Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Let's give Claudio a chance

We've only just appointed Ranieri but already I see some instant negativity in the threads regarding how long it might be before he's sacked etc.

Many posters are sore about Pearson. I won't dwell on the circumstances of his sacking...they still seem to be unclear.

All I want to say is let's now give the new bloke a chance. By this, I mean patience.

It's probably going to be difficult for him in the early days...the squad was Pearson's and clearly played out of their skin for him, especially at the end of last season.

But let's give Claudio some time. The appointment has been made, on a three year deal. The next chapter of LCFC begins and we need to get behind the club once more.

I think one thing that might work against Claudio is not being an "impact" manager, ie a short and rapid burst of significantly better performances that a typical motivator brings. And im not suggesting that Claudio cant motivate.

But i think he will improve us overall. I think the style of play will be more measured, i do think he will advance us.

We've only just appointed Ranieri but already I see some instant negativity in the threads regarding how long it might be before he's sacked etc.

Many posters are sore about Pearson. I won't dwell on the circumstances of his sacking...they still seem to be unclear.

All I want to say is let's now give the new bloke a chance. By this, I mean patience.

It's probably going to be difficult for him in the early days...the squad was Pearson's and clearly played out of their skin for him, especially at the end of last season.

But let's give Claudio some time. The appointment has been made, on a three year deal. The next chapter of LCFC begins and we need to get behind the club once more.

sitting down while holding our shirt..is the beginning of the end for me..sorry.

He wanted the job, which is more than can be said for most of the other candidates. So let's get behind him. It could be a disaster, or it could be amazing! Same as with anyone else. Only time will tell, so let's get behind the lads!

Well said Col!

Wouldn't worry about it, there was plenty of negativity on here on the thread when Pearson was brought back. Some of the people moaning then are the same ones moaning now. Fickle bunch, but I would expect most real fans, the ones who make the noise at the KP will be right behind Ranieri from day one because that's what proper fans do.

The others can hand their season tickets back and go and support Notts County or wherever that Nigel Peterston fella ends up.

Well said Col,

Time to move on and go forward, listening to the moan in some proper clowns on tonight. The guy has a good CV and we have strengthened in the close season. Also with some of the negativity take a look at some of the teams he has managed and their expectancy, his remit surely will be to move us upwards and many of his clubs have demanded Champions league football and we are not in that bracket yet so give the guy a chance.

Cant really understand the negativity, as mentioned numerous times who on earth were people expecting?

Admittedly, if we were a top 6 club pushing for CL qualification then I might have doubts but for the size of our club, I think we've done well to get Ranieri.

Its not about Ranieri,but you have to question the owners decision to remove someone so successful and replace him with a manager with outdated tactics and a poor recent record. I am intrigued to how things will fold out and I hope he has success but at this point I'm time I think we are worse off then 2 weeks ago. It's a backwards step.

Its not about Ranieri,but you have to question the owners decision to remove someone so successful and replace him with a manager with outdated tactics and a poor recent record. I am intrigued to how things will fold out and I hope he has success but at this point I'm time I think we are worse off then 2 weeks ago. It's a backwards step.

Any proof of Ranieri's outdated tactics?

What about Pearson's seven or eight failed formations in four months trick?

Wouldn't worry about it, there was plenty of negativity on here on the thread when Pearson was brought back. Some of the people moaning then are the same ones moaning now. Fickle bunch, but I would expect most real fans, the ones who make the noise at the KP will be right behind Ranieri from day one because that's what proper fans do.

The others can hand their season tickets back and go and support Notts County or wherever that Nigel Peterston fella ends up.

That almost went well until you decided to be purposely condescending and baiting.

Dont really see the argument to say hes "outdated". Two of his best recent jobs by win percentage were his last two.

If by poor recent record you mean Greece, their team is just not competitive. Theres nothing he could have done to change that.

Acutally think the board have pulled off a pretty impressive coup getting Ranieri.

Well I'll miss NP,that was a sheer miracle but that's over and now we're Claudio's Army.

Onwards and upwards and a Blue forever,lets get behind him and the lads and push for one heck of a season.

^absolutely this.

Some people on here just ain't happy I'm afraid.. Fook knows why I bother coming back to read the same tedious shite from football manager wanna be or bigots!

Good luck to our new manager!

Archived