Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox_you_off

Where's Konchesky? - Joins QPR on loan

Guest Mee-9

I thought he wasn't bad to be fair in the Championship to be fair. 

This is how my Shalke supporting boss felt when Fuchs left them for us.

Must be a thing about playing left back. No sod wants to ever be a left back at school. 

Yes, he was prone to the odd costly mistake.. but he was never one to shy away from his commitments.

He might not be at the standard we are now or for where we are aim to be, but he has served us well and contributed far more than he gets credit for. 

This is how my Shalke supporting boss felt when Fuchs left them for us.

From the very little I've seen of him I can see fans getting on his back quickly. Hope I'm wrong.

This is like the GTF situation from last season all over again.  What were the club thinking giving him a contract to the end of 2015/16?  He proved in 2013/4 that he was a liability in the Championship, then we get promoted and give him a 2 year deal?  We now have a player on our books who is way below standard and is clearly so far off the pace that he has been written off by the new manager within 2 weeks of him being appointed to the club. 

This is like the GTF situation from last season all over again. What were the club thinking giving him a contract to the end of 2015/16? He proved in 2013/4 that he was a liability in the Championship, then we get promoted and give him a 2 year deal? We now have a player on our books who is way below standard and is clearly so far off the pace that he has been written off by the new manager within 2 weeks of him being appointed to the club.

Was it a 2 year deal he got, or was the 2nd year dependent on him playing so many games in 2014/15? That might explain it....?

He was outstanding, especially as he didn't join us until the 2011/12 season.

Fair enough, mustve got my years wrong, nevertheless. Was an outstanding player for us at the beginning of his time with us

I just resented the fact we never tried to replace one of our weakest links on the pitch. He just lingered around too long for me. Not that I blame him for doing so, coming to the end of his career he'd want to rake in every last penny he could.

Don't understand the stick he gets. For every error (and granted he's made some douzies) he's made many vital interceptions and critical runs. Also that goal vs Wolves!

A good professional who for the last 2 seasons was not good enough and needed to be replaced. One of Pearson's biggest cock ups. He didn't make many granted. No problem with Konch himself good luck to him.

Just seen the Konchesky story in the Merc. Am I the only one who thinks the "Konchesky is gone" story is a big misunderstanding - partly due to Ranieri's English? 

Konch is injured. He isn't available and won't be for the season opener. Therefore he isn't in Ranieri's plans for the start of the season – how could he?

Ranieri's simply stated this – but in a slightly awkward way which was taken the wrong way by journos and fans alike?

That's exactly what I mean – "he's not in my plans at the moment". 

Ranieri hasn't seen Konchesky play, he's injured and that's all Ranieri is (in my mind) referring to.

Could be wrong, of course, but I've got a funny feeling his words have been misinterpreted. 

On his Twitter account he retweeted a support saying "Good luck whenever you end up, loved the goal against Wolves!" Or something along those lines. Seems conclusive to me, but I wish him luck whatever the situation.

Archived