Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Ranieri's Assistant Manager / Head Coach ?

I reckon there's a decent chance that Christian Damiano might 'rock up' somewhere in the near future. However, longer term, I have a theory....I honestly believe that JFH will be brought in sometime in the next 12 months or so with a view to assisting, and eventually taking over from, Ranieri!!

I thought Hasselbaink might have been in with a shout for the managers job this time, but I guess it's still a bit too early in his career for the main job.  Yes, I think it could come after Ranieri (especially if Burton carry on to do well); but, with his long links to Ranieri, there is a chance (no more) that they might persuade him to come as Head Coach now.

I thought Hasselbaink might have been in with a shout for the managers job this time, but I guess it's still a bit too early in his career for the main job. Yes, I think it could come after Ranieri (especially if Burton carry on to do well); but, with his long links to Ranieri, there is a chance (no more) that they might persuade him to come as Head Coach now.

JFH has been singing Raneri's praises in the media this week.

Stick with Shakey.

I'm sure most would like this, but it won't happen.  He'll be off as soon as Nige gets something else (though, of course, that could be a while !).

The big question is whether Claudio will choose an Assistant from the Continent or England (though there are a few with both connections).

I'm sure most would like this, but it won't happen.  He'll be off as soon as Nige gets something else (though, of course, that could be a while !).

The big question is whether Claudio will choose an Assistant from the Continent or England (though there are a few with both connections).

Depends, we'll see where their loyalties lie won't we, that to me will speak volumes, the litmus test, if Pearson did something soooo outrageous, had such a barney with someone, difference of opinion, so stroppy any of the other suggestion made to why Pearson was sacked, will Shakespeare support him, follow him, we'll see in time I guess.

Ultimately i'm under the educated guess that he (Shakespeare and possible Walsh) is only here because if he leaves he'll be out of a job, won't recieve any compensation. Why would he leave for the time being?

He's bringing 4 of his own men with him.

Shakey and Walsh's future is unconfirmed at the moment, likely they will leave, which is a real shame. Unsure about Kevin Phillips.

I'm hoping that's due to Shakey and Walsh wanting to stick with Pearson, rather than Ranieri not wanting them. He'd be crazy to bot want Walsh in particular.

I might have missed the update. Are our back room staff staying?

Yes

Not necessarily, he wants them to stay, maybe they will, maybe they won't, but the fact he's bringing his own in means they could be undermined anyway

But he has brought in his own aswell?

Sounds a recipe for disaster, hopefully there's a clear structure which enables Shakey & Walsh to continue to excel in their roles

But he has brought in his own aswell?

Paolo Benetti and Giorgio Pellizzaro have joined the coaching staff. Andrea Azzalin has joined the Fitness/Sports Science staff.

We are going to need a stadium expansion just to accommodate all the backroom staff.

Losing Walsh would be as bad as losing Pearson in the first place. 

Not necessarily, Steve Walsh is limited by the success of a manager and their views on player scouting. He'd be nowhere near as effective if they replaced Pearson with a manager who either wasn't capable of getting the best out of players signed, or wasn't willing to invest as much faith as Pearson does in the scouting team. Hopefully Ranieri does, but if he doesn't then Steve Walsh really isn't as important as he once was.

Archived