Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jam

Esteban's not coming back

This is ridiculous. How you can completely blame Pearson for managing a team to the bottom of the league and then not credit his ability to pull a team out of that situation is beyond me. Basically anything he did well was lucky in your eyes and anything he did wrong was his fault. Really clueless. The only good thing about Pearson going is that the anti Pearson crew will never be right. 

In context I don't believe Cambiasso would have stayed even if Pearson was still in charge, however the facts remain that when Pearson was in charge a year ago he signed for Leicester. A year later Pearson is not in charge and Cambiasso has not signed. 

The fact that we were bottom of the league for so long demonstrably due to poor selection, tactics and strategy means that I don't really give NP credit for managing anything...least of all our turnaround. He's not even capable of managing his own emotions for Christsakes. As I said...I don't give him credit for 'pulling the team out of that situation' - it's a situation that we should never have been embroiled in, and if you can't see that, not only is that 'beyond me' but you my friend are the 'clueless' one.

It's a complete mystery to me why some members on here instantly react and take umbrage in the face of any criticism of the man. And why does this always polarise into pro-Pearson and anti-Pearson 'brigades'? I don't subscribe to either. 

Don't tell me what I think, or put words in my mouth then refer to me as clueless. Everything we did wrong wasn't his solely his fault at all, but I do believe our dismal run was due to a multitude of factors that could be attributed to Nigel and could have been avoided. On the other hand, our turnaround was in part due to a tremendous team spirit that he engendered. As we know, the addition of Huth, allowed us to shore up the defence, allowed Cambiasso more time and the team to employ the measured style of attacking football that we were always capable of. Albrighton was also key to this turnaround - a player that had shown his potential but was bewilderingly overlooked by Pearson. There was some luck involved, but that's football, and it doesn't detract from the wonderful performances that this team put out post Easter and the incredible support shown by the fans. 

My point again is, irrespective of the 'great escape' - we should never have been placed in that position. That loyalty to certain players became like an old boys club, and I do think that NP was opposed to several of our signings. I also concede it was reciprocal and that arguably such loyalty was ultimately instrumental in our survival. However, Pearson refused to drop players based on their dire performances. I'm a firm believer in continuity and if you truly want a 'tinkerman' look no further than the way Barry Fry managed Birmingham City in the '90s - shocking. Nonetheless, the perseverance with Simpson and Konch; the adherence to disastrous zonal defending; the appalling treatment of Hamer; the Shwarzer shenanigans; the fifth round of the FA cup and utter humiliation away to Villa; Stoke at home; Hull at home; the poor deployment of Krameric; a Captain that was directed in his positional play by his fellow centre back and lead by the holding midfielder...etc etc

Pearson was fiercely pragmatic, old school and lacked the innovation, creativity and flexibilty that the Premiership demands. I simply don't believe that he tactically masterminded our survival, but I do believe that he nonetheless made a significant contribution to morale on and off the field and in the stands. I also have great respect for the loyalty shown by the supporters of this club, who unlike certain clubs in the North East, remained behind team and manager throughout. If they hadn't - we'd be discussing Championship football once again.

Would more or less prove he's left us because of Ranieri coming in. Still convinced he'd have stayed if Big Nige was still with us.

Another Pearson myth debunked eh? Remember certain people saying Pearson wouldn't be able to attract players because he wasn't a big name etc. Well Esteban Cambiasso signed for him, left after he was sacked, and now the world-famous big name media-friendly Claudio Ranieri can't even convince some Ligue 1 no-marks to pick up the phone lol

The fact that we were bottom of the league for so long demonstrably due to poor selection, tactics and strategy means that I don't really give NP credit for managing anything...least of all our turnaround. He's not even capable of managing his own emotions for Christsakes. As I said...I don't give him credit for 'pulling the team out of that situation' - it's a situation that we should never have been embroiled in, and if you can't see that, not only is that 'beyond me' but you my friend are the 'clueless' one.

It's a complete mystery to me why some members on here instantly react and take umbrage in the face of any criticism of the man. And why does this always polarise into pro-Pearson and anti-Pearson 'brigades'? I don't subscribe to either.

Don't tell me what I think, or put words in my mouth then refer to me as clueless. Everything we did wrong wasn't his solely his fault at all, but I do believe our dismal run was due to a multitude of factors that could be attributed to Nigel and could have been avoided. On the other hand, our turnaround was in part due to a tremendous team spirit that he engendered. As we know, the addition of Huth, allowed us to shore up the defence, allowed Cambiasso more time and the team to employ the measured style of attacking football that we were always capable of. Albrighton was also key to this turnaround - a player that had shown his potential but was bewilderingly overlooked by Pearson. There was some luck involved, but that's football, and it doesn't detract from the wonderful performances that this team put out post Easter and the incredible support shown by the fans.

My point again is, irrespective of the 'great escape' - we should never have been placed in that position. That loyalty to certain players became like an old boys club, and I do think that NP was opposed to several of our signings. I also concede it was reciprocal and that arguably such loyalty was ultimately instrumental in our survival. However, Pearson refused to drop players based on their dire performances. I'm a firm believer in continuity and if you truly want a 'tinkerman' look no further than the way Barry Fry managed Birmingham City in the '90s - shocking. Nonetheless, the perseverance with Simpson and Konch; the adherence to disastrous zonal defending; the appalling treatment of Hamer; the Shwarzer shenanigans; the fifth round of the FA cup and utter humiliation away to Villa; Stoke at home; Hull at home; the poor deployment of Krameric; a Captain that was directed in his positional play by his fellow centre back and lead by the holding midfielder...etc etc

Pearson was fiercely pragmatic, old school and lacked the innovation, creativity and flexibilty that the Premiership demands. I simply don't believe that he tactically masterminded our survival, but I do believe that he nonetheless made a significant contribution to morale on and off the field and in the stands. I also have great respect for the loyalty shown by the supporters of this club, who unlike certain clubs in the North East, remained behind team and manager throughout. If they hadn't - we'd be discussing Championship football once again.

Some people talk some bollocks. I don't understand why some don't appreciate the job that NP did for us. OK credit goes to the owners for splashing the cash with us but look at the numerous other teams laugiushing in the championship with rich foreign owners. NP got the right balance at LCFC. He was a man manager who most of the players loved. You don't underestimate the job a manager does until he is gone. People bum Cambiasslow for one season but don't appreciate the hard work NP put into the job 'building a team' for numerous seasons. Yes he wasn't a tactical masterclass but you don't need to be when you're at the bottom. He recognised we needed to stranegthen so signed Huth and changed our formation- give him some credit FFS. We finished 14th after 38 games doesnt matter we went through a bad patch we survived that's all that matters.

I think a lot of people will be eating their words when we see how dogshite the new manager and his back room staff will be. Expect to see a completely different LCFC next season and not one pleasing on the eye. I fully expect big Sam to be in charge by the end of the season

Would more or less prove he's left us because of Ranieri coming in. Still convinced he'd have stayed if Big Nige was still with us.

Another Pearson myth debunked eh? Remember certain people saying Pearson wouldn't be able to attract players because he wasn't a big name etc. Well Esteban Cambiasso signed for him, left after he was sacked, and now the world-famous big name media-friendly Claudio Ranieri can't even convince some Ligue 1 no-marks to pick up the phone lol

Believe that if it helps you. Ranieri who has signed some of the best players in the world more times than you've had hot dinners. It's getting boring now.

Believe that if it helps you. Ranieri who has signed some of the best players in the world more times than you've had hot dinners. It's getting boring now.

If Esteban goes to villa then he officially goes from salt to salad. Can't have that.

Some people talk some bollocks. I don't understand why some don't appreciate the job that NP did for us. OK credit goes to the owners for splashing the cash with us but look at the numerous other teams laugiushing in the championship with rich foreign owners. NP got the right balance at LCFC. He was a man manager who most of the players loved. You don't underestimate the job a manager does until he is gone. People bum Cambiasslow for one season but don't appreciate the hard work NP put into the job 'building a team' for numerous seasons. Yes he wasn't a tactical masterclass but you don't need to be when you're at the bottom. He recognised we needed to stranegthen so signed Huth and changed our formation- give him some credit FFS. We finished 14th after 38 games doesnt matter we went through a bad patch we survived that's all that matters.

I think a lot of people will be eating their words when we see how dogshite the new manager and his back room staff will be. Expect to see a completely different LCFC next season and not one pleasing on the eye. I fully expect big Sam to be in charge by the end of the season

Well said

Personally don't think he fancies another relegation run-in, and he wont go to Villa. Maybe our "look, Esteban stop messing us around take this offer or don't" didn't work for him as he is still thinking about what to do, but like he said, wanted to make sure we got a replacement. 

Why he would want to move to another Prem team that is in a similar postion to us is beyond me.

right now I am pretty pissed off with the club, lets hope they prove me wrong.

We offer 40k, they offer 60k. Or the fact he did what he came to do and wants to do something different

Some people talk some bollocks. I don't understand why some don't appreciate the job that NP did for us. 

People do...but in terms of Premiership football, some don't agree. It will always polarise opinions. He did a substantial amount of damage last year both on and off the field, and I don't attribute our eventual survival to his stewardship. Sorry.

Its only July mate, Esteban didn't sign til mid August last year. And we have signed 3 players

All Pearson signings. These are all Pearson players and you can guarantee some of them won't be half as good under another manager. Most of them will not play the same way now Pearson is gone. The season starts in 2 weeks, we have 3 available midfielders.

Ranieri needs to get some of his own signings in and soon, which is looking increasingly difficult seeing as it appears nobody will answer his phone calls.

Archived