Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Top ten of City's WORST ever players (ie the players to play the worst in a City shirt)

Going back a bit.....how about Lammie Robertson....

Very good call.

In 53 years of supporting the city, probably the least talented player ever to represent the club. Worst first touch I have ever seen and so unfit.

For some reason Platnauer , Spearing and the two kids that MON kept selecting as he was the only person connected with the club who hadn't realised they couldn't play the game Wilson? Campbell?) really stick out in my memory . That however does a disservice to the following roll of honour:

Curtis

Lammie Robertson

Colin Gordon

Guy Branston

Mohan

Rolling

alan Paris

Whitbread

Edworthy

Worley

Forgot about Wilson and Campbell. Both called Stuart and both played right midfield, IIRC. Both were rubbish, as well.

A list of my worst 10, all from the 2000s! :S

Junior Lewis

Josh Low

Chris Makin

Momo Sylla

Peter Gilbert

Jason Jarrett

Geoff Horsfield

Barry Hayles

Alan Rogers

Craig Hignett

Countless others could have gone on there too

Junior Lewis is a sure fire number 1 I agree, but tbh I don't think Alan Rogers was that bad.

Hungarians were Zsolt Laczko and Gabor Bori but I don't remember them being that bad but certainly weren't the next Buzsaky or Halmosi as Holloway hoped. 

I think the fact Sergio Hellings doesn't appear to have played again since joining us says a lot. Hossein Kaebi was random and awful and I remember there being some excitement around him.  

Junior Lewis has to be the worst though.  

My all time worst city eleven:

Akinbiyi in goal, a back four of Akinbiyi, Akinbiyi, Akinbiyi and Akinbiyi.  Centre mid Akinbiyi and Akinbiyi with Akinbiyi running it out of touch on the wings...oh and Akinbiyi and Trevor Benjamin up front.

Junior Lewis is a sure fire number 1 I agree, but tbh I don't think Alan Rogers was that bad.

He was terrible for us at least.

That Hammill guy was dreadful.

Akinbiyi  probably wouldn't even be in the top 10 worst of the 00's.

He was terrible for us at least.

That Hammill guy was dreadful.

Akinbiyi  probably wouldn't even be in the top 10 worst of the 00's.

?

I would have played Stephen Hawking up front in place of that useless lump.  

The worst player I've ever seen in any shirt.

Thing is with Rab, he came from the Champions League heights with Celtic and I expected him to be a massive improvement on Paul Henderson I think it was? He was absolutely terrible.

I also didn't think Alan Rogers was that bad, yeah he weren't great but he wasn't consistently awful.

Vaguely remember Hossein Kaebi as well.

He played against Ipswich, under Martin Allen, and although he dribble well and quick his end product was as worse as Lloyd Dyer's. 

?

I would have played Stephen Hawking up front in place of that useless lump.  

The worst player I've ever seen in any shirt.

Same amount of goals in his first season as Ulloa.

He was crap for our team at the time, and his fee was ludicrous. But there are many more players from 04-09 that were far worse.

Wasn't Wayne Clarke part of the Lineker deal as was Tommy English for Jim Melrose. Mark Blake was once our record signing, pretty doggo think some of the McClintock players have got off lightly.

Dead right. Was it Alan Waddle? Something about him being Toshack's understudy.

I think I saw him score his only goal at Birmingham City!

Archived