Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Susan Whelan calls on fans to trust club's decision to replace Pearson

You think Pearson would have drawn a line under it with Stringer? i doubt it.

If Stringer changed his attitude and stopped being a shit-stirrer I think in time he would. Stringer was the problem with those two, not Pearson.

I think this just might be one of my favourite threads ever. Well, apart from all the hilarious non-serious ones.

You can speculate all you want about what might have happened behind closed doors but the evidence we, as fans, currently have points towards this being a poor decision in footballing terms. It may well turn out to be rosy in the garden should Ranieri take us to another level. However, as it stands, sacking a manager who has improved us every season he's been here, who got us to the Premier League in the first place and whose recent form in the league has us in the upper echelons of performers is hardly going to be a decision that washes well with the fanbase. This is also hardly going to be helped, confidentiality or not, by a vague statement effectively claiming "we don't get on so we can't work together anymore". "Breakdown in relationship" is surely the easiest excuse in the book when it comes to not wanting to reveal the real reason behind the sacking. If they thought Nigel could take us no further and that they wanted a man to take us to another level, why not say it? Nothing in that sort of statement reveals anything that could be deemed confidential information. The whole saga is rather strange to be honest and the only way a lot of fans will get back on side is through results and performances on the pitch. At this moment in time, that is the only thing that can prove the board's decision to be a good one because, quite simply, we don't know nearly enough about the whole situation to just say "yeah, ok I can understand why you did that" and we aren't going to find out if Pearson did something behind the scenes which proved to be the final straw. 

I just hope that we get off to a good start this season. The whole club had pulled together last season and I believe Mr. Pearson was the glue to all of that. You could see how much the players played for him and, consequently, how this rubbed off onto the fans in the stadium. A few poor early results and the atmosphere at the KP could turn pretty sour. Sacking such a successful manager with little clear reasoning won't seem like such a great idea then, even if it could prove to be a good move in the long term (despite Ranieri not appearing to be a LT appointment but that's another matter altogether). If the club want fans to trust their decision then they need to make bloody well sure that we aren't lingering in the bottom 3 after the first half-dozen/ten games of the season! 

Having said all this, we've seen first hand how powerful we can be as fans so some of this boycott/demonstration crap I've seen on twitter planned for before the first game of the season just needs to be nipped in the bud and we need to get behind the new manager like we did the old. On match-day we need to join together in supporting the team. Outside of this we are well within our rights to challenge the board about the events of this summer! 

Four points there that you've presented as fact when they're all obviously speculation. Each one intended to discredit the club. You've made no intention at all to present this as a balanced discussion, it's a clear attack on the owners based on speculation you've dishonestly presented as fact. I mean you've even used quotation marks and the word 'period'. You're not just quietly trying to pass it off as fact, you're actually being quite forceful about it.

The final paragraph doesn't make much sense but contains another criticism of the club based on your speculation.

I'm not tarring everyone with the same brush, just the people dishonestly presenting speculation as fact and then using that to discredit the club I support.

Not only do you put a lot of effort "defending your club", you also act as a proper drama queen. Incredible. Would you like a hanky?

We support the same enterprise, but simply have a difference in perspective as far as the quality of management is concerned. Or do we? I've said it before, but all the time and content produced by you on the very same topic make it look to me as if you've either found a subject where you can grind your teeth in or you purely enjoy the discussion for the sake of it, trying to put others in their place in a somewhat twisted and heinous way, no matter how earnest they are about their aim and their intentions as far as getting to the core of the sacking. You say you like Pearson, then do all in your might to discredit him indirectly.

But keep on banging your own "discrediting" drum. What is attacking a company (a club) compared to trying to discredit a person (a manager)?

Again, the majority of the speculation is circling around the alleged "tough persona" of Pearson and that he's supposed to be hard to work with (no matter how hard you try to put the blame on Pearson and no matter how hard you try to make it look like he brought it onto himself). He's also known to be a joker and his temper or character traits are nothing new in the footballing world. There have been numerous other managers with similar verbal outbursts - some of them even worse than Pearson's.

Pearson in this own words. Plenty there to suggest he could be difficult to work with.

Really not interested in jumping into this argument but the quote you provided is quite clearly talking about the press incidents and at a stretch, the foad incident.

That doesn't suggest he's difficult to work with, just difficult to interview if you ask crap questions. Having a low tolerance for crap or dumb questions myself, I suppose I can empathise with Pearson and he was certainly more restrained than I would have been in the foad incident. Does that really make him difficult to work with? It's never once been suggested that I'm difficult to work with so I'd suggest it's only evidence of having a low tolerance for idiocy and abuse.

I think this just might be one of my favourite threads ever. Well, apart from all the hilarious non-serious ones.

You can speculate all you want about what might have happened behind closed doors but the evidence we, as fans, currently have points towards this being a poor decision in footballing terms. It may well turn out to be rosy in the garden should Ranieri take us to another level. However, as it stands, sacking a manager who has improved us every season he's been here, who got us to the Premier League in the first place and whose recent form in the league has us in the upper echelons of performers is hardly going to be a decision that washes well with the fanbase. This is also hardly going to be helped, confidentiality or not, by a vague statement effectively claiming "we don't get on so we can't work together anymore". "Breakdown in relationship" is surely the easiest excuse in the book when it comes to not wanting to reveal the real reason behind the sacking. If they thought Nigel could take us no further and that they wanted a man to take us to another level, why not say it? Nothing in that sort of statement reveals anything that could be deemed confidential information. The whole saga is rather strange to be honest and the only way a lot of fans will get back on side is through results and performances on the pitch. At this moment in time, that is the only thing that can prove the board's decision to be a good one because, quite simply, we don't know nearly enough about the whole situation to just say "yeah, ok I can understand why you did that" and we aren't going to find out if Pearson did something behind the scenes which proved to be the final straw. 

I just hope that we get off to a good start this season. The whole club had pulled together last season and I believe Mr. Pearson was the glue to all of that. You could see how much the players played for him and, consequently, how this rubbed off onto the fans in the stadium. A few poor early results and the atmosphere at the KP could turn pretty sour. Sacking such a successful manager with little clear reasoning won't seem like such a great idea then, even if it could prove to be a good move in the long term (despite Ranieri not appearing to be a LT appointment but that's another matter altogether). If the club want fans to trust their decision then they need to make bloody well sure that we aren't lingering in the bottom 3 after the first half-dozen/ten games of the season! 

Having said all this, we've seen first hand how powerful we can be as fans so some of this boycott/demonstration crap I've seen on twitter planned for before the first game of the season just needs to be nipped in the bud and we need to get behind the new manager like we did the old. On match-day we need to join together in supporting the team. Outside of this we are well within our rights to challenge the board about the events of this summer! 

Sacking the manager with little reason? behaving like a bellend when ever possible could have something to do with it

I'm gutted Pearson is gone, but fully behind Claudio as what's done is done.

It's the board's decision (seemingly) to target unrealistic signings that bothers me. It's like they thought they could bypass the consolidation stage and make a play for European football. I'm all for ambition but that has to be tempered by realism and a degree of pragmatism. I wonder if we've wasted a lot of time on unrealistic targets.

My worry is that this summer (not just NPs) sacking has been highly destabilizing. I don't blame Claudio himself but there seems to have been an assumption that just his name will attract those next level players. I'm not so sure it will.

Sacking the manager with little reason? behaving like a bellend when ever possible could have something to do with it

There's been a tiny handful of incidents, most of which have been blown out of all proportion. The most you can point to is **** and possibly the ostrich comment, although that's just a bizarre response, no worse than Claudio calling all the press lions at the end of his time with chelsea.

You're twisting what was actually said to make your offbeat interpretation sound more plausible.

Are you really calling people out on this after all your nonsense about Cambiasso masterminding our survival last season via a throwaway line from Birch?

But I guess it's fine to deliberately misinterpret something if it supports your bizarre anti-Pearson, pro-anything-the-board-does views, but not vice versa? Good to know.

The club's statement was intentionally vague so no one knows the basis for Pearson's departure.

How people can be so sure their interpretation  is correct and to keep arguing the same point is beyond me and totally pointless unless you're  either a troll or love arguing just for the sake of arguing.

People must decide whether they  trust or not the owners and move on because we're  not going back and nothing will change unless Ranieri makes a total balls up of the job.  

Not only do you put a lot of effort "defending your club", you also act as a proper drama queen. Incredible. Would you like a hanky?

We support the same enterprise, but simply have a difference in perspective as far as the quality of management is concerned. Or do we? I've said it before, but all the time and content produced by you on the very same topic make it look to me as if you've either found a subject where you can grind your teeth in or you purely enjoy the discussion for the sake of it, trying to put others in their place in a somewhat twisted and heinous way, no matter how earnest they are about their aim and their intentions as far as getting to the core of the sacking. You say you like Pearson, then do all in your might to discredit him indirectly.

But keep on banging your own "discrediting" drum. What is attacking a company (a club) compared to trying to discredit a person (a manager)?

Again, the majority of the speculation is circling around the alleged "tough persona" of Pearson and that he's supposed to be hard to work with (no matter how hard you try to put the blame on Pearson and no matter how hard you try to make it look like he brought it onto himself). He's also known to be a joker and his temper or character traits are nothing new in the footballing world. There have been numerous other managers with similar verbal outbursts - some of them even worse than Pearson's.

Sorry, earnest intentions to get to the core of the sacking? How does dishonestly presenting speculation as fact reconcile with your desire to be earnest exactly? lol

I am enjoying the discussions. It's quite good on here really. Other forums would have resorted to petty name calling by now. Fair play we might have disagreements but at least we're civil about it.

Oh wait you did call me a drama queen, that's OK I suppose.

Sorry, earnest intentions to get to the core of the sacking? How does dishonestly presenting speculation as fact reconcile with your desire to be earnest exactly? lol

I am enjoying the discussions. It's quite good on here really. Other forums would have resorted to petty name calling by now. Fair play we might have disagreements but at least we're civil about it.

Oh wait you did call me a drama queen, that's OK I suppose.

What's dishonest about speculation? Is your speculation more honest than others? Do you consider yourself the sole voice of the truth (whatever that may be)?

The speculation will never go away. And I've given my view of things - by speculating. Nothing more, nothing less.

Which indiscretions?

Telling the fan to **** off and die, and if you believe those around that area, said fan was making pretty lewd comments about Pearsons family - unless we're suggesting now that the owners are disrespectful hounds, then that's irrelevant.

The incident with McArthur which even the player says was a joke?

Yes Mcarthur said it was nothing, Pearson said, "don't worry about me, I can look after myself!"

This is the problem more than anything, he can't handle himself in the press spotlight, after he fvcked up by wrestling McArthur and then grabbing hold of him so he couldn't rejoin the field of play, he needed to defuse the situation, but he made it ten times worse by saying that. If he had said he was just having a bit of a laugh and it looked a lot worse than it was, and he was just trying to explain it to McArthur who was in a hurry to get back to the game, then it would have been a lot less weird.

Pardew headbutted a player and survived without too much damage by apologising, and I think he went for anger management course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVwew-4Y1hY

Again, with the fan getting all up in his grill, his initial outburst was weird, who says FOAD? Fvck off, fair enough, but even then most people would ignore it, or get security to throw him out, getting involved like he did was unprofessional, then refusing to apologise just made it worse and made it a bigger story and put pressure on himself.

Some people might see it as a good old fashioned no nonsense approach, but it is damaging, to himself and to the club, the measure of a man is not the mistakes he makes but how he reacts after making a mistake.

What's dishonest about speculation? Is your speculation more honest than others? Do you consider yourself the sole voice of the truth (whatever that may be)?

The speculation will never go away. And I've given my view of things - by speculating. Nothing more, nothing less.

You presented it as fact. If you're speculating make it clear you're speculating and then we have no problem. You can speculate as much as you like for all I care and no I don't consider my speculation to be any better (although obviously I think my own theories are the most likely that's why they're my theories) but the key point is that if you're speculating, don't pretend like you're comments are factual because that's dishonest.

It's also a bit weird to assume the absolute worst about the club you support and then plaster negative speculation all over the Internet but wfyb (whatever floats your boat).

SW asks for trust . I will make that judgement on the new players we need arrive .Did they have a plan if EC did not come back? It looks to me they did not or why would we now, according to CR, searching the world for a replacement. With 2 weeks to go that incompetence of the highest order. 

I know exactly what you're saying. What I'd say in response is that we can't make the judgement, in their favour or against, so what we're left with is a very strange sacking. There may be a good reason for it, but we can't use that to defend their decision. On the other hand we consider the decision to be an unfortunate one from a footballing perspective.

It's really a case of whether you trust in them more than you would in Pearson. Or, perhaps, whether your default setting is to question a decision until it's justified; or accept a decision until a good reason is given for it being wrong.

The easy way out is for this decision to work out well. I'm pretty sure we'd both agree that this was the priority.

This is exactly why Whelan asked us to trust the club, because they can't give the full reasons why he was sacked.

So you either trust the club, or don't, but trusting the club, supporting the owners and the new manager and not causing arguments and discord amongst fans will help the club move forwards and on to the next stage, let's call it the Rani-era.

Look forwards, not backwards and judge the owners and the manager on the next season and not on last season.

This is exactly why Whelan asked us to trust the club, because they can't give the full reasons why he was sacked.

So you either trust the club, or don't, but trusting the club, supporting the owners and the new manager and not causing arguments and discord amongst fans will help the club move forwards and on to the next stage, let's call it the Rani-era.

Look forwards, not backwards and judge the owners and the manager on the next season and not on last season.

I agree with what you're saying. But Susan Whelan is aggrevating the situation by her statement. We're all adults who are perfectly able to form our own opinions. Not children who need telling "we only want what's best for you".

All the corporate suits associated with the club should just shut their King Power mouths and get on with it. When the players start speaking about how they will run through a wall for Susan Whelan, that's when i'll start listening to her.

We've no good reason to trust the club over this. Pearson has been sacked because of a breakdown in communication between him and the owners. Well, so what? That's life, and you just deal with it. You don't sack somebody who is perfectly good at their job because of something like this. You work around it like an adult.

I'm more than happy to move on - if and when the club stop patronising the fans with this sort of thing.

I agree with what you're saying. But Susan Whelan is aggrevating the situation by her statement. We're all adults who are perfectly able to form our own opinions. Not children who need telling "we only want what's best for you".

All the corporate suits associated with the club should just shut their King Power mouths and get on with it. When the players start speaking about how they will run through a wall for Susan Whelan, that's when i'll start listening to her.

We've no good reason to trust the club over this. Pearson has been sacked because of a breakdown in communication between him and the owners. Well, so what? That's life, and you just deal with it. You don't sack somebody who is perfectly good at their job because of something like this. You work around it like an adult.

I'm more than happy to move on - if and when the club stop patronising the fans with this sort of thing.

:appl:   :appl:   :appl:

Archived