Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Ranieri's Assistant Manager / Head Coach ?

Honestly, humour is wasted on some people. Telling someone who has their tongue up Pearsons ring piece where to go in using Pearson's own quote - see where I was going? No, ok....

...No I don't see where you were going and obviously neither did you. 

Quite the opposite in fact. In spite of the appalling timing, I was quite relieved when Nige was sacked...until the appointment of Claudio that is.

I cant....Im not pretending to be in the know at all!!! but maybe the club were 100% correct in their decision...we will see how it pans out.

Loose lips sink ships.

I did pick up on something that got said on here by a usually very good ITK. A short time after the sacking he said 'Walsh and Shakey are still here...make of that what you will' and I got the sense that he meant maybe there was more to the Pearson thing than meets the eye and maybe Walsh and Shakey didn't share Pearsons views on 'this' occasion.

JUST SPECULATION BEFORE EVERYONE GIVES ME A BARRAGE OF ABUSE

I did pick up on something that got said on here by a usually very good ITK. A short time after the sacking he said 'Walsh and Shakey are still here...make of that what you will' and I got the sense that he meant maybe there was more to the Pearson thing than meets the eye and maybe Walsh and Shakey didn't share Pearsons views on 'this' occasion.

JUST SPECULATION BEFORE EVERYONE GIVES ME A BARRAGE OF ABUSE

ITK **** - ban him, its Qwerty again

Don't know if posted elsewhere but sounds pretty possitive at least...

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-coach-Kevin-Phillips-says/story-27472520-detail/story.html?utm_content=buffer057b7&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

All back room staff to be kept on despite additions, Kev enjoying learning from the Don, Players responding well to the tinkering.

Don't know if posted elsewhere but sounds pretty possitive at least...

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-coach-Kevin-Phillips-says/story-27472520-detail/story.html?utm_content=buffer057b7&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

All back room staff to be kept on despite additions, Kev enjoying learning from the Don, Players responding well to the tinkering.

I've said this elsewhere but the body language of players in pictures and on their social media has been nothing but positive and they all generally seem to be looking forward to get stuck into the new season.

They're all saying the right things but i look more at body language for this kind of thing. 

When NP was "sacked then unsacked" it was stated at the time that none of the back room team agreed to take temporary charge, they were 100% behind Pearson, however when he did finally leave the club I too was surprised that Walsh and Shakey stayed on, which does make it possible there was a lot more to his departure than meets the eye.

When NP was "sacked then unsacked" it was stated at the time that none of the back room team agreed to take temporary charge, they were 100% behind Pearson, however when he did finally leave the club I too was surprised that Walsh and Shakey stayed on, which does make it possible there was a lot more to his departure than meets the eye.

why would they resign and lose the balance of their contracts, usually an incoming manager replaces existing backroom staff, or the outgoing manager poaches them when he gets a new job

Them still being here isn't probably anything to do with NP, it's just that unusually CR hasn't 'sacked' them, despite what looks like a pretty crowded or confusing structure

When NP was "sacked then unsacked" it was stated at the time that none of the back room team agreed to take temporary charge, they were 100% behind Pearson

Who stated that? I never read anything of the sort. Links?

He was sacked and unsacked so quickly I doubt the conversations even happened.

I can see Shakespeare teaming up with nige when he gets the florist job.

However walsh has not always been with pearson remember, didn't they only team up because of meeting via walsh's brother who I believe is niges agent. Or was, maybe that bridge has been burnt as well.

Can also see kp wanting to learn as much as he can from different people but then at some point he will take a management job.

Th old back room staff are important for continuity. But the club are right to protect us in the event that they might leave. They may even have bee asked their intentions already.

Which is why the new staff have come on board.

I'm sure the players are just as keen to learn from the new manager and his staff. Pearson was very good for the Club, but not necessarily for the first team. The pressure really got to him during the season. 

Ranieri on the other hand has a pedigree few Managers can match. Also after his Chelsea experience I'm sure Ranieri can handle anything. I'm also confident that by the end of September things will be moving into place and we'll be in for a good season.

Speaking to someone who went to Lincoln on Tuesday and they saw "a new guy (well, a very old guy !)" working with Schmeichel and Schwarzer in the warm-up - not Stowell.  Sounds like the new Italian chap.  Has Stowell gone ?

No sign of Stowell at Mansfield I've been told - but then there was no sign of anyone working with the Goalkeepers there !

I've been told that Walsh and Shakespeare aren't likely to be staying. With Ranieri having brought in his own assistant manager and coaching staff the club is overrun with staff.

I've been told that Walsh and Shakespeare aren't likely to be staying. With Ranieri having brought in his own assistant manager and coaching staff the club is overrun with staff.

HAS Ranieri "brought in his own assistant manager", or are you just speculating he will ?

HAS Ranieri "brought in his own assistant manager", or are you just speculating he will ?

I was told coaching staff and assistant manager but I suppose the Am bit could be somebody's tongue running away with them?

The point was it seems to be that the old faces won't be around at some point. The way it was said I took it to mean that the big two (shakey and Walsh) would leave of their own accord but, as much as people want to believe otherwise, when you get info it tends to come second hand rather than straight from the people involved.

Why are some thinking Pearson is going to Forest?

It's the wrong club for him, Forest seem to like changing the manager every season and get little success from it.

Can guarantee it'll be Sheff Weds/United next for him, he loves that city.

Why are some thinking Pearson is going to Forest?

It's the wrong club for him, Forest seem to like changing the manager every season and get little success from it.

Can guarantee it'll be Sheff Weds/United next for him, he loves that city.

But that was exactly what we were until he gave us sime stability.

Archived