Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claridge

John rudkin

Regards the academy, we were largely scuppered of any chance of having a successful academy by Mandaric, he didn't invest much and for a long time we didn't have a reserve team.

We will hopefully see more success from the academy now we have had investment in it and an integrated development squad, but it takes time. Schlupp and Moore are not a terrible return but the problem with success is you need better quality to maintain it. Forest may have more academy products in their team but they are playing at a lower level and will probably remain there if they have to rely on their academy products.

Regards the academy, we were largely scuppered of any chance of having a successful academy by Mandaric, he didn't invest much and for a long time we didn't have a reserve team.

We will hopefully see more success from the academy now we have had investment in it and an integrated development squad, but it takes time. Schlupp and Moore are not a terrible return but the problem with success is you need better quality to maintain it. Forest may have more academy products in their team but they are playing at a lower level and will probably remain there if they have to rely on their academy products.

I do have to disagree with you.

Rudkin has been at the academy/head of/academy director a lot longer than Mandy's time.

I also have to disagree that Forest have players in there team which are only there due to the lower league status. A number have gone on to play at a higher level, even international. One also happens to captain us.

I just don't see what is the reason for his rise to the position of such control that he is able to handle a number of key decisions for us.

Cheers for the insult for having a differing opinion to your own. I will bare in mind that I must not have a differing opinion to Jacnah in the future. Very sorry for the inconvenience your lordship. :P

I have met the guy, know the guy, and have built an opinion of the guy. Over time I have grown to hate him, despite me initially wanting to support him because of his initial work with the youth setup. Let's just say he didn't exactly spare people on his way to the top.

Look it's not that you have a different opinion, life is full of those and justifiably so, it's the fact that your posts are full of assertions and certainties that have no grounding in evidence at all and that are only serving to support the biases you already appear to have convinced yourself are valid. The desperate casting around for anything that supports those biases, or connects them to any and all current ills,no matter how thin, only seems to make them more childish.......hence my later insult in response to a further post in the same tone......I'm really not a key board warrior usually and the relative politeness of your response now makes me feel guilty...but you've pushed me over the edge :-)

Look it's not that you have a different opinion, life is full of those and justifiably so, it's the fact that your posts are full of assertions and certainties that have no grounding in evidence at all and that are only serving to support the biases you already appear to have convinced yourself are valid. The desperate casting around for anything that supports those biases, or connects them to any and all current ills,no matter how thin, only seems to make them more childish.......hence my later insult in response to a further post in the same tone......I'm really not a key board warrior usually and the relative politeness of your response now makes me feel guilty...but you've pushed me over the edge :-)

Seriously though, choose to believe the information or not, that is of course your choice. But I can garunteed that I am not creating any certanties without form of evidence. Stories have surfaced before my posts of bust ups between Rudkin and others at the club, don't rely on my 'assertions', look around. Look back in the past, there is a video somewhere of him claiming that the first team managers never give the academy lads a chance, surely it's not his place to make such assertions? This is just an example to give of his arrogant persona.

I have based my opinions on what I know of Rudkin from personal experience and previous media exposure of the guy, and I don't like him. I seriously doubt his interpersonal skills are helping negotiations, but hey maybe he is different now, to in the past?

But the fact of the matter is that the take it or leave it offer was not good enough. Simple as that. Maybe that's not Rudkins fault, but he is in charge of negotiations so it partly falls down to his responsibility.

As for Pearson, Rudkin played a major part in it all. Choose to believe that or not. But I know what I know.

Not happy.

I'm happy, and if it was anything to do with Rudkin, he gets a pat on the back from me.

This is ludicrous. The owners have appointed him. And the owners are the best thing to ever happen to the club. Are the fans against the owners because they sacked bloody nigel pearson

Who has said they are against the owners? Disbelief and dis pair at the managerial decisions yes, against them? Definetely not!

Rudkin the right man? No! Ranieri the right man now Nige has gone? Yer he seems pretty good, saying all the right things, let's hope he follows through :P

Ok, so I started a thread on Jon Rudkin (maybe rather premature) after we'd just signed Fuchs praising him on the job he was doing. I'm kind of glad it wasn't resurrected, as Babylon has said previously (and quite rightly) we don't actually know what influence he has.

I guess I was hoping for a summer that may of been a little more successful than last.

Still, there's time, time to move on get behind the new era.

As for Esteban, good luck. We'll always support our club no matter who plays or manages it. We, as supporters are Leicester til we die!

I can only judge his personality from an opinion of a junior coach who I know who coaches at the club I coach at and he isn't exactly popular.

The only time I have ever met him was outside St Andrews 2 years ago about five minutes before kick off and the chap on the gate said the car park was full. He gave the whole 'don't you know who I am' act and held up the traffic whilst arguing with the chap.

If the owners sacked Nige on the advice of Rudkin. I'd Reckon that would say more about the owners than Jon himself. NP had just performed the greatest of escapes with the whole world watching so to sack him surely wouldn't be Just because "rudders" didn't like him, although, I agree, it was most probably a contributing factor.

Went school with Jon and he never even played for the school team. Strange the power he has at lcfc.youth team helper to director of football?

"you don't need to have been a horse to be a jockey."

I don't know him nor do I know the ins and outs of his role. However, his appointment as DOF is strange.

As youth team coach and director he hasn't achieved much. When you compare the amount of players that have come through and made an impact for Forest and Derby over the years and then compare that to our successes from the youth system it is grim reading. We should at the very least be on par with there successes if not better.

For years our youth teams have done well at the youth levels and then flopped to make the next step. That is not success for a head of department.

You then look at his career objectively. He doesn't seem to have contacts around the world. Nor has he clear experience of negotiating critical deals. He doesn't seem to have been a scout either. So what exactly are his qualities to be a director of a company?

It seems his appointment is more based around his longevity rather than continued success and proven track record.

I don't mind the sporting director/DOF within reason and under the managers say so to handle deals and the admin surrounding a football club. We will get it right but Rudkin is not the answer. He does seem to be the owners favourite mate at the moment though.

Bingo compare this CV to someone like Les Reed at Southampton.

This club has money it never had before, we should be appointed someone who thrive in the role. Promotion from within was a easy option.

Guest Mee-9

This is ludicrous. The owners have appointed him. And the owners are the best thing to ever happen to the club. Are the fans against the owners because they sacked bloody nigel pearson

The best thing to ever happen to the club? Did you never support Leicester when Martyn Waghorn signed for us?!

Rudkin's always reminded me of Tony "Grin and Blair It".

Our youth set-up has had its moments but I'd put much of that down to Steve Beaglehole at the senior end. Year on year progress? Well, the owners have been awesome in terms of facilities and backing but as for end product well, I mentioned in another thread, it's been less than I'd have wanted or expected. 

Rudkin's always reminded me of Tony "Grin and Blair It".

Our youth set-up has had its moments but I'd put much of that down to Steve Beaglehole at the senior end. Year on year progress? Well, the owners have been awesome in terms of facilities and backing but as for end product well, I mentioned in another thread, it's been less than I'd have wanted or expected.

Completely the wrong way round for me. The Academy boys upto 16 are taught to play a certain way and are recognised by International call ups but as soon as they go into the 18/21 set up winning becomes everything and their development pretty much stops. Agree that winning football games is important but at what cost when really none of the fans give a toss if these teams win or lose ?

Foxhateram has been bombed out of our Academy at some point would be my guess ...

Rudkin was certainly not instrumental in Pearson getting the sack but it is fair to say they didn't see eye to eye for a long time although this changed towards the end. Not sure any Academy Director is going to be over popular when you think of how many players are released each year.

One thing for sure is he won't be pissed around by Agents, is as straight as they come and I would think in time he will make a good D o F

Couple of signings and I'm sure he will be back to being the best thing since sliced bread

Anyone still tracking the owner's plane, if so where is it?

I strongly think that Rudkin will be on the plane, whereever they go, as he seems the 'ambassador' of the club to meet new potential players.

lol

Comments like this make me sick.

Archived