Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Ranieri's Assistant Manager / Head Coach ?

Chris Powell possibly ?! I'm sure the owners can afford some compo for Huddersfield, now they haven't had to fork out for O'Neill, Lennon etc. Ranieri will need someone who knows City (and the current English game) and Shaky & Walsh will be off if / when Nige gets a new job.

someone on twitter said that part of the requirements for becoming manager were that shakey and walsh were to stay in their role. we shall see. 

If that's true then I do wonder whether part of reason Pearson was sacked, was also due to Shakesphere and Walsh having enough of his behaviour too.

Purely a guess, but they don't seem that cut up about his sacking as still here and possibly staying too!

Christian Damiano

This is Ranieri's assistant at Parma, Juventus, Roma, and Inter - has coached in England with Liverpool and Fulham, last role as Technical Coach for Inter. Unsure if he went to Monaco with Ranieri, think he could be settled in Italy - if not then I can see him coming in as a coach / possibly replacing Shaky as assistant.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11096/9401965/christian-damiano-top-coach-on-what-english-football-can-learn-from-europe

If that's true then I do wonder whether part of reason Pearson was sacked, was also due to Shakesphere and Walsh having enough of his behaviour too.

Purely a guess, but they don't seem that cut up about his sacking as still here and possibly staying too!

I said this quite early in the Pearson sacked thread; I wouldn't be shocked if they did follow him but I equally wouldn't be surprised if he had actually managed to pi** everyone off at some point last year and they had all had enough of him.

Guest bss9401

We are a premier league club. The owners would be very naive if they did not let Ranieri choose his own 1st team coaches. If he keeps Shakespeare and Walsh fine but it's his call.

If I was shakie or Walsh snore then I'd be looking at the situation and thinking what's my best opportunity for success??? 

Join the guy that we've known for a long time ... but that is a bit of a loose cannon and will eventually always get sacked for his attitude (sometimes despite achievements) .... or expand my training and experience with a world renowned manager like CR. I'd stick where I am.

lol

Just seen this.

As if Ranieri would ask for Powell to be his first team coach!

I don't think it was a question of Ranieri asking for Powell, it was suggested that the Club was putting someone in place (who knows the set-up) WHEN Shaky & Walsh leave, as they will.  Powell to work alongside them (again), as a kind of handover.  Anyway, the whole concept of the Club recruiting him has been dismissed here.

I don't think it was a question of Ranieri asking for Powell, it was suggested that the Club was putting someone in place (who knows the set-up) WHEN Shaky & Walsh leave, as they will.  Powell to work alongside them (again), as a kind of handover.  Anyway, the whole concept of the Club recruiting him has been dismissed here.

Ranieri WILL need someone (experienced) at the Club, up-to-speed on the current English game, 'cos the rest of his team and support staff are likely to be coming from Europe. 

Powell was here under Pearson first time round and stayed with us whilst Sousa was in charge and briefly was here with Sven before leaving to take the Charlton job in January 2011. You talk about knowing the club etc, but since he left the only constants have been Andy King, Mike Stowell and the owners. The playing staff has almost completely changed, and if as you're suggesting he'd be good if Shakey and Walsh left, then the whole coaching staff has changed too. I'm not sure knowing one player and one coach, and having worked for but probably not had to much dealing with the owners, will really benefit anyone, more than bringing in any other English coach.

I like Powell, hes very likable person and a very honest professional, but I think you might be a little obsessed. If we could inexplicably entice him from his managerial role at Huddersfield to coach at a club barely recognisable to the one he previously worked for for a manager he has no connection to then great, but I wouldn't be making it priority.   

Archived