Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
southfox66

Seriously worried about lack of any central midfield ?

It's going to be difficult for a club like us to attract top quality players.  Cambiasso was a one off and without him we would have surely been relegated but there aren't many former major league and Champions League winners with a wealth of International experience that would relish a relegation scrap in the Premier League.  

I also read somwhere that Ranieri doesn't like to gt involved in transfers.  He prefers to identify the qualities he wants in a player, leaving the scouts and DOF to find them.

Also, having Cambiasso here was a big draw for potential transfer targets.  Now he's gone, it will be even harder!

1. You can't buy what you can't afford.

2. You can't get what doesn't want to come.

3. You can't get what someone doesn't want to sell.

4. To foreign player's who have probably never heard of us we're not the most attractive proposition though a good ground and facilities, potential good pay, Potential Premiership experience on CV, last year's great escape and now a manager that people have heard of are all plus points.

5. Ranieri and the club I am sure are acutely aware of the issue and it doesn't need the combined expert brains of a forum like this to enlighten them.

6. At the end of the day they will no doubt get the best that is possibly available even if we haven't heard of them. If they can't then they won't spend millions on someone who isn't going to improve us in which case we go with what we've got.

Simples.

Less of this cconsidered analysis.

TINKERMAN OUT

Weakest part of the pitch for us.

King, Drinkwater, Hammond are OK....they'll do a job without pulling up any trees.

We need a real class player here to replace Cambiasso.

If we need to pay to get him, then pay.

IMO we require a quality RB (with RDL as back up) and at least one quality midfielder.

I just wonder? If we could have a sniff at Lallana?

He's not going to feature much for Liverpool, is a lovely player and could just possibly be available for the right money?

We need a holding player who wins the ball and and gives, keeping possession. We have bigger priorities than lallana who wouldn't come here anyway.

We need a holding player who wins the ball and and gives, keeping possession. We have bigger priorities than lallana who wouldn't come here anyway.

I think we could do with both mate.

For sure, the tough tackling, ball winning holding player, PLUS a playmaker of real quality.

Get those two in, pay the money, and I think we'll be pushing for mid-table if not higher

1. You can't buy what you can't afford.

2. You can't get what doesn't want to come.

3. You can't get what someone doesn't want to sell.

4. To foreign player's who have probably never heard of us we're not the most attractive proposition though a good ground and facilities, potential good pay, Potential Premiership experience on CV, last year's great escape and now a manager that people have heard of are all plus points.

5. Ranieri and the club I am sure are acutely aware of the issue and it doesn't need the combined expert brains of a forum like this to enlighten them.

6. At the end of the day they will no doubt get the best that is possibly available even if we haven't heard of them. If they can't then they won't spend millions on someone who isn't going to improve us in which case we go with what we've got.

Simples.

I agree with this except the first sentence in point 4. I'm convinced, certain actually, that most football fans in the world have heard of Leicester after the ending to last season and the Man United match. The Premier League is the most watched league on the planet.

Archived