter attacking game, which we may no longer play. The Rugby World Cup theory makes more sense though.

You completely missed the point that they were planted at the wrong depth in the first place

This "improvement" is nothing of the sort

This track is a 2015 Rugby World Cup requirement and includes a 25mm shock pad and 60mm rubber infilled carpet to minimise the rise of injuries to players.

Couldn't have said it better myself

Bloody years, ever since it changed from Walkers to King Power stadium. Family stand's the same.

They needed the white seats for the letters otherwise it could've stayed looking at the gaps.

It's the new frieze above on the roof that gets my OCD at every game, they just couldn't get the middle bit symmetrical.

I sit bang middle of SK2 and see the family stand one every time I get to my seat, drives me nuts.

ETA, not a great picture of it but this is my problem with the frieze. ;)

99da119a6736af5443d3193503d97c05_zpsvoxn

Its the missing right foxes head that drives my OCD mad even more that you half see it with the blue seats being a different blue colour 

Archived