Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
southfox66

Seriously worried about lack of any central midfield ?

Unless someone knows something I don't, we don't seem to be rushing to fill the vacant central midfield area, we bought in defender and striker, we don't really need, when midfield should have been our priority even if we thought Cambiasso was staying, we still should have been still looking for a long term replacement. 

Given the central midfield players we have available at the moment we clearly not going to start season playing 3 at back, so tinkering has already started and even with four at back, central midfield still looks lightweight at moment and can see we going to struggle in games, if we don't have the players in that area to control the game and run danger of the defence becoming over worked, put out of position and conceeding goals !! 

Hopefully by Wednesday we'll have two loan midfield players from Chelsea, but I wont hold my breath. 

1. You can't buy what you can't afford.

2. You can't get what doesn't want to come.

3. You can't get what someone doesn't want to sell.

4. To foreign player's who have probably never heard of us we're not the most attractive proposition though a good ground and facilities, potential good pay, Potential Premiership experience on CV, last year's great escape and now a manager that people have heard of are all plus points.

5. Ranieri and the club I am sure are acutely aware of the issue and it doesn't need the combined expert brains of a forum like this to enlighten them.

6. At the end of the day they will no doubt get the best that is possibly available even if we haven't heard of them. If they can't then they won't spend millions on someone who isn't going to improve us in which case we go with what we've got.

Simples.

Unless someone knows something I don't, we don't seem to be rushing to fill the vacant central midfield area, we bought in defender and striker, we don't really need, when midfield should have been our priority even if we thought Cambiasso was staying, we still should have been still looking for a long term replacement. 

Given the central midfield players we have available at the moment we clearly not going to start season playing 3 at back, so tinkering has already started and even with four at back, central midfield still looks lightweight at moment and can see we going to struggle in games, if we don't have the players in that area to control the game and run danger of the defence becoming over worked, put out of position and conceeding goals !! 

Hopefully by Wednesday we'll have two loan midfield players from Chelsea, but I wont hold my breath. 

Hopefully in the club there will be plenty who know more than you I and about 99% of people on FT. The club seem to keep their cards close to their chests and that is a good thing, doubt it very much that they are starting the rumours. The media know we need additions in CM so we get linked to everyman and his dog doesn't mean we are interested. Deals may already be sorted so stop the panic. Unless of course we buy Barton.

Would we swap the 3 we signed to keep 'The One ' we lost though?

A choice between Huth, Fuchs and Okazaki or Cambiasso?

Sorry I take the 3 everyday of the week, a choice between Huth or Cambiasso was close, but adding the other 2 it's a no brainier.

We've lost 1 player and signed 3

Perspective

In fairness to the OP he is talking about CM in which we've lost Cambiasso and look like we will miss James for a while also. So that's 2 that need replacing.

Still, I have faith Claudio will bring in replacements, next week will hopefully be the week!

Archived