Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claridge

John rudkin

So you can't stand him and he has failed when none of those things could have anything to do with him. I mean ffs we've already had three threads bumming him this summer, now he is rubbish again.

Nobody knows, end of story.

Haha I have definitely never bummed him. Always disliked him. He was always an arrogant idiot when he ran the youth teams. Horrible man.

Well if negotiating players contracts isn't what a DOF does, then Wtf do they do? I accept knockeart was a different situation. But I know that he played a part in negotiations regarding Pearson and he obviously didn't negotiate very well with Esteban did he?

We should be offering whatever we feasibly can to keep this squad together.

Haha I have definitely never bummed him. Always disliked him. He was always an arrogant idiot when he ran the youth teams. Horrible man.

Well if negotiating players contracts isn't what a DOF does, then Wtf do they do? I accept knockeart was a different situation. But I know that he played a part in negotiations regarding Pearson and he obviously didn't negotiate very well with Esteban did he?

We should be offering whatever we feasibly can to keep this squad together.

Oh my goodness.

Right, I'm well aware one of his roles will be negotiating contracts. That doesn't make it his fault if someone doesn't sign when there could be a million other reasons for them not signing.

He could have negotiated brilliantly for all you know, could have offered Knockaert and Cambiasso everything they wanted money wise. But Knockaert wanted more game time and Cambiasso wanted another experience. Whether it's another league or living in a different place before he retires. Both of which are perfectly feasible.

So, before lighting up your torch, grabbing your pitchfork and gathering the mob... consider it might not be his fault. He could be an utter bellend for all I know and the worst negotiator in the world, but we don't know either way.

Oh my goodness.

Right, I'm well aware one of his roles will be negotiating contracts. That doesn't make it his fault if someone doesn't sign when there could be a million other reasons for them not signing.

He could have negotiated brilliantly for all you know, could have offered Knockaert and Cambiasso everything they wanted money wise. But Knockaert wanted more game time and Cambiasso wanted another experience. Whether it's another league or living in a different place before he retires. Both of which are perfectly feasible.

So, before lighting up your torch, grabbing your pitchfork and gathering the mob... consider it might not be his fault. He could be an utter bellend for all I know and the worst negotiator in the world, but we don't know either way.

Haha my torch has been lit with him long before he became DOF, long story. Don't like him.

I accept knockearts family issues have taken him back closer to home. I am however frustrated by the fact that Rudkin played a huge part in Nigel's sacking. I do know that. They dramatically fell out towards the end of last season. After such footballing success, differences in opinions should be left alone!

As for Esteban. I am gutted that we waited so long to offer a contract and didn't show how much we really wanted Esteban. Gutted.

Haha my torch has been lit with him long before he became DOF, long story. Don't like him.

I accept knockearts family issues have taken him back closer to home. I am however frustrated by the fact that Rudkin played a huge part in Nigel's sacking. I do know that. They dramatically fell out towards the end of last season. After such footballing success, differences in opinions should be left alone!

As for Esteban. I am gutted that we waited so long to offer a contract and didn't show how much we really wanted Esteban. Gutted.

Hardly believe we waited till yesterday, as suggested maybe an ultimatum but time to move on and hardly the fault of Rudkin.

I am however frustrated by the fact that Rudkin played a huge part in Nigel's sacking. I do know that. They dramatically fell out towards the end of last season. After such footballing success, differences in opinions should be left alone!

Well forgive me for filing this under "rumour" and not fact considering every report has focused on it being linked to his son in some way and not Rudkin. And well... I have no idea who you are and you've got zero credibility on here with regards being ITK. (Not having a go that's just how it is).

If you think we've gone until yesterday before discussing it with him and his advisors then god help you. The club, Pearson, Ranieri have all said they have spoken to him about it, that's we've been trying for ages. Even Cambiasso's brother stated we'd been working on it.

What you need to understand is that there is no point in offering a contract unless you think it's going to be signed. If they have been in discussions with his brother you have no idea of the conversations that have gone on, or what any sticking points were. If it has just been down to Cambiasso deciding what he wants in life then no contract we can offer will make that up for him.

What was presented to them yesterday was in all likely hood a "we can't wait on longer, take it or leave it" offer. Geoff Peters said last year his advisors were constantly moving goal posts, it wouldn't be a shock if they were doing the same again this season.

I can't stand him! He is smarby and arrogant. I heard he played a huge role in Pearsons sacking and I hate him for it!

He has failed task 1 as far as I am concerned. Keep the team and squad together. Well knockeart has left, cambiasso said he doesn't fancy it and Pearson has been fired, all since he took over his job role. Good job tour doing there John!

As over time I read your posts i gradually come to the conclusion that you are a grade A moron. who ties your shoe laces in the morning?  :dunno:

Everyone saying rudkin playing a role in pearson's sacking is just a rumour is partially true, but it also a rumour with foundations. Geoff Peters confirmed on here Rudkin and Pearson do not get along, Rudkin was DoF when Pearson was sacked... Go figure

Well forgive me for filing this under "rumour" and not fact considering every report has focused on it being linked to his son in some way and not Rudkin. And well... I have no idea who you are and you've got zero credibility on here with regards being ITK. (Not having a go that's just how it is).

If you think we've gone until yesterday before discussing it with him and his advisors then god help you. The club, Pearson, Ranieri have all said they have spoken to him about it, that's we've been trying for ages. Even Cambiasso's brother stated we'd been working on it.

What you need to understand is that there is no point in offering a contract unless you think it's going to be signed. If they have been in discussions with his brother you have no idea of the conversations that have gone on, or what any sticking points were. If it has just been down to Cambiasso deciding what he wants in life then no contract we can offer will make that up for him.

What was presented to them yesterday was in all likely hood a "we can't wait on longer, take it or leave it" offer. Geoff Peters said last year his advisors were constantly moving goal posts, it wouldn't be a shock if they were doing the same again this season.

But the fact of the matter is that the take it or leave it offer was not good enough. Simple as that. Maybe that's not Rudkins fault, but he is in charge of negotiations so it partly falls down to his responsibility.

As for Pearson, Rudkin played a major part in it all. Choose to believe that or not. But I know what I know.

Not happy.

But the fact of the matter is that the take it or leave it offer was not good enough. Simple as that. Maybe that's not Rudkins fault, but he is in charge of negotiations so it partly falls down to his responsibility.

As for Pearson, Rudkin played a major part in it all. Choose to believe that or not. But I know what I know.

Not happy.

You don't seem to get it do you. The decision could have had nothing to do with the contract. Or they were asking for something we just couldn't give. So how is that HIS fault?

It's absolutely moronic to think like that.

But the fact of the matter is that the take it or leave it offer was not good enough. Simple as that.

Not happy.

I'm not sure it is as "simple as that" though.

Whether the offer was 'good enough' might not be the issue at all. I'm guessing EC is a multi millionaire so maybe it doesn't matter how much Rudkin or the club offered him.

If EC wants a new challenge and feels his work at City is done then it doesn't matter who's doing the negotiating.

You don't seem to get it do you. The decision could have had nothing to do with the contract. Or they were asking for something we just couldn't give. So how is that HIS fault?

It's absolutely moronic to think like that.

I get what you are saying, just frustrated that we have lost a good player. Whatever the reason, the frustration remains. Anyway I suppose it is unfair to try and play the blame game. It's not just one person who calls the shits as you say. Still don't like Rudkin though ;)

I don't know him nor do I know the ins and outs of his role. However, his appointment as DOF is strange.

As youth team coach and director he hasn't achieved much. When you compare the amount of players that have come through and made an impact for Forest and Derby over the years and then compare that to our successes from the youth system it is grim reading. We should at the very least be on par with there successes if not better.

For years our youth teams have done well at the youth levels and then flopped to make the next step. That is not success for a head of department.

You then look at his career objectively. He doesn't seem to have contacts around the world. Nor has he clear experience of negotiating critical deals. He doesn't seem to have been a scout either. So what exactly are his qualities to be a director of a company?

It seems his appointment is more based around his longevity rather than continued success and proven track record.

I don't mind the sporting director/DOF within reason and under the managers say so to handle deals and the admin surrounding a football club. We will get it right but Rudkin is not the answer. He does seem to be the owners favourite mate at the moment though.

As over time I read your posts i gradually come to the conclusion that you are a grade A moron. who ties your shoe laces in the morning? :dunno:

Cheers for the insult for having a differing opinion to your own. I will bare in mind that I must not have a differing opinion to Jacnah in the future. Very sorry for the inconvenience your lordship. :P

I have met the guy, know the guy, and have built an opinion of the guy. Over time I have grown to hate him, despite me initially wanting to support him because of his initial work with the youth setup. Let's just say he didn't exactly spare people on his way to the top.

Goodness me! It`s not so long ago Rudkin was being hailed on here, as being so much better than Robinson, now all of a sudden he`s a know nothing who licks backsides to get where he has.

Cambiasso could have signed a new contract at the end of last season, but he obviously already had it in mind that his job here was done, and he would move on, which would have made the negotiations with him even more difficult, trying to change the mind of someone who was thinking of going in a different direction.

In fact for it to have gone this long before getting a no from Cambiasso, could actually show how well Rudkin had done in trying to get Cambiasso to have a change of heart.

At the end of the day however, we are two and half weeks away from the start of the season, and we needed to know one way or another, so we could make plans with or without him, which is why they probably offered him a yes or no deal yesterday, and he decided to look elsewhere.

I`m gutted he`s not coming back too, but like with Pearson, it`s time to say thanks for the memories and move on.

Cheers for the insult for having a differing opinion to your own. I will bare in mind that I must not have a differing opinion to Jacnah in the future. Very sorry for the inconvenience your lordship. :P

I have met the guy, know the guy, and have built an opinion of the guy. Over time I have grown to hate him, despite me initially wanting to support him because of his initial work with the youth setup. Let's just say he didn't exactly spare people on his way to the top.

I think you're airtime jealous that someone with no footballing background or talent has made a successful career at the football club you support.

It's a bit of a weird one just how involved he seems to be. Compare Robinson who was never seen or heard yet now the man doing the same job is in every photos the owners are in and announces our new manager...

Well he is DOF.

Perhaps Robbo should have been seen more, by most accounts (apart from Pearson, probably because he didn't get in the way) he was often pretty poo at negotiations. (expect lots of posts now about players Robinson got in)

I think you're airtime jealous that someone with no footballing background or talent has made a successful career at the football club you support.

You could well be right. But why should someone with no footballing background or talent make a successful career at our great football club. The decision to make him DOF with no experience of the job role is almost as bad as the Tories decision to put Jeremy Chunt in charge of the NHS!

Archived