Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Let's give Claudio a chance

He'll get my full support that's for sure. Not what I wanted but hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised

Just hope he builds on the foundations set from the previous regime and doesn't do a complete overhaul

At least this saga is over now

Dont really see the argument to say hes "outdated". Two of his best recent jobs by win percentage were his last two.

If by poor recent record you mean Greece, their team is just not competitive. Theres nothing he could have done to change that.

Acutally think the board have pulled off a pretty impressive coup getting Ranieri.

Although he is a 'tinkerman', I'm afraid that he won't be flexible enough to move to our successful 3-5-2 formation as historically he prefers the 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-1-2. He did well with Roma especially because that was a team whereby he significantly improved the team after he went there. Juve and Monaco were in the second division when he went there, so clearly his record will look good at those clubs. Chelsea, he had the money to splash and imo he did not spend it wisely. Did okay in his final season but really should have won more with the investment he was given

The Greece team is a shambles but to lose to the Faroe Islands who are not even close to them in quality is very poor. 

I'm not saying that I won't back him and I hope I am wrong but I can't help to feel a bit like we have bought into the name rather than a manager's qualities. Seems to be going the same way as SGE for me.

We've only just appointed Ranieri but already I see some instant negativity in the threads regarding how long it might be before he's sacked etc.

Many posters are sore about Pearson. I won't dwell on the circumstances of his sacking...they still seem to be unclear.

All I want to say is let's now give the new bloke a chance. By this, I mean patience.

It's probably going to be difficult for him in the early days...the squad was Pearson's and clearly played out of their skin for him, especially at the end of last season.

But let's give Claudio some time. The appointment has been made, on a three year deal. The next chapter of LCFC begins and we need to get behind the club once more.

Totally agree Col

Tad underwhelmed to say the least personally but that said now he is our boss we must all be 100 per cent behind him cheering him and the team all the way

I'm not excited by this appointment but I think we have to give every new manager a chance. I don't think anyone stands to benefit from an unsupportive stadium.

That said I do wish some people (and I don't mean you Col) would stop confusing criticism of a certain decision with moaning or attacking the club. There's a difference between those two things.

Tbf I didn't approve of NP before his first spell and was disappointed with that appointment and it turned out to be one of the best decisions ever. Like always I'm sure we will give the new man a chance, but it's a bit of a poison chalice in the sense that whoever followed NP was always going to be up against it. Especially given the incredible run we had at the end of last season.

lets hope he can take us to the next level, and we may see another exciting revolution at Leicester. Never will forget the hard work NP has done and there will always be that question of what if, but now we must focus on completing Ranieri's Italian job. 

As I said in another thread, I think this is an overall good appointment. However I would get behind WHOEVER was appointed. LCFC first and for most.

This season can be where we kick on to the next level.

Welcome and he has a hard act to follow but lets be clear cannot think of many on here who at one time or another think Nigel was a goner in his 4 years here and no doubt NP will return to the KP and get a reception his time here deserved but we move on. We have a manager who has a very good CV a wealth of experience and for me more importantly wanted to come here. So lets give the guy a break and see where we go.

Guest ttfn

sitting down while holding our shirt..is the beginning of the end for me..sorry.

Well that's a new one; normally we wait for the first pre-season friendly to write off the manager

These Ranierinites are a dangerous bunch

ffs this is LCFC not CRFC

I'm just out of rep points, but Col deserves that.

---

I certainly won't be negative about Ranieri, he like any manager will get a decent length of time from me to prove himself, won't be booed or jeered. However, it is difficult to be actively excited and supportive of a shift in approach from the well thought out steady approach we had under Nigel, to a new approach which looks on the face of it incredibly like one that has already failed here very recently. A big name manager, given money, trying to run before we can walk. That seems like the likely approach now and I can't get excited about that, the owners won't be getting my support at all because they're gambling the future of the club, I will be negative about them. Ranieri will get apathy until he earns anything more than that.

He is welcomed. He does well we do well. My "negativity" is based around the manner undertook to recruit Ranieri.

While it's fun when your team are splashing the cash - Id much prefer a structure to work to.

My negativity is more towards the people it very well paid jobs who have shown themselves to be amateurish in coming to this decision.

Ah well maybe the press conference will shine more light on it.

Archived