Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox_you_off

Where's Konchesky? - Joins QPR on loan

With Chilwell playing last night, presumably in his place, you'd think Ranieri wanted him instead.

If Konchesky were to leave, he shouldn't receive torrid abuse which is all he's gotten from LCFC fans pretty much since he signed. He's done a job and been quite solid for us.

If Konchesky were to leave, he shouldn't receive torrid abuse which is all he's gotten from LCFC fans pretty much since he signed. He's done a job and been quite solid for us.

I think that's unfair. When he's been good, he's been complimented. And when's he's been useless, people have pointed it out. I think the vast majority of fans have been completely fair to the guy. 

He has been a great servant to the club, always gave 100% and scored some worldys too! 

Getting on a little and think the prem is a little too much to ask now. Wish him all the best if he moves on.

Really don't get a lot of the Konchesky hate. Granted he is the weakest member of our squad currently in terms of ability but West Ham away aside it's not like he ever cost us points. He was a 6/10 player who gave everything he had for us every time he played. In fact his goal against Villa at the KP actually won us 3 points. 

I can't say for definite but would expect his experience would have been invaluable to players like Chilwell and Schlupp as well.

You'd also expect he took a pay cut to stay here at the start of last season which if true shows even more about the fellas character. 

We've upgraded at left back this season with Fuchs so wouldn't expect him to feature at all this season, if he moves on then so be it, if he stays it'll be to no ones detriment.

EDIT: Saying that Villa away may also have cost us in terms of possible points but that was mostly down to poor refereeing.

Really don't get a lot of the Konchesky hate. Granted he is the weakest member of our squad currently in terms of ability but West Ham away aside it's not like he ever cost us points. He was a 6/10 player who gave everything he had for us every time he played. In fact his goal against Villa at the KP actually won us 3 points. 

I can't say for definite but would expect his experience would have been invaluable to players like Chilwell and Schlupp as well.

You'd also expect he took a pay cut to stay here at the start of last season which if true shows even more about the fellas character. 

We've upgraded at left back this season with Fuchs so wouldn't expect him to feature at all this season, if he moves on then so be it, if he stays it'll be to no ones detriment.

EDIT: Saying that Villa away may also have cost us in terms of possible points but that was mostly down to poor refereeing.

He was poor in the villa away game too, and has been caught out too many times, but that was NP's fault for not having an adequate replacement for him. Konch gave of his best, of that I've no doubt. He's a great pro, but it's time to step down the leagues now as i think his best days are gone. 

His contract was due to expire this summer. I have a feeling there would be some kind of clause for the player to extend it a year, based on appearances or us staying up. Whichever way, given the signing of fuchs a loan to the championship beckons for konch now.

I fell for the same trap - the contract was in fact renewed by another year.

Apparently tweeted about his Soccer School down in Romford half way through last nights game

Not sure what this tells us but thought it might help the haters

1. Details on here to book or jus turn up!  https://instagram.com/p/5aLDLJmi4B/ 

2. @konch3 Whilst it's great you plugging this football course, it's not that classy to do it whilst your team are playing. #attentionseeking

3. @joycey777 bore off m8

Got sent off at Hull as well when we were under pressure and gave away a stupid penalty against Burnley which we were lucky to get away with.

I don't get the hate for him either, he's been ok for us overall, but he does make far too many potentially costly errors.

Archived