Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattyFromLE

Team Vs Sunderland

---------------------kasper------------------

---------Huth-------Morgan------Was-----

--Albrighton-----------------------------Schlupp

-------------------King----New CM---------------

------------------------Kramaric-------------------

-----------------ULLOA----VARDY------------

--------------------Kasper-----------------------

Fuchs------Moore---Huth---------Albrighton

Schlupp-----Hammond----Drinky-----Mahrez

-------------Krammy-----Okazaki--------------

Gone for 4-4-2 to accomodate our best players. Strikers is the toughest posistion but if the above two hit the ground running they will hopefully be formidable. Mahrez to drift in to allow Alrighton to bomb forward.  Need a CM don't knowif any one has mentioned that on FT?

As things stand,

Kasper

Was

Huth

Wes (or Moore depending on fitness)

Albrighton

King

Drinkwater

Schlupp

Mahrez

Vardy
Ulloa

Schwarzer, De Laet, Fuchs, Hammond, Nugent, Kramaric, Okazaki

And I suppose I could live with that for the Sunderland match, but we really need a couple of options at CM.

Morgan overall looked great in the Gold Cup defensively and when he moved forward for some attacking roles. I don't always speak positive about him but his play post season will help us going into this season. Maybe Ranieri will give him some rest but I'd start him for the first few games before thinking about resting him.

Based on all previous evidence a midfield pairing of DD and King is an absolute no, no.

Agree. If no more signings are made then Hammond surely has to start...  great player as a back-up, but not good to think he would be in our first choice 11...

GK Schmeichel

DRC Wasilewski

DC Huth

DLC Fuchs

MR Mahrez

MC Aranguiz

MC Drinkwater

ML Schlupp

AMC Okazaki

SRC Kramaric

SLC Vardy

BENCH

Schwarzer

Morgan

De Laet

Albrighton

King

Nugent

Ulloa

NOTE: This is what I think it will be not necessarily what I want it to be.

Would start almost as we ended.

Kacper

Albrighton

Wes

Huth

Was

Schlupp

King

Drinky

Nuge

Vardy

Ulloa

Continuity of the team that kept us up is important. The new boys need to earn their places. Especially strikers. Vardes Nuge and Ulloa worked really well towards the back end of last term.

Schmeichel

De Laet Huth Wasilewski Schlupp

Albrighton King Drinkwater Mahrez

Okazaki

Vardy

---

It might seem strange moving away from three at the back after the end of last season but I'm not sure we have a reliable third centre back who will be fit and available for the first game, and it's concerning how easily teams can get in down the sides when we play three at the back.

Schmeichel

De Laet Huth Wasilewski Schlupp

Albrighton King Drinkwater Mahrez

Okazaki

Vardy

---

It might seem strange moving away from three at the back after the end of last season but I'm not sure we have a reliable third centre back who will be fit and available for the first game, and it's concerning how easily teams can get in down the sides when we play three at the back.

m

I just fear playing 442 especially after the first 30 games last season!

Kasper

Albrighton

Was

Huth

Morgan/Moore

Schlupp

Kante

King

Mahrez

Okazaki

Ulloa/Vardy/Kramaric/Nugent

Really cant decide who to play up front tbh, all depends on what Claudio has seen in pre season and in training.

Same team as against QPR WITH Drinkwater in for Cambiasso.

3-1 city 1-0 early on and FT in meltdown mode! cattermole with the goal. Vardy to equalise on the stroke of half time, Shinji off the bench to put us ahead and Andy King to secure the points with a late diving header!

No one else to win by more than 1 goal leaving us top of the premier league for a week or so!

When You're Smiling

Archived